~We seldom report of having eaten too little~ 06/22 New Pre-Trip Posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is WOW!! The rest of the courses look amazing and the desserts are to die for!!! I am a huge chocolate fan and the Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle looks sinful! :lovestruc

Funny flip flop story! I'm sure your server would most definitely had found flip flops for you if she had heard you :laughing:. I forgot to tell you before, but I adore your necklace - so pretty!

I llloooovvvee your neclace! I've always loved black pearls, especially on a pendant (rather than a string). Your dad has wonderful taste in jewelry!

How did you get a tour of the kitchen? I would have loved that! Last time we ate at the Chef's Table and it was just too much food, but it was really neat to be in the kitchen.

In January I got the Grand Mariner Souffle because they told me that the Chocolate one wasn't very chocolatey. Yours looked pretty darn chocolatey!

Flats are always the way to go! I think flip flops are specifically forbidden on the dress code! :rotfl2:

LOVE your report!
Funny, my name is tinkerbelle_rox324 because tink is my absolute favorite and my birthday is March 25 as well!
Sorry, i just found this awesomely ironic :cool1:

Beautiful review of V&A, would love to try it one day. MY DH is a super picky eater, so I don't think he would like it.

:lmao:flip flops.

I know! We literally laughed for 5 minutes!

All I can say is WOW!! The rest of the courses look amazing and the desserts are to die for!!! I am a huge chocolate fan and the Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle looks sinful! :lovestruc

Funny flip flop story! I'm sure your server would most definitely had found flip flops for you if she had heard you :laughing:. I forgot to tell you before, but I adore your necklace - so pretty!

The Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle is sinful, it's topped with a godiva anglaise sauce and it's light, airy and rich at the same time!

LOL I'm betting that our server would have found me something! My feet literally felt like they were going to fall off at that point. I've since discovered the coolest product ever! They are these little ballet flats that fold into a pouch and fit in your purse!

Thank you :goodvibes I love my necklace too!

I llloooovvvee your neclace! I've always loved black pearls, especially on a pendant (rather than a string). Your dad has wonderful taste in jewelry!

Thanks! I've always wanted a black pearl. In fact, I pick a pearl every time I go to Mitsukoshi in hopes of getting a black one :rotfl: There was definitely no need to pick a pearl this trip ;)

How did you get a tour of the kitchen? I would have loved that! Last time we ate at the Chef's Table and it was just too much food, but it was really neat to be in the kitchen.

In January I got the Grand Mariner Souffle because they told me that the Chocolate one wasn't very chocolatey. Yours looked pretty darn chocolatey!

Flats are always the way to go! I think flip flops are specifically forbidden on the dress code! :rotfl2:

I was talking with our server early in the meal and I asked if Chef Hunnel was in that night, she replied that he was and offered us a kitchen tour later in the meal. However, on my first visit to V&A I simply requested a kitchen tour and they granted the request happily :thumbsup2

Oh it is chocolately all right! LOL

Hehe, yes they are indeed forbidden from the dress code, I didn't want them for inside the restaurant but rather so that I could make it back to my resort. I hobbled out of V&A in my heels and took them off as soon as I got out of the lobby it shares with Citricos.

LOVE your report!
Funny, my name is tinkerbelle_rox324 because tink is my absolute favorite and my birthday is March 25 as well!
Sorry, i just found this awesomely ironic :cool1:

Wow! That is ironic lol. Thanks for reading :)

Beautiful review of V&A, would love to try it one day. MY DH is a super picky eater, so I don't think he would like it.

We always thought that we would be too picky for V&A but in the past 5 years we have really become adventerous eaters. My theory is that even if you dislike something, chances are you are going to like it at V&A if anywhere.

Great reviews.....thanks!!

Thanks for reading!

First off, I have to say I'm sorry for neglecting my updates to this review! I promise there will be several over the next few days.

:worship:

I have some good news! And I also have some bad news....

Let's start with the bad:

My parents have cancelled their September trip to WDW. I was secretly tagging along on this trip as a surprise to my Mom but now, the trip is off.

I have also cancelled my F&W Festival trip this year.

Why the cancellations you ask?

Well....this is where the good news comes in :thumbsup2

*Drumroll*......

We are going to PARIS & LONDON!

Yup, off to Europe we go :goodvibes

The dates are still being finalized but tenatively they are August 15th - 27th!

My trip will also include 1 day at Disneyland Paris :lovestruc

And have no fear, we will be returning to WDW in Dec 2010/Jan 2011 :woohoo:

Just found your thread and need to get caught up! Will have to check out your past ones.

My DBF and I are going to CSR in July! This will be my first real trip! Very excited!!!!!! :cheer2:

The fist page looks so good, cant wait to read more.

Cheers!

PS, go Ontario!

Oh you are going to have so much fun! Disneyland Paris is so amazing, simply because it's in France - you'll have to give us some reviews of your experiences there, as well!

WOW!!! That is absolutely wonderful!! You are going to have so much fun, especially at DLP! And you are going to WDW in December! You are very very lucky!! :banana::banana::banana:

You should definitely do a report about your adventures in Europe! Looking forward to the next update! :thumbsup2

First off, I have to say I'm sorry for neglecting my updates to this review! I promise there will be several over the next few days.

:worship:

I have some good news! And I also have some bad news....

Let's start with the bad:

My parents have cancelled their September trip to WDW. I was secretly tagging along on this trip as a surprise to my Mom but now, the trip is off.

I have also cancelled my F&W Festival trip this year.

Why the cancellations you ask?

Well....this is where the good news comes in :thumbsup2

*Drumroll*......

We are going to PARIS & LONDON!

Yup, off to Europe we go :goodvibes

The dates are still being finalized but tenatively they are August 15th - 27th!

My trip will also include 1 day at Disneyland Paris :lovestruc

And have no fear, we will be returning to WDW in Dec 2010/Jan 2011 :woohoo:

Congrats on your trip to Europe! :cheer2: :woohoo:

London is one of my favourite cities - so much to see and do! And they do have some Disney stores ;)!!

Just one day at DLRP? Do you know where you are going to stay? Any plans made yet? With only one day and that in August you'd better have a well planned itinerary! :lmao:

Let me know if you have any questions on DLRP! I would love to help you plan!! :cloud9:

My future DH and I are going to disney in may for 15 days for our honeymoon. We have alot of ressies that you mentioned in your post including one at the chefs table at V&As. The food looks fantastic, so great to see photos!

Happy belated bday (mine is March26th!) :)

Subbing for sure, keep the great photos and reviews coming!

Just found your thread and need to get caught up! Will have to check out your past ones.

My DBF and I are going to CSR in July! This will be my first real trip! Very excited!!!!!! :cheer2:

The fist page looks so good, cant wait to read more.

Cheers!

PS, go Ontario!

Thanks for reading :thumbsup2 You'll love CSR :goodvibes

Oh you are going to have so much fun! Disneyland Paris is so amazing, simply because it's in France - you'll have to give us some reviews of your experiences there, as well!

We are possibly rethinking Disneyland Paris....it is very expensive for just 1 day...about $500 canadian with transportation, passes & meals.

WOW!!! That is absolutely wonderful!! You are going to have so much fun, especially at DLP! And you are going to WDW in December! You are very very lucky!! :banana::banana::banana:

You should definitely do a report about your adventures in Europe! Looking forward to the next update! :thumbsup2

I will definitely be doing a report of my adventures in Europe and it should be semi-live as my hotel in Paris has free high speed internet.

Congrats on your trip to Europe! :cheer2: :woohoo:

London is one of my favourite cities - so much to see and do! And they do have some Disney stores ;)!!

Just one day at DLRP? Do you know where you are going to stay? Any plans made yet? With only one day and that in August you'd better have a well planned itinerary! :lmao:

Let me know if you have any questions on DLRP! I would love to help you plan!! :cloud9:

Thanks! We've been to Paris once before, 5 years ago.

We've *technically* been in London, but just Heathrow airport so that doesn't count in my book lol.

We are re-thinking DLP. I might save it for my next trip to France because just 1 day, in the middle of the summer...I don't think it will be that enjoyable and plus its very pricey for just 1 day.

We have some plans :goodvibes

We are staying at Hotel le Walt, in the 7 arrondissement. We stayed there in 2005 and loved it! It is a 5 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower and right beside a metro station.

I know my "must do's" in Paris are:

- The Louvre
- Notre Dame
- Going up the Eiffel Tower
- Arc du Triomphe
- Champs Elysees
- Tuileres Gardens
- Luxembourg Gardens
- Musee D'Orsay
- Musee Rodin
- Place de la Trocadero
- Place de la Concorde
- Le Marais
- Versailles
- Chocolates from Jean Paul Hevin
- Macarons from Laudree and Pierre Herme
- Bread from Polaine
- A meal at Les Deux Maggots
- A meal at Cafe de Flore
- A meal at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon

In London:

- Buckingham Palace (as it will be open for summer tours)
- Tower of London
- Westminster Abbey
- Covent Garden
- Trafalgar Square
- Piccadilly Circus
- Oxford St.
- Soho
- Park Lane
- An open bus tour
- Afternoon Tea and The Langham
- Lunch at a Pub
- Dinner at Petrus by Gordon Ramsay

Great reviews, sure you'll love London! (OK I'm biased).

I can't wait to see London! We've only breezed through Heathrow.

My future DH and I are going to disney in may for 15 days for our honeymoon. We have alot of ressies that you mentioned in your post including one at the chefs table at V&As. The food looks fantastic, so great to see photos!

Happy belated bday (mine is March26th!) :)

Subbing for sure, keep the great photos and reviews coming!

Oooo I still want to try the Chef's table at some point. You'll love V&A!

Don't forget to "fly the eye" - try out the London Eye, and PLEASE climb St. Paul's Cathedral (or the Monument) - the view is just stunning! :cloud9: And what about Harrods?

These three just came to mind right after reading, but I guess if I remember more "good ones" I'll let you know! ;)

As hard as it may be but DLRP in August is VERY crowded! And one day is just not enough I guess! So you are doing the right thing saving it for when you have more time!

March 24th

Typically, our first full day at WDW would be spent at the Magic Kingdom, but I wanted to walk down Main St. on my birthday which happened to be the next day.

So, we strayed from tradition and went to Animal Kingdom.

After riding Expedition Everest (where we had 3 people try to cut in front of us in line to "meet up with their party"....our response was simply "I'm sure they will wait for you" :sad2:)

We love having breakfast in the little courtyard in Africa, I think it's called the Tamu Tamu courtyard? Anyways, it is very peaceful and relaxing before a ride of the safari.

Flame Tree BBQ

For lunch, our tradition is Flame Tree BBQ. I know there is much better BBQ in the south but up in Canada we can't get anything that comes close to the smokey and spicy flavors of Flame Tree BBQ.

ry%3D400

DDad and I had the ribs and DMom had the BBQ Chicken Salad.

It was tasty as always and we love the seating area :thumbsup2

Chefs de France

Chefs de France has been a long time favorite of ours. We have a particular love for Paris & french food so we are a touch biased, but the service and the food have always been consistent.

The one area that we have always felt was lacking was the bread. It was overly crusty - to the point of being near brick-like. Any true Parisian would be aghast that those rolls were being passed off as true french bread.

This trip everything changed! Shortly after we were seated and had placed our drink orders....this was delivered....

ry%3D400

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Freshly baked, straight out of the oven, hot, crusty on the outside and gloriously airy inside - BAGUETTE!

Good lord these were good! They aren't quite as good as real Parisian baguette, but they are a heck of an improvement over the former bread incarnations!

I think we polished off 2 easily :rolleyes1

DDad & DMom shared a bowl of French Onion Soup and I ordered one for myself as well.

ry%3D400

It never ceases to amaze me how different French Onion Soup can be based on a few simple substitutions. This one is "light" with a chicken based bouillon, white wine and lightly caramelized onions. It is also very heavy on the bread which has absorbed a lot of the liquid, and heavy on the cheese, never a complaint of mine ;)

This type of French Onion soup is very comforting, and light enough to act as a starter. But an example of how it can differ is when it is made with a beef bouillon, red wine, even some brandy, with deeply caramelized, almost melting onions and crispier bread. It can serve as an entire meal because it is so rich.

DDad had the Duck Two Ways with Haricot Vert and Sweet Potato Puree.

ry%3D400

This is delicious. The duck breast is cooked perfectly and the confit just melts in your mouth. The sweet potato is a great pairing as it cuts through the savory quality of the duck and the haricot vert are amazing! Crispy, garlicy and drenched in butter....as Julia Child would approve of...everything is better with butter!

DMom has the Salmon with Ratatouille.

She thinks this dish is perfect. DMom would eat salmon every day if she could and ever since we saw the movie Ratatouille we have been interested in trying different variations of the dish. In fact, I just found the recipe for the version from the movie :thumbsup2

ry%3D400

I had the Gratin de Macaroni

ry%3D400

As always, this was delicious. It's really just noodles, bechamel sauce & TONS of cheese, what's not to like? :lmao:

We were too full to order dessert, so instead we went outside and indulged in liquid dessert....Champagne for DMom, a Grand Marnier Orange Slushie for DDad and a Grey Goose Lemon Slushie for me :lovestruc

Yum! Your meal at Chefs de France looks so delicious! Maybe I can try and fit it in on our next trip ;)

I'm so glad you are going to do a report when you go to Europe! And I can't believe that you are going to be 5 minutes away from the Eiffel Tower!! That is insane!!

A Change of Plans

Once again, I have good news and bad news....

The bad....

We aren't going to London & Paris......:sad2:......yet! :thumbsup2

Because we are using frequent flyer miles we couldn't get the flights and dates that we wanted. So we've decided to delay the trip by a year to ensure we can fly the way we want to and plan the trip well. Everything was feeling so rushed to throw the trip together in 4 months! :eek: For a die hard planner like me it was just too stressful :sick: :lmao:

So we will be going to Europe in August 2011 :goodvibes

The good....

We are going to WDW in September!! :woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay:

Originally my parents were going in September to celebrate their anniversary "without me." Little did DMom know, but DDad was planning to fly me down all along as a surprise to her! :rotfl:

I was ALSO planning a trip to WDW in October with my BFF Tania :lovestruc We have been to WDW three times together, but the last time was 2006! :scared1:

Anyways, when we delayed Europe, we explained to DMom that I actually was planning to go in Sept and she had an incredibly brilliant suggestion. Combine the two trips! Invite Tania to come in September!

You see, Tania is like family :goodvibes we have known each other for more than 20 years (and we're only 25 lol). So.....Disney in September is back on!!

DATES: September 1st - 11th

RESORT: Coronado Springs, booked using bounceback.

And the most important element....

FOOD!

We decided that we would spend some meals together (DMom, DDad, Tania & I) and some meals apart. Here is what the itinerary looks like so far:

SEPTEMBER 1st (ARRIVAL DAY)
Breakfast = Toronto International Airport (All)
Lunch = Undecided (All)
Dinner = Romano's Macaroni Grill (All)

SEPTEMBER 2nd
Breakfast = Kona Island Coffee (All)
Lunch = Liberty Tree Tavern (All)
Dinner = Chefs de France (All)

SEPTEMBER 3rd
Breakfast = Sunshine Seasons (Meg & Tan)
Lunch = Le Cellier (Meg & Tan) / ESPN Club (DMom & DDad)
Dinner = Kona Cafe (Meg & Tan) / The Wave (DMom & DDad)

SEPTEMBER 4th
Breakfast = Kusafari Cafe (All)
Lunch = Flame Tree BBQ (All)
Dinner = Jiko (Meg & Tan) / Morton's Steakhouse (DMom & DDad)

SEPTEMBER 5th
Breakfast = Starring Rolls (Meg & Tan)
Lunch = Chefs de France (Meg & Tan)
Dinner = Victoria & Albert's (All)

SEPTEMBER 6th
Breakfast = Pepper Market (All)
Lunch = California Pizza Kitchen or Cracker Barrel (All)
Dinner = 50's Primetime Cafe (Meg & Tan)

SEPTEMBER 7th
Lunch = Wolfgang Puck Express (All)
Dinner = California Grill (All)

SEPTEMBER 8th
Breakfast = Sunshine Seasons (All)
Lunch = Cantina de San Angel **hoping it will be open** (All)
Dinner = Ohana (Meg & Tan) / Flying Fish (DMom & DDad)

SEPTEMBER 9th
Lunch = Three Broomsticks (DDad & Meg) / Siesta's (DMom & Tan)
Dinner = Tutto Italia or Via Napoli (Meg & Tan) / Bistro de Paris (DMom & DDad)

SEPTEMBER 10th
Breakfast = Kona Cafe (Meg & Tan)
Lunch = Columbia Harbor House (Meg & Tan)
Dinner = Tokyo Dining (All)

SEPTEMBER 11th
Breakfast = Orlando International Airport

Hi Meg!

What a great change of plans even if you have to postphone Europe! I guess it's not going away in a year - we have been here for a long time! ;)

More exciting news! You will be there the same time as we are! And we actually have reservations at Le Cellier and Jiko the same days you do! :goodvibes
Maybe we run into each other - would be fun!

Greetings from good ol' Europe!
Karin :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter