we had a blast!!!!!!!

airhead

DIS Veteran
First,let me just say,if it wasn't for this website,our trip would have been totally different! Sure,we still would've had fun,but the info gathered from all you guys that post here,
was really helpful. Thanks a bunch!
The trip really starts with planning.Now,I'm not talking minute to minute planning.I can't
function like that.But I am talking about things like,getting to the airport.We arranged transportation to and from Logan Airport and I was so glad we did!!! It was worth every penny.
Boston airport is a total mess and frankly,I
didn't want to start my vacation all stressed.
I also arranged for transportation when we got to orlando,with Tiffany towncar. Another great
idea from this board! Mears shuttle service was included in our trip package,but I decided to listen to the majority here,and booked tiffany
and so glad we did! Within an hour of landing,we were booked into a room(CBR-Jamaica #43,great place!),and at Magic Kingdom!!!!
We stayed here until closing,went back to CBR
and ate dinner at the restaurant there(I think its Captain's Tavern,not sure) We had the pork dish(good!) and the roasted chicken dish(also good).It was a little pricey for what they serve
but tasty. We crashed at 9pm!!!!!
Next morning(early!) we grabbed coffee and a bagel at the food court and we were off to animal kingdom.(we didn't bother with the mugs,and glad we didn't). Go to this park early if you want to see animals!!!! we saw them all and,boy,were they feelin' frisky(if you know what I mean!!!!!)
Make sure you do "Bug's Life" (whatever the name is) Its AWESOME!!!! We did the dino ride which was also GREAT,but I would not take small kids.Its a pretty intense ride.
We ate lunch at the BBQ place.Great food! Walked around,and then off to Epcot!! Buses were great.No problems at all!
We stayed at epcot,there were no crowds except at "test track". We did fast pass and while we waited,we went for coffee(we needed caffeine big time!!!!)and desert(to die for!!!!!)at a place near the water fountain,can't remember the name.
After the ride,we headed over to the countries.
This was fun! We sampled everything. Drank beer from every country( hey now!)Listened to a band
that sounded just like the beatles,watched belly dancers,drank more beer(thank God for all the restrooms.....).We were having so much fun,we didn't want to sit inside a restaurant,so we opted for turkey legs and a cold beer for dinner!
You gotta try the turkey legs!!!
Watched a great parade,and headed back to CBR.We never stayed for fireworks because we heard (from lots of people) that the crowds trying to leave the park were massive. We were too tired to enjoy them anyway.Actually,when we got back to CBR,we
decided to go to the Banana Cabana(little bar by the pool) for a pina colada(sooo goooood!)and we could see the fireworks!! We couldn't hear them but we didn't care.
Sunday,headed off to MGM.This was a fun place,but not my favorite.More for little ones,I think. Lots of characters here.
We left MGM,and headed off to Dixielanding to meet friends. This is also a nice resort. Our friends really liked it.We had a few cold ones
and off we went to Disney marketplace,westside.
We ate at House of Blues.Now,I've read some bad things about this place,I gotta tell ya,we all enjoyed our food and the atmosphere. Did we wait long for our dinner to arrive? Yeah,the service was a little slow,but we were having a good time,
so we didn't care! I guess my suggestion would be ,don't go if you are in a hurry! Oh,yeah,if you do go,they have this blue drink that will blow your socks off! (I wouldn't drink more than one!!!) We walked around,went in the shops(make sure you go into the magnet store!)and then back to CBR. CRASH...Man,were we tired!
Monday,was early entry day at Magic kingdom,we were warned that it would be crowded,it was. But,we didn't care! Go on the Buzz Lightyear ride!
(get fastpass!) we loved it! Before you leave this park,make sure you get a carmel apple! I promise you it will be the best you ever had!!!!!!! I don't remember the name of the shop,but its the big candy store at the entrance
on the right,can't miss it!
That night,we went to Pleasure Island,ate at the
Portabello,its Italian. If your looking for regular ol'pizza and spaghetti/meatballs,don't go here. The food was awesome.You must like to try different things,though. We all loved it!
After dinner (around 10pm) we headed over to some of the clubs,which were way too smokey for me!!!! We opted for the outside live entertainment stage. This was so much fun!!!!!
We stayed here,danced and drank outsde under the stars until about 1am. Headed back to CBR to crash(sooo tired......)
Tuesday,we weren't in a big rush. Got up packed
(going home wednesday)then headed off to DisneyQuest. This was unbelieveable fun!!!!!!
We got there about 11:30am,there was no one there!!! We were amazed at the things there. I would suggest,if you get motion sickness that you avoid the virtual games. After doing Aladdin's Magic Carpet,I knew I was never going to do it again...... This is five floors of fun!!!!!
We stayed until 3pm.(could've stayed longer,but had plans to meet friends at Epcot) We took the monorail over to Epcot(the park was empty!!)Went on more rides then headed over to the countries
(we liked it there!) for a few cold beers,walked around until dinner at Mexico. Now,if you want to go here,I suggest you make ressies in the morning before you leave your hotel. The place was jammed.
The food and atmosphere was great. We WILL go here again! The marguarita's to die for!!! And they're BIG!!!!!!! Food was excellent. Again,if you're in a hurry,you might get aggrevated with the service. But,we we happy to sit and drink
(many)strawberry marguaritas while we waited for dinner.Hey,this is vacation,sit back relax!
After dinner we walked around Epcot. We were ready to say goodbye until next vacation!
So,that's it folks. We did as much as we could in 5 days.Was it relaxing? I don't know if I'd say that. Was it fun? You bet...

airhead

Thanks for the report! We are going to DisneyQuest for the first time and hope we like it. Sounds like fun anyway!! Only 20 more days.....

....a blast,no doubt!!!!!! When you go to disneyQuest,make sure you go early afternoon during the week,everyone else will be in the parks,you'll have the place to yourselves!!

airhead

Great report. Enjoyed all the highlights. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Thanks for posting :) I am glad you wrote about House of Blues too. I am interested in reading all about it. One day I'll get to go there too. :) Sounds like you had a magical trip!

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font> <font color=green>http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>
mickey87.gif
xmas-plu02.gif

...was a great place! Like I said,I read a lot of negative things about this place,but we didn't experience any of that! Music was great too!

airhead

...that if you buy stuff in the parks and don't want to carry it around all day,you can have it sent back to your room at no charge!!! This is a nice little perk,especially if you're like me and HATE to carry anything. It was in our room the next day!! Love that DisneyWorld!!!!!!

airhead

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter