Week of Thanksgiving or week after Christmas 2024?

MFG

Earning My Ears
Why yes we do plan early and often!

We have a Thanksgiving week booked this year (always travel for athanksgiving, it’s a family tradition) and thought we’d mix it up next year and try the week after Christmas. Looking at party dates though, seems the christmas party would not be running during that week. Also, though I know both weeks are bananas it seems like Thanksgiving week might be less bananas prior to the holiday vs. the last week of the year when everyone is out.
What would you do? Get some early holiday cheer in November or after Christmas? Done both? Pros cons of each? Love the tips!!!

Why yes we do plan early and often!

We have a Thanksgiving week booked this year (always travel for athanksgiving, it’s a family tradition) and thought we’d mix it up next year and try the week after Christmas. Looking at party dates though, seems the christmas party would not be running during that week. Also, though I know both weeks are bananas it seems like Thanksgiving week might be less bananas prior to the holiday vs. the last week of the year when everyone is out.
What would you do? Get some early holiday cheer in November or after Christmas? Done both? Pros cons of each? Love the tips!!!
Well I used to be very strongly for thanksgiving since it's when they turned on the Osbourne Christmas lights. So it was like you got the best of both worlds! Now that they have retired them 😭 I think the week after Christmas is more appealing since it still has the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays and you can watch the fireworks from Magic Kingdom on NYE.

But if you're most concerned with crowds Thanksgiving is still probably best! Plus it's a tradition and there's something to be said for those:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter