• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Welcome to the WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge

So far so good for me. I went to the gym yesterday and was able to get in an hour long workout! It felt really good!

Last night my DH and kiddo wanted to go to Cheesecake factory for dinner.....UGH! I am really proud of myself because I was able to control my portion and still only use 2 of my WW flex points for the week!

As for my screen name....Our last name is Philben and J is for my first name C is for DH first name. Pretty boring I know!

Today I am doing some house cleaning and the my youngest has physical therapy. I plan to go to the gym tonight with DH and then come home and watch the premier of Biggest Loser. I can't wait.....I love that show. Only problem this time of year is that I love American Idol too and it is up against it on the same night.....something is going on Tivo!

Hope you ladies and gents are all having a great day!

Juanita

Hey everyone,
Another day down and I was OP yesterday even with my Chocolate oops!

Today is going good so far. I had every intention of getting up this morning to exercise, but I was just too lazy and didn't do it. It's supposed to ice and snow this afternoon - maybe I'll get lucky and can go home early and exercise.

Did anyone see Oprah yesterday? It was very good and I really understand how she feels. Probably one of the most useful shows I've ever seen about weightloss. It really spoke to me and she was good to show how she is getting back on track by scheduling exercise and other pampering things on your calendar. Making a calendar of your meals - planning your meals is so important, etc. Basically making yourself a priority. Also Bob Greene is having a free webinar on Oprah.com next Monday night. I'm definately going to watch or download afterwards. Sounds like it will be great. He also asked you to answer a few questions, and I really want to sit down and reflect on them.
Today's Oprah should be good too - its with Dr. Oz. This whole week is about living your Best Life.

I'm so looking forward to BL tonight. I can't wait.

Last night my DH and kiddo wanted to go to Cheesecake factory for dinner.....UGH! I am really proud of myself because I was able to control my portion and still only use 2 of my WW flex points for the week!

I usually have the Thai Lettuce wraps and get extra cucumbers instead of the noodles. Its all veggies and just a little meat with peanuts.

I usually just use a small small amount of the sauce. -I think I used to count it as 10 WW's Points or less. Veggies are free - just a small amount for chicken, a few peanuts and whatever for the sauce.

WOW ... you are all doing so great on your eating. I'm not there yet ... trying smaller portions, trying not to snack at night, vowed NOT to buy fresh homemade bread from the bakery ... these are baby steps but man they're hard!

I went to the gym again today at lunch and did 40 min on TM ... 2.45 miles. :banana: Now if I could just get rid of this cold for good!

I have never watched the show. :confused3 Might have to give it a try tonight.

Great work everyone!

WOW ... you are all doing so great on your eating. I'm not there yet ... trying smaller portions, trying not to snack at night, vowed NOT to buy fresh homemade bread from the bakery ... these are baby steps but man they're hard!

Hi Maryliz,

Do you plan out your calories each day? It might help you if you made a plan each day with your calories so you could see how many you have left to use. If snacking at night is your hardest - start by plugging a snack in each night and work your calories around that. Getting back on track is always the hardest for me. Once I get into that Zone and the weight starts dropping it's so much easier - but getting there is tough.

Happy tuesday!!

i think my scale broke this morning.. which is a good thing lol

I was tired of moving it around the kitchen floor and getting 4 different reading. I brought it to the basement to see if that would work better and it didnt turn back on.:eek: maybe thats a sign to stop me from getting on it 10 times a day.

I love the wish 7 logo... I will have to add it to my signature.

So far I am having good day. I was in the mood for a burger for lunch so I stopped by mcdonalds for a cheeseburger. Brought it home, tossed the bun and ate it over salad.

Good afternoon Wishers! So far, so good for me. Since I am just back from vacation I know that I can't just jump right into a restrictive diet. Instead, I have been trying to get away from all the junk I have been eating the last couple of weeks (burgers, pizza, beer, sweets, etc) and trying to make more healthy choices. I had chicken noodle soup yesterday with big chunks of chicken and kluski noodles (it was cold here) and Bob's Red Mill 10-Grain hot cereal this morning. It had 5 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein with a half of a scoop of protein powder and Splenda. I find that I feel satisfied longer when I eat plenty of protein. When I did Atkin's I would eat bacon and eggs for breakfast at 8:30 and then look up at the clock at about 2:00 pm and realize I missed lunch and still wasn't hungry!

I don't know what diet I will start (probably) next week. I was sucessful on Atkin's and WW before. Not so good on South Beach (it was too wishy-washy for me). I love noodles, pasta, bread, potatoes, etc which are all no-no's on Atkins. I was able to do without them but I missed them. I'm sure that eating them again was part of my recent weight gain. Unfortunately, I think it's also because trying WW in the late summer gave me "permission" to eat that stuff again. *sigh* So ... I'm not sure what to do. I don't know about the new Momentum program, but it seems to be more of a lower carb kind of diet so I might sign up online.

I don't know what diet I will start (probably) next week. I was sucessful on Atkin's and WW before. Not so good on South Beach (it was too wishy-washy for me). I love noodles, pasta, bread, potatoes, etc which are all no-no's on Atkins. I was able to do without them but I missed them. I'm sure that eating them again was part of my recent weight gain. Unfortunately, I think it's also because trying WW in the late summer gave me "permission" to eat that stuff again. *sigh* So ... I'm not sure what to do. I don't know about the new Momentum program, but it seems to be more of a lower carb kind of diet so I might sign up online.

I feel the same way - had success on both WW and Atkins. i looked terrific on Atkins, but (obviously) could notr maintain. My mom has been on Atkins for over 20 years and looks fantastic. I just started WW again - I have the stuff, did not sign up for the meetings - and I find that journaling every bite is the key for me. It is mindblowing to realize how much I was eating before I re-started this. No wonder I gained weight.

I did the Wii Fit again today, and learned that not only is my balance off, but I have no rhythm with the advanced step :rotfl2: However, i feel I got a better workout than yesterday, and it is fun, so I am hoping to stick with it.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Samantha

Good afternoon all...

DIS name first....I'm Zurgs wife.....Zurg (my dh) was an avid poster here many moons ago when we both found the DIS.

Second....I hate the feeling when you start to stop eating sugary items. I feel like CRAP right now and I know it is because of the fact that I haven't had candy or highly processed foods in 2 days. I think it usually takes about a week or so....you'd think I would learn how crappy I feel and how good I feel when I don't eat the stuff....

Third, did basic wii again today. Hoping to get to the treadmill by weeks end but it is still buried with all the renovating we have been doing in the basement. My wii age went down to 51 which is much better then the original 60.....LOL

Did I mention I feel like crap right now....

Oh Julie!! I just got my bodybugg in the mail today, but I won't be able to use it until I get back from WDW next Friday. Do you think we can work through the kinks of learning this machine together??

I'm turning 50 this July! :laughing:

-Karen

I"m with you KareBear1!! Hopefully mine will arrive by Friday! I'm rather a non-techno-geek, so the first few days could be interesting!! Plus, I'm used to swimming every other day for exercise & it's not waterproof! Oh well.... I'm still excited about getting it. Hopefully between it & WW I can FINALLY get this under control!!

Thanks, Carol. :) Do you follow Weight Watchers online?

By the way - when I was at Sam's Club today, I noticed they had a number of bargain-priced exercise DVD's available. I was tempted to buy something new, but because I'm also posting on the "No Buy January" thread - I decided to wait. My problem isn't a lack of exercise videos and DVD's - but a lack of motivaton to do the ones I already have!

If you have a Costco membership, they have the same selection of DVDs and they are B1G1!

Is anybody else intimidated by the giant thread? It's so much to keep up with! Maybe the next time we have this challenge we can go back to teams, but only have two. I just find it very overwhelming, and noticed there are fewer personal replies.

Anyway, I did well and had one of my South Beach entrees for lunch (slept through breakfast). I did end up having Mexican for dinner which put me way over my carbs, but I still managed to eat within my points. Tomorrow will be easier I think. I startm y student teaching, so I will be back on a regular schedule. I will also be bringing my lunch to school, and I stocked up on Lean Cuisines last night. Sadly, Wal Mart is no longer selling South Beach Dinners, so I am stuck figuring out which Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones are low carb.

I kind of like everyone together, but I'm thinking that we may need to break it down weekly as it will get HUGE!!! I don't recall if that was in the plans or not!

Good afternoon evveryone. I got up this morning and worked out some, not as much as I should have but more than I have been doing. Eating today has been pretty good. Almost all the good stuff is out of the house so it has gotten easier as the week has gone on.

I did enjoy Oprah yesterday and she made me really think about this journey I have been on for the past few years. It also made me think about why I let myself gain the weight back that I had lost 3 years ago. It might help me along this new journey.

Hope everyone has a great evening. I am planning to watch the BL tonight. I have somethings to do between then and now so I better get moving.

Whew! I just plowed thru all 19 pages!! It's SO good to see so many on here!!

Screen name: My DS19 was a nationally ranked gymnast for years for Gold Cup Gymnastics in Albuquerque. I handled all the travel for parents & coaches & we needed a common login/password/email for me & this stuck. I REALLY wish there was a way to change screen names to something more relevant!! Sigh.........

Doing ok so far. Evenings are the worst for me, but I'm dealing with it. Still waiting on the BodyBugg to arrive!!

Can't wait for the show tonight! Pups & I will snuggle up under the electric blanket to watch. It's REALLY cold & windy here in NM today. I wouldn't mind if we had snow, but without it the cold is just irritating to me.

Things on plan here today, eating has been fine, no snacking but drinking lots of water. Thankfully we had planned a day of rest from walking because it has been raining a lot here today.

Forgot to also mention that I love the BL clippie!!

Nice to see so many psotive attitudes.
I was planning to do WiiFit last night, but husband had TV when I was ready to exercise, so I rode the exercise bike instead.
The Wii can be so rude, but I find it amusing. It gives me heck for not using it enough, and will usually tell me I'm unbalanced and ask if I have trouble walking :lmao:

Locker room discussion this morning at the gym. Someone suggested that the participants must get paid while being there or how would the husband/wife teams especially be able to make their bills, mortgage payment, etc. does anyone know if they are paid? It makes sense as not a lot of people who would qualify, who would want to, could afford to go without a paycheck for 102 days on the ranch!

I've wondered the same thing, but perhaps they figure it is worth it to give it a try. They must get something for being on the show, and it seems like most of them end up doing promotions and ads for various things, so even if they aren't paid directly, they must end up with something.

:thumbsup2
my calorie range is 1,050. yikes! not much. i have been going for 1,200. i can post the chart if anyone is interested

here's to a fantastic successful day!! :thumbsup2

Please post the chart. I too am trying for 1200 cal. per day.

Glad to hear there's a lot of losing activity going on! :thumbsup2 I am NOT exercising tonight but I did make sure I walked around at school a LOT today. First day back and we got a new student - made for a busy day. :) I did good w/my eating today and stayed OUT of the chips when I got home - major accomplishment.

Goldcupmom - weren't you living in St. Louis before or am I confusing you with someone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter