Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Don't beat yourself up. We are all human and have weaknesses! It's a new day and you have a chance at a fresh start. You can do it!!

For me, we just got back from a week @ WDW in Thurs. We were there for an entire week and had the QS dining plan. I have myself permission to not count points and eat whatever I wanted. I have only done that on four other days since Jan 2012, so it's not a common thing for me. (My brother's wedding day, my BIL's wedding day, last Thanksgiving, and last Christmas.) I knew we were walking a lot but expected to gain some weight. There's so much food! And of course all those desserts and snacks are pretty carby and not exactly WW friendly. ;) I'll weigh in this morning and I'm expecting to be up but I know I'll get it back off again, hopefully before Thanksgiving!
Thanks! I am past being mad at myself and moving forward :)
Good luck at weigh-in. I was pleasantly surprised at weigh-in after my Disney trip this summer. I hope you are too!

Thanks! I am past being mad at myself and moving forward :) Good luck at weigh-in. I was pleasantly surprised at weigh-in after my Disney trip this summer. I hope you are too!

Got back a bit ago and not too bad! I was up a couple pounds but still under my official goal. Yay! I'll be working on getting back down a few pounds to where in more comfortable, scale number wise.

I have had a very bad few days. My great weakness is candy and I caved on Halloween. Two days in a row I ate several fun size candies and went way over my points. Finally last night I got my husband to hide the candy and told my kids when they want their candy they have to get it from Dad. I am ready to get back on track today.
Where is that embarrassed emoticon?

Don't be embarrassed! Was the candy good?

My strategy for Halloween is to know the points of the candies I'll eat and keep absolute track of what I eat.

And this year I discovered that eating a serving of assorted miniatures doesn't feel as good as it used to. Wish I'd spread them out over an hour or so.

I have been slacking for -- oh I don't even know how long anymore. Just that I'm not tracking like I need to, I'm definitely not eating as well as I need to and as a result, the scale is not moving in the downward direction enough! I'm stuck at 16.2lbs lost and while that's good, I know that if I was being more disciplined I would be much farther along towards my goal.

I've realized I need to make a DAILY committment to eating well, tracking what I'm eating and holding myself accountable for what I'm eating. When I do that, I'm successful.

I've been debating on spending the money for an ActiveLink from the beginning and I think I'm going to get one this week at our meeting. I think that it will be motivation to move more and that is something I have to really work on. I have a desk job and don't move nearly enough.

I've been debating on spending the money for an ActiveLink from the beginning and I think I'm going to get one this week at our meeting. I think that it will be motivation to move more and that is something I have to really work on. I have a desk job and don't move nearly enough.

AL works exactly that way for many people at my meeting! I hope it works for you, too! :)

As soon as you get it, label it with your name and phone number. Get some sort of lanyard or something for it. Most people in my meeting are on their second AL because it gets lost easily. And there's no discount for rebuying it. DH has a little springy lanyard clip thing that he uses to keep it in his pocket. Most women in my meeting put it in their bras, but even that way it can be lost.

Affirming, with affection, what you said in your post.....

Making better decisions MOST days is still awesome, and probably better than you were doing before, right? Woo! But yes, making better decisions on all days does tend to bring better results. On the WW message boards I've seen this phrase: if you kind of do the plan, WW kind of works. :goodvibes

Don't be embarrassed! Was the candy good?

My strategy for Halloween is to know the points of the candies I'll eat and keep absolute track of what I eat.

And this year I discovered that eating a serving of assorted miniatures doesn't feel as good as it used to. Wish I'd spread them out over an hour or so.
yes! It was great and it would have been worth it if I ate half as much. I just went overboard.
Unlike you, I did not have a strategy. Like they say 'when you fail to plan, you plan to fail.'

rlbklein: glad you didn't do too much damage at Disney :)

eh24fan: sorry you are stuck- it's frustrating.

Note that I just need to KNOW. I still might eat a lot. I just know what I'm doing to myself while I'm doing it, LOL.

It's to the point where I won't eat the random candy brought home from the kid's trickortreating. We buy our own bags so we have our own nutrition labels. We know from the kidlet's food issues that ingredients can be different between the kitkat minis to the kitkat snack size. If ingredients can be different, then NI can be different between what appear to be the same thing. So I only eat what we buy. Which is probably going overboard but if I'm going to overeat I want to know the NI for it. :)

The other night I had tracked for 6 miniatures (I do not consider this to be overeating halloween candy, it's just an example) and realized when I counted wrappers in the morning (keeping my day's wrappers in a specific cup that I empty the next day) that I had only had 5. That will not do. So I ate another. ;) I track what I eat and I'm going to eat what I track! :p

And this is why I love this group!! Bumbershoot, you always know exactly what to say :) And I love your outlook on all of the weight loss stuff. I can't get behind the fanatics that are all or nothing. I'm not an all or nothing kinda girl. LOL I'm determined to do the best I can but with the idea that my best one day is not necessarily my best the next day because that's just life. I'm eating WAY better than I was before WW and I'm much more aware of the nutritional info of what I'm eating.

While I'm feeling somewhat stuck, I'm not letting myself feel that I'm STUCK. The only reason the scale isn't moving the way I want is because of my decisions and I'm well aware of it.

I've decided I need to give myself a visual goal to look at so I have a dress that I bought for a wedding last summer that I didn't wear. I liked it in the store, got it home and realized I wasn't going to wear it because I didn't really like the way it looked. I want to wear it to dinner one night on our cruise and to love the way it looks.

YES!! Finally!!! I was down 2lbs last night! I've finally had a REAL loss that was below my last real loss. LOL I've officially lost 17lbs and I'm down .6 from the previous lowest. I'm thrilled. :) I'm inching toward my 10% -- only 7.6lbs to go! And I'm nearly to my 1st personal goal of being where I was when I got pregnant with my 6 1/2 year old...8lbs to hit that one.

Also, I bought my ActiveLink last night and got it all set up, so my assessment week started today. I'm hoping this thing motivates me to move more and move that scale even more!!!

Yay for losses!!!

Today was my first weighin at goal as a Lifetime member. Got my key doohickey and my e tools voucher and 3 hugs from my leader. :)

Wild!

I'm happy to say after two weeks of small gains (0.2 and 0.4), I was down 0.8 this week and I'm sitting at my official lowest weight since high school! I wasn't terrible last week, but I definitely wasn't good either but I ran some hard miles (including a race) so I know that helped a lot.

I have one more day of the assessment period on my ActiveLink and I'm so anxious to see what it says!!! Tonight is weigh in --- I'm also anxious to see how things go. I am not looking for a big loss, but I'm hoping for something here. I am 8lbs away from MY first personal goal and I'm dying to get there soon.

Assessment period over, so now I can really use this active link thing! And down .6 last night - better than nothing!,,

minus 1.0lbs :)

I switched to etools this month and I am doing okay. I don't really miss the meetings (yet) but I do miss the official weigh-ins. When I had a meeting scheduled I would be really good for two days prior. I don't really have that anymore. Even though I weigh-in at home, it just isn't the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter