• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We got our magic bands today! Now we have questions…

tracynicole21

Mouseketeer
I've tried to search for the answer and even considered calling Disney and asking but, well, I don't trust the CMs.

When I did online check in, I chose a credit card to link to my magic band for purchases. Since I did that, we have had to use that card for an emergency and no longer have funds on that card. How can I change the credit card that is linked to our magic bands?

Also, we did not purchase a package and have been making payments on our hotel (CSR). I have been told we can pay the remaining balance upon check in. But due to CMs being wrong in the past, I'm not sure if this is correct. Will my card on file automatically be charged for the remaining balance of our room before we get to check in?

So my questions are:
1. how do I change the credit card linked to our MBs?
2. Will the remaining balance of my resort reservation be automatically charged on my card?

Thanks all!

Using the MDE app or the website, go to your Profile > Payment Methods and change the credit card info.

All info is in your MDE account and the MagicBand provides the link to your data in your account.

When I did online check in, I chose a credit card to link to my magic band for purchases. Since I did that, we have had to use that card for an emergency and no longer have funds on that card. How can I change the credit card that is linked to our magic bands?

The above poster said what it is, you can also set your pin code for room purchases in the same place. Also the front desk can help change the card or do a variety of whatever you want options with room folio accounts.

Also, we did not purchase a package .... Will the remaining balance of my resort reservation be automatically charged on my card?

Yes it will charge the card in your MDE account automatically and you'll get a txt with the room number. If you want to pay another way (cash, gift card, multiple credit cards, combo of some/all), call them up to have it not automatically charge you the remainder. You can't adjust that setting on your own but default behavior is yes it will charge that single card before you get a room number and you will not have to stop at the front desk.

For those reading, this is what happens with room only reservations. A package deal with tickets+room you must pay in full in advance. Room only reservations you can only make an advance deposit and must pay the remainder on the day you check in.

Only thing I disagree with is you can choose to prepay for your room only booking. You have to call to make the payments and they always tell you you don't have to pay it but you can.

If you don't want your card charged then you should pay it before you get there because they sure will charge the card on file the morning of your arrival for the balance.

1 - agree with the above just change your default cc'd in MDE - I just had to do this as someone swiped my cc'd number.
2- you can call and apply payments if you wish using another cc'd or mail in a check (they will give you a remittance address). You don't have to however as with room only reservations you pay the deposit at booking and the remainder at check in.

If you don't choose online check in you can check-in person. When doing this the CM always shows me the balance due on the room and asks me how I would like to pay, so if all else fails don't do online check in!

I've actually already completed online check in- we arrive May 22. I would pay the remaining balance in advance, but our wedding is May 21 and we will be using some of the money gifted to us to pay the rest of the resort reservation.

I plan to put all the money in the bank right after the reception on the 21st, so it should be okay even if they take the money out on the morning of the 22nd; my bank has an ATM that deposits cash into your account immediately.

Just FYI, your credit card is not linked to your Magicband. Your Magicband is linked to your room reservation, and the credit card is linked to your room reservation, so whatever cc you have linked to your reservation is the one associate to you magic band.

I've actually already completed online check in- we arrive May 22. I would pay the remaining balance in advance, but our wedding is May 21 and we will be using some of the money gifted to us to pay the rest of the resort reservation.

I plan to put all the money in the bank right after the reception on the 21st, so it should be okay even if they take the money out on the morning of the 22nd; my bank has an ATM that deposits cash into your account immediately.

This should work - if your concerned just go to the desk and "check-in" even though you have already done so online. The CM will check you in and confirm all the information for you.

Congratulations and have a fabulous Honeymoon !

You can "Modify check-in", can't you? I know I see that option on MDE when I go to My reservations. I would believe you can change whatever info your entered there, until your check-in date.

P.S. Congrats on the wedding!

we had to do the exact same thing last year. We had already checked in, but had a car repair that cost close to $1000 that depleted the balance to almost nothing. All you have to do is either call reservations before you arrive and change the credit card on file, or wait until your arrival to change it. They are friendly and this type of thing happens all the time, so they are well versed on how to do it quickly and sometimes with a bit of pixie dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter