We saw an alligator at CSR!

Loved the pics!! Don't want to see any gators on our next trip, though. :scared:

Fabulous pictures. My 9 year old was thrilled when he saw them. Now you have set the standard and I'm told we must also see the alligator too !!! Hope we are as lucky to get the upgraded room. How do you find out the fax number to make your request mollygirl?

Fax number for the CSR is: Fax: (407) 939-1001

I always look when Ive gone to CSR and POR but have yet to see one. Aligators are sooo cool. Unfortunately anything man is scared of gets a bad rap. I heard the florida black panther is just about extinct.

We just got home on Sunday from a week at CSR... it was wonderful!

IMG_1079.jpg

We arrived at 3:00pm and the front desk clerk thought he recognized my name...then he remembered that he had read my fax and assigned us a room earlier. He said he always tries to honor requests that come in because the guest has gone to the trouble to put in a fax.

Unfortunately, the room he had assigned to us was given away before we arrived so he took his time and found us another one. We were in room 8604 in Cabanas 8B. Excellent location! The bus stop was steps away, pool a very quick walk and the lobby area just a short walk.

This was our view:
IMG_0358.jpg

Our room wasn't ready so we headed to the main pool for a drink and on the way, we saw a baby alligator by the bridge:

<oops, can't find the picture...will post later>

Our room was ready within a half hour and our luggage arrived about a half hour after that (we used DME).

We went to the hottub almost every night - DH always stayed much later than me. Most nights there was a great mix of people and DH loves to talk so he made lots of friends. Security left them alone and told them they could stay as late as they wanted as long as they didn't get a noise complaint. Taking our drinks to the hottub was not a problem.

IMG_0578.jpg

One word of warning though - DH came home with a wicked chemical burn from being in the hottub too long! This is not a criticism of CSR and their use of chemicals in the tub, it is necessary. But don't stay in the for 4 hours each night...it hurts :scared:

I walked the whole way around the resort one afternoon and took some pics. Here are some of my faves:

Ranchos area (I liked the theming way more than I thought I would)

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

The Casitas area (Casitas 4 and 5 were further away from the pool than I expected)

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

El Centro (main lobby area)

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

The Pepper Market (we ate there once - shared the fajitas. we just asked for an extra tortilla and it was more than enough for two):

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

Around the resort:

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

I love that the coke machines at Disney are themed to the area they are in. Here's the one at our bus stop:

IMG_0839.jpg

We loved the resort and would recommend it. Anyone have any questions?
WOW! What great pictures! I really can't wait to get to CSR!!

Curious...what is that drink???

I don't know the name of it - it's some type of frozen margarita from the pool bar. DH just asked for their specialty drink and that's what he got. They cost $8 or $9 each! But were as yummy as they look :goodvibes

I don't know the name of it - it's some type of frozen margarita from the pool bar. DH just asked for their specialty drink and that's what he got. They cost $8 or $9 each! But were as yummy as they look :goodvibes

Thanks! I'm not much for drinking but that looks real yummy and I'll be sure to ask for it, lol! Thanks!!!

Buzz, calling Buzz. We need you to get specifics on said drink for hauntedmansion0810 and me, please! :thumbsup2
I think that is the frozen rum runner. And see at the bottom of the sign where it says add a splash of rum...watch out!

14lswol.jpg

What time does the bar close? It would be nice to get one of those tasty looking drinks after coming home from the parks! LOL

And um, I'm a northern city kind of gal. Not too keen on the reptiles! LOL Will I spot (or get eaten by) any type of wildlife if I'm walking around at night trying to get pics of the resort? I'm deathly afraid of anything that slivers or anything coming out of the water with teeth!

What time does the bar close? It would be nice to get one of those tasty looking drinks after coming home from the parks! LOL

And um, I'm a northern city kind of gal. Not too keen on the reptiles! LOL Will I spot (or get eaten by) any type of wildlife if I'm walking around at night trying to get pics of the resort? I'm deathly afraid of anything that slivers or anything coming out of the water with teeth!

The gators didn't come to us, my husband found them. The pictures I posted were taken in a pond behind the resort. Not in the main lake area in the middle. I don't think you really have to worry about it.

Which one?

Rix Lounge - 2am
Laguna Bar - not sure, I'll have to check this one out in a week
Siestas - 7pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter