Wedding Excitement Just NEED To Share!

Characters at the wedding?

• Total voters

MermaidBride

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!! My name is Alicia, my fiance's name is Cesar. We have been together for 10 years now. He proposed on our 10 year anniversary. We started planning to have our wedding at Disney basically the night he proposed. At first we were going to just go with Memories, but soon after it started becoming a much larger "needed" guest list, :stitch2:, and is now looking to be Wishes with 30 guests. So we were going to go with an August 2017 wedding, but had to push it back to 2018 because I am still in school and will be taking summer course. Soooo, because it is "so far away" no one, not even my fiance wants to talk wedding talk with me. So I am here to ask fellow Disney wedding go-ers/planners/past brides advice and just talk about my ideas.

Right now I am afraid that I will go over my budget, which I know is typical with weddings, but I was curious how realistic is it that a Disney Bride goes over dramatically? Is there special options that raise the price? I would love to know people's suggestions on how to stay on budget with Wishes.

I really want to share my ideas about/towards my wedding and get fed back as well. pooh:

Some of my ideas:

Ceremony: Pavilion (it was sea breeze at first)
Reception: White Hall (was suggested by DFTW person)
Flowers (if I have them): Blue Orchids and white roses
Gown: White
Girls: 3 girls, purple and jade are the colors of their dresses
Colors: Purple and Jade
Guys: I would like them in grey, but my fiance is sort of against it because his friend's wedding had grey suits
Groom: Won't let me know at all his tux, says if he cannot know dress, I cannot know his tux.
Thank you gifts: Kisses in a candy box
Actually if I can find pictures... can I post them?
View attachment 212403 View attachment 212402

Last edited:
Have you listened to the Disney wedding podcast? There's a lot of great ones related to how to have a wishes wedding for the minimum expenditure! :). Basically the first thing I would do is make a priorities list. Decide what you couldn't care less about (for me that was flowers) and what is the most important aspect of your wedding to you (for me that was getting married on castaway cay with a Disney cruise-that was the biggest part of my budget). Tell us some of your ideas!! What locations are you looking at?!

Have you listened to the Disney wedding podcast? There's a lot of great ones related to how to have a wishes wedding for the minimum expenditure! :). Basically the first thing I would do is make a priorities list. Decide what you couldn't care less about (for me that was flowers) and what is the most important aspect of your wedding to you (for me that was getting married on castaway cay with a Disney cruise-that was the biggest part of my budget). Tell us some of your ideas!! What locations are you looking at?!

Thank you, I really do need to prioritize, I wasn't aware I had the option to not use flowers. Most important to me is DEFINITELY pictures. I did not think of the cruise as an option, specifically because I do not want to then spend my honeymoon with everyone from my wedding. Love them, but I would like to get to spend quality time just he and I.

Welcome! And congratulations! I would recommend getting the Passporter Guide to Wedding and Honeymoons, either in a paperback or online from the passporter store. Lurkyloo wrote the book, and it is the encyclopedia for disney weddings! There are several money saving tips in there

:lovestruc

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-30-14-28-47-1[1].png
    Screenshot_2016-12-30-14-28-47-1[1].png
    836.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2016-12-30-14-28-50-1[1].png
    Screenshot_2016-12-30-14-28-50-1[1].png
    711.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Welcome! And congratulations! I would recommend getting the Passporter Guide to Wedding and Honeymoons, either in a paperback or online from the passporter store. Lurkyloo wrote the book, and it is the encyclopedia for disney weddings! There are several money saving tips in there

Thank you very much! I was not aware of this, thank you. I will definitely look into it. Do you know if it is on Amazon?

Thank you, I really do need to prioritize, I wasn't aware I had the option to not use flowers. Most important to me is DEFINITELY pictures. I did not think of the cruise as an option, specifically because I do not want to then spend my honeymoon with everyone from my wedding. Love them, but I would like to get to spend quality time just he and I.

Yes I TOTALLY understand that! We took a separate honeymoon to Disneyland for just that reason!

Thank you very much! I was not aware of this, thank you. I will definitely look into it. Do you know if it is on Amazon?
I don't think it's on amazon (actually I think it is but...) if you buy the eBook from passporter you get free updates every time @lurkyloo updates the book which she does whenever DFTW updates pricing

Yeah, definitely don't buy it from Amazon. They are supposed to be sending out the new print version, but for the past few months they've been sending out really old copies that are several years out of date. :(

Yeah, definitely don't buy it from Amazon. They are supposed to be sending out the new print version, but for the past few months they've been sending out really old copies that are several years out of date. :(
Yah I bought the Ebook, just now, on the passport website while listening to the pod casts. I am now tempted to try the mini wishes. When I speak again to my representative I will definitely ask about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter