• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We saw an alligator at CSR!

What time does the bar close? It would be nice to get one of those tasty looking drinks after coming home from the parks! LOL

And um, I'm a northern city kind of gal. Not too keen on the reptiles! LOL Will I spot (or get eaten by) any type of wildlife if I'm walking around at night trying to get pics of the resort? I'm deathly afraid of anything that slivers or anything coming out of the water with teeth!

We've seen the gators on our trips a couple of times...they are usually in the lake when we see them (we've never seen them on the grass). The only thing we see running across the sidewalk are birds, rabbits and those tiny little lizards.

The pool bar closes early. However, the Laguna Bar is open later (at least midnight, I believe), and there is a new lounge inside the main building, The Rix, that has music after 9 p.m.

A guy we met at the resort said he saw an alligator on the beach and when he approached it, it ran away. Same as most wildlife - they are more scared of you than you are of them.

A guy we met at the resort said he saw an alligator on the beach and when he approached it, it ran away. Same as most wildlife - they are more scared of you than you are of them.

It is not possible for ANY reptile to be more afraid of me than I am of it...there is no higher state of fear!:scared: :scared:

We just got home on Sunday from a week at CSR... it was wonderful!

IMG_1079.jpg

We arrived at 3:00pm and the front desk clerk thought he recognized my name...then he remembered that he had read my fax and assigned us a room earlier. He said he always tries to honor requests that come in because the guest has gone to the trouble to put in a fax.

Unfortunately, the room he had assigned to us was given away before we arrived so he took his time and found us another one. We were in room 8604 in Cabanas 8B. Excellent location! The bus stop was steps away, pool a very quick walk and the lobby area just a short walk.

This was our view:
IMG_0358.jpg

Our room wasn't ready so we headed to the main pool for a drink and on the way, we saw a baby alligator by the bridge:

<oops, can't find the picture...will post later>

Our room was ready within a half hour and our luggage arrived about a half hour after that (we used DME).

We went to the hottub almost every night - DH always stayed much later than me. Most nights there was a great mix of people and DH loves to talk so he made lots of friends. Security left them alone and told them they could stay as late as they wanted as long as they didn't get a noise complaint. Taking our drinks to the hottub was not a problem.

IMG_0578.jpg

One word of warning though - DH came home with a wicked chemical burn from being in the hottub too long! This is not a criticism of CSR and their use of chemicals in the tub, it is necessary. But don't stay in the for 4 hours each night...it hurts :scared:

I walked the whole way around the resort one afternoon and took some pics. Here are some of my faves:

Ranchos area (I liked the theming way more than I thought I would)

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

The Casitas area (Casitas 4 and 5 were further away from the pool than I expected)

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

El Centro (main lobby area)

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

The Pepper Market (we ate there once - shared the fajitas. we just asked for an extra tortilla and it was more than enough for two):

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

Around the resort:

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

I love that the coke machines at Disney are themed to the area they are in. Here's the one at our bus stop:

IMG_0839.jpg

We loved the resort and would recommend it. Anyone have any questions?
Very good review! We will be arriving at CSR in about a months time. I'm so looking forward to this trip with every review I read. Thanks!

Thank you for sharing!!!

Great Pics!!

13 days for me...woo hoo!:banana:

You said you were happy with the buses and that DTD was the longest ride. Do you remember appoximately how long it took to get to each park and DTD once you were on the bus leaving CSR?

You said you were happy with the buses and that DTD was the longest ride. Do you remember appoximately how long it took to get to each park and DTD once you were on the bus leaving CSR?

Here is the park estimation (I don't know about Downtown Disney--we drive):

Hollywood Studios - Bus Stop 6 (1st stop) - 6 min ride once leaving resort
AK - Bus Stop 8 (middle) - 6 min ride once leaving resort
MK - Bus Stop 10 (1st) - 10 min ride once leaving resort
Epcot - Bus Stop 7 (2nd) - 7 min ride once leaving resort
BB - Bus Stop 6 (middle) - 3 min ride once leaving resort

The bus service at CSR is very good to/from all the parks. Its about a 15 min ride to DtD.

Great pics-thanks for sharing. I never had any interest in CSR, but I may have to try that the next time we go. It looks like a lovely resort :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter