Wedding planning bliss is over.. what's a girl to do?! Plan a trip to WDW!!!

*Meagan*

DIS Veteran
Hi All! Thanks for checking out my pre-trip report!

A little history:
My name is Meagan. I was born and raised in Connecticut and now live in Utah (since 09/08) with my husband whom I had a long distance relationship with for over 3 years. I will always be an east coast girl and I seriously miss good food like pizza, Italian and grinders! And of course my family and friends!

I work as a Radiologic Technologist @ the University of Utah. It is a trauma 1 facility and I do not think I was originally prepared to deal with the things I have seen. But now I love it!

My husband and I were married this past January in Turks and Caicos.
18755_1345101547889_1241780874_3094.jpg

Merlen_093.jpg

So if you ask anyone who has ever known me… I am slightly OCD. I love planning and any sort of detail you could ever imagine… I had been planning my wedding since… birth!

I love Christmas, the fall, scrapbooking, riding my bike, swimming, fireworks, going to the movies, going on vacation and of course DISNEY!
I have been to Disney over 25 times and own DVC @ Saratoga Springs with one of my best friends from home. She was a cast member (through the college program along with a bunch of my other friends) we got a great deal on DVC and could not pass it up! So happened we didn’t.. we have owned since 2005.

SO this is the first time I have ever been to Disney in December! The closest to the Holiday seasons I have ever gone is in January! Oh and this is my first PTR and hopefully to follow will be a TR!
OK so the run down… my husband will not be going on this trip… but 5 of my cousins will be and I’m veryyyy excited! I don’t get to see them much living across the country and all. So my husband wanted me to be able to spend time with them... ok I love him! But I will definitely miss him while I’m gone.

UP NEXT:
Meet the cast!

Me (Meagan):
meaghair1.jpg

My Husband Dallas (who is not coming but I thought I would include him…LOL) seriously love this pic!
40388_1580186384863_1241780874_31504589_7978314_n.jpg

My cousin Ed and his wife Heather:
edhd.jpg

Their 2 girls…

Flannery (13):
flan.jpg

Molly (5):
molls.jpg

Molly has diabetes and has had it since she was 2. I commend Ed and Heather on the amount of work they do in one day to their peanut! My goodness... the calculations alone... wow. Molly was blessed with an insulin pump about 2 years ago and even though it is still a ton of work... it definitely helps.
For all of those who know or care for someone with diabetes… all I can say is YOU ROCK!!!

Ed’s sister Barb (were practically twins in more ways than one):
bab2.jpg

We will be celebrating Barb’s, Flannery’s and Molly’s birthdays while in Disney!!!! YIPPEE!
All of us are extremely close... we have quite a few cousins. Ed’s mom Karen is my mom’s sister... there are 5 sisters and 1 brother. Our entire family gets along so well and we all love to spend time with each other! It is really awesome! Ed, Heather and the girls live in Maine. And Barb lives in Florida.

Our trip will start on Wednesday December 1st… when I fly out of Salt Lake and into West Palm Beach where Barb lives. I’m going to spend some time there and then we are going to drive over to Disney Friday morning. Ed, Heather and the girls will arrive Friday afternoon and we will hit up MVMCP that night... 12/3/2010. I have to leave Disney on the 7th but the rest of them will stay until the 10th. I’m thankful I get to go. So no complaining here!

We are currently booked at SSR for all those nights… but have wait lists at AKL and BLT. Will see, were happy either way. Did I mention... I’m using points for the hotel (obviously...dvc) I’m not charging anyone so in place of this they are buying my park hopper! YIPPEE!

Oh yes and this is the first time ever I will do the Disney dining plan. I have never done this before because we always had cast member or DVC discount for food and such.

OK UP NEXT: dying of boredom with no more wedding plans to plan HA!... Let’s plan a vacation!!!

So after we returned from our wedding, the boredom of having nothing to plan set in. I always have something to plan or do or say or something! My cousins and I had been emailing back and forth and finally my cousin got the go ahead from work… I called the next day and we were booked @ SSR no problem! Only 297 days to go... are ya kidding me?!
Side note: My cousins basically said we are going to leave all the planning up to you! I don’t need to plan much for Disney, I know WDW like the back of my hand. So I had some other plans in mind… stay tuned for those!
So I decided since we would be on the Disney dining plan… I would look into where we wanted to eat and discuss with everyone… Once I was able to make the “ressies” I got online and did and then changed them and then changed them again… I think I’m finally set!
They are as follows:

Saturday 12/4
Kona Café
7:40 am
50's Prime Time Café
12:50 pm
Whispering Canyon Cafe
7:45 pm

Sunday 12/5
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
8:25 am
Biergarten Restaurant
6:20 pm

Monday 12/6
Boma–Flavors of Africa
7:30 pm

Tuesday 12/7
Cape May Café
7:35 am

Wednesday 12/8
1900 Park Fare
7:10 pm

Thursday 12/9
The Crystal Palace
6:20 pm

I am here too!! Wow you are a beautiful couple!!

It's great you are going with family, I am OCD about planning too. Can't wait to read more!

:wave: Hi ya. My hubby worked for Airmed through the U for a few years and just quit last year. Small world.

Disney in December is the best! :cloud9:

I am here too!! Wow you are a beautiful couple!!

It's great you are going with family, I am OCD about planning too. Can't wait to read more!

Thank you!

Im very excited to see every one!

My husband is the exact opposite of OCD.. and he hates planning! LoL. I guess were made for each other.

great wedding photos! how great you own DVC with a friend! i did the college program too, but back in 1996. We just bought at BLT.

here's hoping your waitlist comes through! we are also there at the same time- 12/4-12/11~

can't wait to hear more- you have a lovely family!:thumbsup2

great wedding photos! how great you own DVC with a friend! i did the college program too, but back in 1996. We just bought at BLT.

here's hoping your waitlist comes through! we are also there at the same time- 12/4-12/11~

can't wait to hear more- you have a lovely family!:thumbsup2

Yah all of my friends did the college program between 2003-2007.

I am still kicking myself for not doing it! OY!

Yah we bought together so we could travel with our families together when we got a little older!

Where did you work?

OK sooo being so super excited about the trip! I decided to kill some time I would make the younger girls a surprise disney package!

I sent it this past week and they were sooo excited to receive it!

It included letters from Mickey Mouse. Some fun games for the airplane. Pencils and some other school items. T-shirts for them to wear on the airplane and countdown calenders that just so happen to start today!

Here are some pictures:
006.jpg

008-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015-1.jpg

UP NEXT: what Im planning for while were down there... SURPRISES & BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS!

Subscribed! Can't wait to hear how you put together everything else. I'm going with DBF at the end of December because we each had a family trip this summer, haha!

P.S. Where does everyone get those fabulous count down calendars? I really want to start one!

I got interested in your PTR because I'm in the process of planning a destination wedding myself. Love your wedding pictures!

Thos Disney packages are really cute!!
Can't wait to hear more about those special plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter