• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Welcome to Disneyland Tour

wishin2go2disney

Earning My Ears
Has anyone been on the Welcome to Disneyland tour lately? Is it worth it for a family of WDW vets but DL newbies? We will have three days in the park and will be there the week of June 10th. We have both AAA and a Disney VISA so we will get a discount. If you've been on it lately, what did your group get to do? Most posts I've found are from over a year ago.

We did it Sunday. We've been to DL before. It would probably be useful for newbies just to get the lay of the land a bit - it covers both DCA and DL. You get a neat lanyard and a couple pins, Fastpasses and dining reservations. I can't say we learned a lot, but those perks were nice.

We did it Sunday. We've been to DL before. It would probably be useful for newbies just to get the lay of the land a bit - it covers both DCA and DL. You get a neat lanyard and a couple pins, Fastpasses and dining reservations. I can't say we learned a lot, but those perks were nice.

Did you get to choose what your fastpasses were for? What rides did you do as part of the tour?

No, we did not get to choose which Fastpasses we got. We got World of Color Fastpasses when we were in DCA, and at the end of the tour we were given passes for Star Tours and Soaring, BUT they were good for any time during the day. We also could have VIP Seating for Aladdin but we didn't want that. The only ride we got to go on during the tour was Pirates, but we got to walk on through the exit.

There was a choice of 3 or 4 places - I only remember Cafe Orleans because that's the one we were interested in - the others may have been in the hotels? You could list a few times, and at the end of the tour they give you a sheet of paper with your dining info and the time of the VIP show.

I would add that in retrospect I probably wouldn't do the tour - we could have better spent that 2 1/2 hours riding things before it got really crowded. And with the $25 pp, we could buy our own lanyards and pins. I just think it's hard to conduct a useful tour in that environment - weaving in and out of people, trying to hear over others, etc. They stopped in 4 or 5 places in each park and said something about it, so it's not very in depth. Our tour guide was nice enough though. I think it's like eating in Blue Bayou - cool to do once maybe, but not worth the price and the food wasn't that great. :cool1:

Just Pirates? The info I've seen says three attractions. That stinks. The FPs have value, but I'm not sure about Aladdin. I need to decide as my 30 day window opens Thursday, I think.

...We will have three days in the park and will be there the week of June 10th.
We took the Welcome to Disneyland tour, even though we are DL veterans. It seemed like a good idea to take this tour, before trying the other tours. Overall it was enjoyably, but we only learned a few minor bits of trivia. The tour includes preferred seating for Aladdin, which is a valuable perk (although we did not use it). The dinner reservation perk seems rather useless, since a guest organized enough to reserve this tour could also make dinner reservations well in advance.

We did it Sunday.
We were on the same tour :goodvibes

We also took the Cultivating the Magic tour on Monday. This tour is limited to DL and includes rides on Jungle Cruise and Storybook, with the tour guide describing the plants.

No, we did not get to choose which Fastpasses we got. We got World of Color Fastpasses when we were in DCA, and at the end of the tour we were given passes for Star Tours and Soaring, BUT they were good for any time during the day. We also could have VIP Seating for Aladdin but we didn't want that. The only ride we got to go on during the tour was Pirates, but we got to walk on through the exit.

For others who have taken the tour, are these the usual FPs given -World of Color, StarTours and Soarin?

Thanks for starting this thread. I was thinking about doing this tour and the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour on our trip. We are WDW vets and first timer's to DL. We will be at the parks Fri. afternoon-Tues. and I was trying to figure out what days would be best to do the tours since we will have MM and be there on the weekend (end of July) and in the summer.

For others who have taken the tour, are these the usual FPs given -World of Color, StarTours and Soarin?

That's my question too. We're looking at doing this tour on our upcoming trip and if we get WoC fastpasses then we won't bother doing the picnic lunch.

How funny, Nonsuch! We were the mom and dad and two kids!

We liked Justin, but overall I think we could have better spent our time and dollars.

Considering this tour. We are all WDW vets. I haven't been to DL for 30 years. DH & DS have never been.

Just a bump in case someone can provide an answer about what FPs are usually given out during this tour - THANKS!

CrabbyPatty said:
Just a bump in case someone can provide an answer about what FPs are usually given out during this tour - THANKS!

We did the tour last month and the first review is exactly what happend with us but we also did the Muppet show as a group it was fun...wear your walking shoes !! We got a lanyard with welcome to Disneyland on it and pins...they offered us he Aladdin sitting and priority seating reservations we already had this arranged before we got there do we didn't use this device. walked onto pirates back enrance my 2 yo first ride ever ! we are dvc members and paid 20 pp. fp were what was mentioned above. Was it worth it ? Its up to you but for us it was ok a good intro...not the coolest thing ever but we had a four day pass and had a little more time. If it was just a day that we had there not with it...i guys it depends how busy it is too it wasn't yo busy there and we probably could have done more rides but like i said its you're priority !

EagleFlyer said:
That's my question too. We're looking at doing this tour on our upcoming trip and if we get WoC fastpasses then we won't bother doing the picnic lunch.

You can get woc.fp as soon as you get in the park they don't hold up your other ride fp options and its free

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter