We Tried Child Swap but Ended up with the Same Child (March 2016) Updated 9/11 JTT

Oooh! Cruises are the other best vacation -- And that sounds amazing! We have one planned this summer after our DD1's high school graduation. :-)
(And Duran Duran was one of my high school favs. Along with the Pet Shop Boys and the Bangles. 8-) )

Last edited:
Oooh! Cruises are the other best vacation -- And that sounds amazing! We have one planned this summer after our DD1's high school gradation. :-)
(And Duran Duran was one of my high school favs. Along with the Pet Shop Boys and the Bangles. 8-) )

That sounds like a nice graduation present. If you have SiriusXM, you should listen to 1st Wave, channel 33. Brings me back to the good old days:)

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day! We spent our morning having brunch at the Four Seasons. The food was awesome, and there were bottomless mimosas. I think I got my money's worth on the mimosas alone;) There were wonderful salads, charcuterie, cheese, deviled eggs (one of my favorites), shrimp, crab claws, smoked salmon, ceviche, sushi, beef and pork at the carving station, scalloped potatoes, smoked trout, pasta, made-to-order omelettes, bacon, ham, sausage, pastries, fresh-made silver dollar pancakes, Eggs Benedict, french toast with strawberries and creme anglaise, rice pudding, fruit, chocolate cones with strawberry mouse, lemon meringue tarts, macarons, cookies, chocolate mouse, mango pineapple cheesecake, red velvet cake, Italian creme cake, strawberry eclairs, creme brulee, and fresh made ice cream cookie sandwiches. I am very stuffed. Here are some pictures.

DH and DS
DSC_4707_062.JPG

DSC_4709_063.JPG

DSC_4710_064.JPG

Shrimp and Crab ClawsDSC_4712_065.JPG

Sushi
DSC_4715_066.JPG

Desserts
DSC_4716_067.JPG

More Desserts
DSC_4719_068.JPG

Fresh-Made Silver Dollar Pancakes
DSC_4725_069.JPG

Back Patio Overlooking Town Lake in Downtown Austin
DSC_4734_070.JPG

DSC_4736_071.JPG

Um, yum!!! It's 10 a.m. and I'm drooling all over my keyboard. Thanks for that. :rotfl:

I'm joining in! I'm going to go back and read the PTR! My hubby lived in Austin for awhile, was in a band, played SxSW a few times. Also, I recently got a new (to me) car with a 3 month free trial to SiriusXM and already preset channel 33! Dating myself as well...I'm 42 years young, so that music is right up my alley.

Mother's Day Brunch looks so yummy!

Looking forward to more.

I'm joining in! I'm going to go back and read the PTR! My hubby lived in Austin for awhile, was in a band, played SxSW a few times. Also, I recently got a new (to me) car with a 3 month free trial to SiriusXM and already preset channel 33! Dating myself as well...I'm 42 years young, so that music is right up my alley.

Mother's Day Brunch looks so yummy!

Looking forward to more.

Thanks for joining in. I am 43, so about there with you. We have never actually done SXSW. It's kind of expensive now and really crowded. I sometimes like to ride my scooter downtown and people watch during it. However, we have been gone the last two, because Spring Break is always during SXSW. When did your husband live in Austin? It has grown a lot since we moved here. In fact, the population has quadrupled, but we have been here since college.

Thanks for joining in. I am 43, so about there with you. We have never actually done SXSW. It's kind of expensive now and really crowded. I sometimes like to ride my scooter downtown and people watch during it. However, we have been gone the last two, because Spring Break is always during SXSW. When did your husband live in Austin? It has grown a lot since we moved here. In fact, the population has quadrupled, but we have been here since college.
It has probably been 15 years, at least. Or, at least, that's my guess...lol. We met when he moved to GA about 7.5 yrs ago. Been married for (almost) 6 years. :)

Joining in to say....

1) Guess I'm the old hag on this thread at the age of 44, lol. But I also love First Wave!!!! I also really love AltNation so that I can also hear cool new stuff....and The Bridge when I'm having an old-people-kind-of-day ;)
2) Let's get this party started! More trip report, please....sorry for my impatience. We leave Friday for our trip and I'm thirsting for some more trip reports!

Joining in to say....

1) Guess I'm the old hag on this thread at the age of 44, lol. But I also love First Wave!!!! I also really love AltNation so that I can also hear cool new stuff....and The Bridge when I'm having an old-people-kind-of-day ;)
2) Let's get this party started! More trip report, please....sorry for my impatience. We leave Friday for our trip and I'm thirsting for some more trip reports!

Thanks for joining in. I have been updating the Universal report first, since that was the first part of the trip. However, I have been slacking on that too. This weekend was nuts planning for our July trip with FP+ and all the AK stuff. Here's the Uni link if you are interested.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/i-like-forbidden-journey-but-this-is-ridiculous-march-2016.3498076/

Thanks for the link! We haven't been to Universal in a few years, so it will be fun to read what's new.

We'll be in WDW almost this exact time next year, so I'm super interested to see how the crowds were! Also, I've traveled from NYC to ATX during SXSW before as a mother with a nursing infant and NEVER FELT SO UNCOOL IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. It was like a plane full of super cool people..and me, with sweatpants on covered with spit up LOL.

We'll be in WDW almost this exact time next year, so I'm super interested to see how the crowds were! Also, I've traveled from NYC to ATX during SXSW before as a mother with a nursing infant and NEVER FELT SO UNCOOL IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. It was like a plane full of super cool people..and me, with sweatpants on covered with spit up LOL.

It's a great time of year to visit. Hope this helps.

Can't wait to read about your WDW adventures! I was living in Austin but now I'm in Houston and definitely was hooked by the title (and that you live in Austin!).

We actually were in Austin when Obama was and boy was that a mistake! :sad2:

Can't wait to read about your WDW adventures! I was living in Austin but now I'm in Houston and definitely was hooked by the title (and that you live in Austin!).

We actually were in Austin when Obama was and boy was that a mistake! :sad2:

Glad you joined in. It's nice to hear from a fellow Austinite, even if it's an ex-Austinite:) I was thoroughly amazed at how easily we got out of town.

Introduction

This is a trip report for our WDW and Universal trip in March 11-20, 2016. This report will mainly cover WDW, but I will have a link to my Universal report. We did Universal first, so I will write that up first.

Goal:
Universal - 2.5 days staying at Hard Rock Hotel
WDW - 6.5 days staying at Caribbean Beach Resort
Our main goal at WDW was to see as much Star Wars as we could. We had originally planned to go to Star Wars Weekends in June, until that was cancelled. Here's our Pre-trip Report.

Cast:
Me, DH, and DS now 10. This was our 4th trip to WDW as a family and our 2nd to Universal. Below you can see our Xmas card with us in our ugly Xmas Star Wars shirts and our Epcot monorail set.

View attachment 159231

What's Exciting Me Lately:
I have recently started listening to the Podcasts regularly. Today, I started the Connecting with Walt podcast, and I am very excited to hear them. I love the history behind the parks and Walt himself. I have also been obsessively listening to Subsonic Radio, particularly the Main Street and Requests channels. Nothing puts a smile on my face like listening to MK background music.
LOL. Thanks a lot. I almost spewed coffee out of my nose reading your title.

Super late here but joining in now! Love the title and can't wait to read more!!

We were also in Disney at the same time this year... Texas spring break! We live right outside of San Antonio, DH works in Austin, and we ALWAYS fly out of Austin- we find it so much easier (and usually cheaper) than the San Antonio airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter