We leave in 9 days and Im extremely ill. Prayers appreciated.

jamimb

DIS Veteran
Almost a year ago I experienced some severe gallbladder pain from a lazy gallbladder. I lost 10 lbs in a month (my weight was then 103) Anyway instead of surgery I opted to quit my job to reduce stress , started an exercise program, and started taking supplements. I have felt better than ever for the past 8 months. No pain or burning whatsoever and I was able to eat anything I wanted. A few days ago the pain and burning came back and much more severe than last time. I have not eaten anything in 4 days. Anyway we are scheduled to leave in 9 days and I guess Im praying for a miracle so we can go. We have had this trip planned for over a year and my kids are so excited! My DH has wanted to go to a Star Wars weekend for years and I really dont want to disappoint him! Im heartbroken right now at the thought of having to disappoint my family but if I dont see some improvement soon we will be forced to reschedule and if we do we will lose free dining. I know that this is not the end of the world but I would really appreciate some prayers!!!!

Almost a year ago I experienced some severe gallbladder pain from a lazy gallbladder. I lost 10 lbs in a month (my weight was then 103) Anyway instead of surgery I opted to quit my job to reduce stress , started an exercise program, and started taking supplements. I have felt better than ever for the past 8 months. No pain or burning whatsoever and I was able to eat anything I wanted. A few days ago the pain and burning came back and much more severe than last time. I have not eaten anything in 4 days. Anyway we are scheduled to leave in 9 days and I guess Im praying for a miracle so we can go. We have had this trip planned for over a year and my kids are so excited! My DH has wanted to go to a Star Wars weekend for years and I really dont want to disappoint him! Im heartbroken right now at the thought of having to disappoint my family but if I dont see some improvement soon we will be forced to reschedule and if we do we will lose free dining. I know that this is not the end of the world but I would really appreciate some prayers!!!!

Praying for a speedy recovery. Any advice from your doctor about the pending vacation?

Oh no! Can you see a doctor this week? Is there another alternative to surgery to make you feel better now? You NEED to eat to keep up your strength. {{hugs}} I hope you feel better soon and can go and enjoy your vacation.

My DR thought I was crazy for not having it removed 8 months ago and says the only thing to do is have the surgery. He also told me that there is only about a 50% chance it will take care of the issue at all because no stones are present. I really just dont understand because up until a few days ago I was feeling great! Better than I have in years and no Im not eating and laying on the couch with an ice pack on my stomach all day. I am barely functioning here! I have pretty much lost all faith in conventional medicine so Im trying some new supplements and asking God to intervene!

Your prayers and kind words have truly meant a lot to me!!!!!

Why have you not had the surgery?

The Dr was frank with me and said I had a 50/50 chance of it taking care of my pain. My fear is that Ill have it removed, it won't ease the pain, and Ill end up with other issuses (like bile reflux) because I dont have a gallbladder. I wanted surgery to be my last option!

I am sure that more than anything - more than going to Disney or Star Wars weekends, etc. - your family wants you to be healthy. And if you push yourself to go while you're not feeling 100%, you and your family won't have as good a time as you normally would. So don't go to any heroic means to go if you don't get real better real quick. Don't feel guilty if the trip is postponed because of your health - you wouldn't hold it against your husband if he got sick and you couldn't go, right? You're stressing yourself out now worrying about this trip...just relax and if you need to reschedule, so be it. There could be much worse reasons for canceling a trip.

Of course you have my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery, but just in case you can't go, it's not the end of the world.

Take care!

I will pray for your gallbladder issues to be resolved in accordance with His will. I would like to tell you that I had my gallbladder removed about 4 years ago and I have never been so happy. Of course, I did have stones (very big ones), but the surgery was so easy and it was less painful than going to the dentist. Just a tip, if you desire, you might be able to get the surgery done now and be ready to go on vacation with your family. 50% odds are good odds in Vegas.

How disappointing! I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I know how much a vacation, whether it's Disney or not, is valued and needed. I am praying for a complete recovery for you. You seem to have a good perspective on the situation and I wish you only the best. Good luck!

you might be able to get the surgery done now and be ready to go on vacation with your family. 50% odds are good odds in Vegas.

I was thinking the same thing.

I had my gall bladder removed 10+ years ago (while I was in my 20s and was otherwise very healthy). The surgery is a surgeon's bread-n-butter. Very common, and can be done out-patient, so no overnight in the hospital.

I'm so sorry! I had mine taken out about 6 years ago. I have had no problems since. I didn't have stones, mine just stopped functioning. The pain went away immediately and I have been able to eat just about everything (unfortunately my weight is proof!). I feel for you, we are leaving on Monday and I would be just devistated if something came up. I know there's always the option of rescheduling but who wants to have to do that! Will be praying that you will get better and will be able to go on your trip and take care of the gallbladder when you get back. Miracles are still happening!

My DR thought I was crazy for not having it removed 8 months ago and says the only thing to do is have the surgery. He also told me that there is only about a 50% chance it will take care of the issue at all because no stones are present. I really just dont understand because up until a few days ago I was feeling great! Better than I have in years and no Im not eating and laying on the couch with an ice pack on my stomach all day. I am barely functioning here! I have pretty much lost all faith in conventional medicine so Im trying some new supplements and asking God to intervene!

Your prayers and kind words have truly meant a lot to me!!!!!

From your comments, I'd say you're a believer. I've shared this story before, but I think it's appropriate to share it here again.

We had been planning a trip with some friends of ours from SC for 2 years. We didn't have much money then so Disney trips were not a normal thing for us. It literally took us 2 years of saving and planning to make it happen. Our first morning there, we woke up to a horrible rainstorm and my DD (then almost 5) burning up with a fever of 102. My wife and I were very upset. My DD calmy said "Jesus can heal me". We acknowledged she was correct and proceeded to pray with her. She asked if she could lead the prayer. When she said Amen, she told DW and I to get our showers so we could go to the parks.

We gave her a dose of Children's Tylenol and did as she instructed. Within 30 minutes, her fever had gone from 102 to normal and never returned. The rain went away as well and never returned.

The Bible tells us to have the faith like a child. I'm praying for you. If your children have great faith, it may sound silly, but I'd get them to pray for you as well. I always get DD to pray for me when I'm sick.

DD is now 10 and still believes strongly in the power of prayer. Her faith was strengthened as was ours.

I had mine out about 4 years ago and it was just fine. In fact I was a bridesmaid at my BFF's wedding just 10 days after the op.I would trust your doctor and go for it when you get back.

I hope your trip is pain free.

From your comments, I'd say you're a believer. I've shared this story before, but I think it's appropriate to share it here again.

We had been planning a trip with some friends of ours from SC for 2 years. We didn't have much money then so Disney trips were not a normal thing for us. It literally took us 2 years of saving and planning to make it happen. Our first morning there, we woke up to a horrible rainstorm and my DD (then almost 5) burning up with a fever of 102. My wife and I were very upset. My DD calmy said "Jesus can heal me". We acknowledged she was correct and proceeded to pray with her. She asked if she could lead the prayer. When she said Amen, she told DW and I to get our showers so we could go to the parks.

We gave her a dose of Children's Tylenol and did as she instructed. Within 30 minutes, her fever had gone from 102 to normal and never returned. The rain went away as well and never returned.

The Bible tells us to have the faith like a child. I'm praying for you. If your children have great faith, it may sound silly, but I'd get them to pray for you as well. I always get DD to pray for me when I'm sick.

DD is now 10 and still believes strongly in the power of prayer. Her faith was strengthened as was ours.

Thank you so much for your post! I cried while reading it and you are absolutely right miracles still happen. I have all but given up hope but my DH is convinced God can still work a miracle! I have seen prayer work miracles in my own life I guess it just seems silly to pray for a vacation but other than that I am in extreme pain and really want it to subside! Anyway thanks for your story and your prayers!

Have you considered the idea that God has already answered your prayers by providing you with a clear diagnosis and a skilled professional that is very practiced in surgically resolving that illness?

I had my gallbladder taken out about 5 years ago and I will say that I had a very easy recovery from the surgery. I was back to work in 2 days and at full potential within the week. The surgery was outpatient. If there was anyway you could have the surgery in the next day or so(the fact that you have not eaten in 4 days would push toward a need for immediate action IMO) then you might be well enough to still take your vacation. You may not be able to ride all the big rides but that is not the biggest part of Disney anyway(again IMO)

Have you considered the idea that God has already answered your prayers by providing you with a clear diagnosis and a skilled professional that is very practiced in surgically resolving that illness?

Diagnosis was not clear. Hida scan showed low functioning gallbladder but i was experiencing severe burning in my stomach and Dr said those symptoms were not typical to gallbladder dysfunction. Thats why he said the surgery may help it or it could do nothing at all. And I am very grateful for all God has done on my behalf. Im just wanting to do what's right for my body! I know several people who have experienced bile reflux after gallbladder surgery and will have to be on meds for that for the rest of their lives so Im not taking the decision to operate or not lightly! Eight months ago I tried alternatives to surgery and they worked for a while. I have not said I would never have the surgery Im just trying to find a less traditional path to health before I yank something from my body that I need.

Thank you so much for your post! I cried while reading it and you are absolutely right miracles still happen. I have all but given up hope but my DH is convinced God can still work a miracle! I have seen prayer work miracles in my own life I guess it just seems silly to pray for a vacation but other than that I am in extreme pain and really want it to subside! Anyway thanks for your story and your prayers!

It's not silly to ask. Family is extremely important and quality family time is a way to build a strong bond within your family. Children who have parents who spend quality time with them and instill solid morals and values in them are less likely to turn from those morals and values. They have strong bonds with their parents and often think of how their parent's would view their decisions before making them. It's extremely important.

Here's a verse to maybe ease your worry about asking God to heal you for a vacation. It's much more than that, but listen to these words...

Matthew 7:7 (NLT)- "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you."

He is the master physician and can fix ANY situation regardless of how big or small we think it is. We are His divine creation and He loves us and wants us to be happy and blessed. When Mary went to visit Jesus' tomb in the garden after His crucifixion, she naturally found His tomb empty. When she encountered Jesus in the garden, He called Mary by name. We are more than just another face in the crowd. More than a number. He knows us by name.

If He cares that much for us to know the numbers of hairs on our head, surely He can heal His beloved child.

Your in my prayers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter