Well, we are going to try the Magic in January...

Sytrace

DIS Veteran
I was able to find a good FL resident rate on the Magic out of Miami for a Marvel Day at Sea cruise. :)
It will be a first for my husband and kids, but I sailed on her in 1999 as a CM (eons ago)
Still, many things have changed and I am really excited to sail again...even though it will be from a different port than the previous 15 cruises.
We will stop in Cozumel and have 2 sea days, which are always my favorite and since we have been in Cozumel 4 times just this year, I see a ship day again on this sailing.

I have booked the Heroic Encounter tickets, but have not been able to secure Groot yet...will keep trying and of course, booked Palo dinner so we are pretty much all set. Now to do some research on port parking and check out the menus for the different dining rooms.
We originally had an Oceanview cabin on Deck 2 but I managed to snag a great veranda cabin on Deck 7 forward at the TA rate. The others were aft verandas and I am not a fan of aft.
If you have any menu recommendations for the dining rooms on Magic, please feel free to share. We are pretty versatile in taste, but I personally adore pasta. Hoping the Black Truffle Pasta Pursiettes are also on the Magic in AP :)

We were on the Magic for the 10/21 Canada cruise out of NYC. Marvel day was a lot of fun even though we are not huge fans. Seeing characters walking around the ship was fun. Be sure to see the Marvel show on deck in the evening. If you are lucky, you will get our server Agus. He was efficient, friendly and has a sense of humor. There were a number of pasta dishes in Lumier's and Animators. For some reason, I was on a seafood kick this time (tuna, sea bass, shrimp). Palo was excellent. I tried the wine dinner. Because the weather was bad, there were only a few other busy tables so we got a lot of attention from our server and the sommelier. Have a great cruise. If you have any questions, let us know.

By your signature it looks like you'll be on the ship two weeks ahead of me -- fingers crossed that it's great for the both of us! I'm nervous about getting the Heroic Encounter and Groot meet tickets, but I suppose all I can do is wait and try once my 75 day window opens on Monday night (I just hope I don't end up spending embarkation day waiting in line to pester CMs for last chance tickets).

You will be happy to know they have your beloved truffled pursettes.

By your signature it looks like you'll be on the ship two weeks ahead of me -- fingers crossed that it's great for the both of us! I'm nervous about getting the Heroic Encounter and Groot meet tickets, but I suppose all I can do is wait and try once my 75 day window opens on Monday night (I just hope I don't end up spending embarkation day waiting in line to pester CMs for last chance tickets).

I booked 70 days before the cruise and had no problem with getting Heroic Encounter as they have it listed as available on BOTH sea days. :) Very nice surprise and not sure if that is normal or a glitch in the computer...I got one for the second sea day which is Marvel Day at Sea...but Groot is showing as sold out.
I am going to keep trying though and once on board if I have not secured it, I will go request tickets there. I am positive it will be a fantastic cruise for both of us and our families. :)

Unfortunately you'll probably not get Groot. I was the second person at guest services and did not get Groot. Other than that my family LOVES the Magic. CC is so nice with so few people.

My dh and I went on the Magic in 2001 for our honeymoon. We haven't been on her since. I tried to talk my dh into booking a 5night cruise on her for Jan 2019, but he wants to go on a 7night, so I booked one on the Fantasy instead. I love 7nights, but we were just on the Fantasy this past January and I would love to go back on the Magic. I really want to see Tangle. I also love the black truffle pursiettes. I wanted to pick up my bowl and lick it clean last time I had them. Best dish on the ship!

I have been on all four ships and the Magic was my last-this July. I love the Wonder but Magic was even better...obviously I'm a small ship fan :)
I skipped Paris and Cadiz for "ship days" and they were close to being Best Day on Ship Ever (I'd say tied with AK on Wonder in 2011).

Hope you have a great cruise!

Unfortunately you'll probably not get Groot. I was the second person at guest services and did not get Groot. Other than that my family LOVES the Magic. CC is so nice with so few people.

Bummer, but it's good to set realistic expectations if I can't book it ahead of time.

I am hoping that since we are platinum and can board with group 1, that I will be able to get to GS pretty quick and get those tickets. But if not, then we will be fine. :) I just love Groot!

My dh and I went on the Magic in 2001 for our honeymoon. We haven't been on her since. I tried to talk my dh into booking a 5night cruise on her for Jan 2019, but he wants to go on a 7night, so I booked one on the Fantasy instead. I love 7nights, but we were just on the Fantasy this past January and I would love to go back on the Magic. I really want to see Tangle. I also love the black truffle pursiettes. I wanted to pick up my bowl and lick it clean last time I had them. Best dish on the ship!

Yes, we love the longer cruises too, and have sailed the Fantasy 9 times so far out of our 15 cruises...but my husband and kids really want to give the Magic a try and the Marvel day at sea is a bonus. I have been lucky that our amazing serving teams bring me the Black truffle pursiettes every night for the first few nights of the cruise once they understand my addiction/love for them. They are really my kryptonite and where I think most of my cruise weight gain comes from. :)

I have been on all four ships and the Magic was my last-this July. I love the Wonder but Magic was even better...obviously I'm a small ship fan :)
I skipped Paris and Cadiz for "ship days" and they were close to being Best Day on Ship Ever (I'd say tied with AK on Wonder in 2011).

Hope you have a great cruise!

Thank you! I am looking forward to sailing again on her and for my husband and kids to experience it for the first time. I admit to loving the larger ships, but really looking forward to the smaller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter