• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weather Warning....

Whoo-hoo! It will still be warmer than home! We are supposed to get another 9ish inches of snow Tuesday/Wednesday. As long as I can get to the airport, I will be ok!

Florida, here I come! :cloud9:

It is 44 degrees at 10:38am on Monday 12/6.

They have issued a freeze warning for tonight into tomorrow morning.

Crap.

This means we have to cover the plants.

That's our high for today...I'm coming prepared....we are going to be down in the 20s tonight

I notice that they do not publish windchill factors down here for whatever reason. I'm from WI so I know cold quite well, but when ppl ask why I'm cold in 40 degrees, I ask if they drive THEIR boat in 40 degrees at home?(speaking of the fact that I am out, on a lake, at night, driving a boat 10-15mph into wind that is already blowing)

Remember when the weather gets cool here, it's cuz of a cold front so the wind is out of the north. If you're north right now and it "warmed up" to 40 degrees, it would be air from the south so it feels much warmer. Just my .02 :cool1:

I do see ppl wearing shorts in the park at night and giggle that they are cold. Contrary to popular belief, it is not 80 degrees 24/7/365 in Orlando LOL Weather.com is a great thing

We have an old house that leaks like a sieve. In the winter, we're lucky if it 55-60 in the house. Don't turn the heaters up too high, we'll end up heating the outside. The old house has tall ceilings, tho, so almost all of summer, we just use a fan.

Thanks for the heads up Kevin. Will pack accordingly. There's nothing worse than freezing in the parks.

I'll also assume these low overnight temps do not include any type of wind chill factor so it could feel even colder.

The wind in Epcot is terrible at night, guess we will need to drink more to stay warm. Just saying ;)

It is 44 degrees at 10:38am on Monday 12/6.

They have issued a freeze warning for tonight into tomorrow morning.

Crap.

This means we have to cover the plants.

I didn't cover the plants last year, lost 2 palm trees. We have freeze warnings over here too, guess I should cover the plants that are left.

Great heads- up:thumbsup2

Thanks for the Bahamas outlook, Mike. I think.:sad2:

Now everyone go outside and pass some methane, open any old CFC spray cans, LET'S GET THIS GLOBE WARMED UP before PCC 2.0!! :rolleyes:

Well, I know this morning, when I heard the current weather announced on the radio was 9 degrees, I figured 40 degrees would be positively balmy by comparison. :rotfl2:

I use my iPhone app, too. I am not liking the drop in temps Mike is showing for the Bahamas.

I hope it's not TOO windy in the Bahamas. That might mean a rough ride.

I use www.wesh.com.

It's a local television station that does pretty well.

Actually...the best weather predictor I have found is the weather app that comes with the iphone.

I can load multiple cities and I find it pretty accurate.

I do have that app. Ill check the above referenced site as well. Thank you Kevin YOURE THE MAN!!! Should I still pack my shorts for the parks or is it going to be pant weather. Im in Denver so a little chill is ok.

I can deal with 68 in the day, as long as it's warm enough that when I get out of the hot tub I don't freeze, I'll be fine hehe

or there's the other way...bartender!

What are the best things to do on Castaway Key if the weather isn't warm? I'm glad I didn't have my heart set on being at the beach in Nassau!:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter