Week before Christmas

pamgibb

Earning My Ears
Hello, we are booked at Saratoga Dec. 17 -24, with park days being 2 MK, 2HS, one at AK and EP. We have younger kids (6,7and 9) so not planning on extra evening hours or the After Hours party. I am agonizing over deciding which parks to go each day! At this point it looks like this:
Sat Dec 18 - AK
Sun Dec 19 - EP
Mon Dec 20 - HS
Tues Dec 21 - MK
Wed Dec 22 - HS
Thur Dec 23 - MK
I am thinking maybe Thur will be crazy busy, and I should move MK to Sun? So hard to plan when things are so up in the air. Trying to find less crowded MK days as a priority, and TP indicates Sunday as the least crowded day. What would you do? Thank you!

Not trying to be a downer but I believe you have chosen a busy week as many schools will already be on their Christmas vacation. Our area starts Dec 17th this year due to Christmas day falling on a Saturday.

Looking at Touring Plans, MK is shown as a 10 all days except the Sunday so you may wish to go there Sun, Dec 19th.

We will be there the same days as you and here is what we have picked for our park days.
Sun. Dec. 19 Epcot
Mon. Dec. 20 MK
Tues. Dec. 21 DHS
Wed. Dec. 22 AK
Thurs. Dec. 23 MK

We chose MK for Monday and Thursday hoping they won't coinside with the After Hours party. We are doing Thursday at MK because it is our last day at Disney before moving to Universal for Christmas. There will be crowds no matter which parks you go to because lets face it - its Christmas week. We have been to Disney several times and made a list of our absolutely must dos so we will try to hit those things and anything else will be an added bonus! We are not going into it expecting to have low crowds and do it all. We are just excited to get to experience Disney at Christmastime!

Just thought I'd bump since we are going similar dates! 12/21-26. We are coming back in April for a big trip, so we'd like to do one park during our Christmas trip, likely on Wednesday 12/22. I am thinking Epcot but I want to see what the Candlelight Processional packages look like!

Hello, we are booked at Saratoga Dec. 17 -24, with park days being 2 MK, 2HS, one at AK and EP. We have younger kids (6,7and 9) so not planning on extra evening hours or the After Hours party. I am agonizing over deciding which parks to go each day! At this point it looks like this:
Sat Dec 18 - AK
Sun Dec 19 - EP
Mon Dec 20 - HS
Tues Dec 21 - MK
Wed Dec 22 - HS
Thur Dec 23 - MK
I am thinking maybe Thur will be crazy busy, and I should move MK to Sun? So hard to plan when things are so up in the air. Trying to find less crowded MK days as a priority, and TP indicates Sunday as the least crowded day. What would you do? Thank you!
For what it's worth - 2 weeks ago I did a Boo Bash After Hours with 2 children ages 6 and 10. I honestly thought it would be a waste of $, and that they'd be falling asleep by 9PM but I was wrong - they kept going strong until the party ended. Rode every ride as a walk on. Longest wait 15 minutes. Very Merriest After Hours might be fun for your kids. However, it's quite expensive. Much more expensive than Boo Bash.

My only other thought is... 2 days at DHS.... 2 days is a lot of time there. My daughter is a CM at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge so we really looked forward to our day there. We rope dropped. The 6 and 10 year olds rode everything at Toy Story Land. We waited in line for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. Group split - half went to a show (with 6 yr old) and half went to ToT (with 10 yr old). We rode Rise, walked around SWGE and went to Oga's. By 1:30pm the kids were asking to go swimming in the hotel pool. The teens/adults in our group were also "done". Just as well, because by afternoon, the park seemed very crowded and lines were terribly long. I can't imagine spending 2 days at DHS, personally. A half day does it for me. Everyone is different though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter