• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Finally Saw Disney at Christmas-A Nov 2015 Trip Report

maryclatham

Earning My Ears
We Finally Saw Disney at Christmas!

Hey! This is my very first trip report! I'm always lurking and reading others' trip reports, so I decided to do my own. Partly because I've always wanted to do one, but mainly because I'm missing Disney so much and won't be back til May 2017. This helps me relive a little of the magic anyway!

First I'll start with the cast of characters for this report!
IMG_1_zpshu6rnvjb.jpg

This is me, Mary Catherine!
Times to Disney World: 8
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Ride: Splash Mountain
Character: Ariel

IMG_8278_zpsrxxnim0s.jpg

This is my husband, Bill!
Times to Disney World: 6
Favorite Park: EPCOT
Ride: Splash Mountain
Character: Mickey Mouse

IMG_8389_zpsp2mdohir.jpg

Next is my oldest son, Will(6)!
Times to Disney World: 3
Ride: Big Thunder Mountain
Character: Donald Duck

IMG_8608_zpsjghsgplj.jpg

Last is my youngest, Andrew(9 months)!
Times to Disney World: First Timer!
Ride: It's a Small World
Character: The Beast got the biggest smile out of him! :rotfl2:

We stayed from Saturday, November 21-Wednesday, November 25. It wasn't as long as we like to stay, but it was a last minute kind of thing! We stayed at what is becoming our Disney home, Port Orleans Riverside. This was our second time staying here, and we've already talked about staying there next time we go.

There are the opening details! Now on with the report...

Last edited:
Friday, November 20 - Travel Day!

Since we booked this trip so last minute, we decided to drive this time. Usually we fly a quick hour and a half flight. This time we would be driving 12 hours with a 9 month old! :eek: We originally planned to stop somewhere in Georgia, but the more we talked about it we decided to get as far as we could.

We live in Southaven, Mississippi, which is at the northwest corner of Mississippi. We are right outside of Memphis. We started our morning by taking Andrew to the doctor for his 9 month checkup. No shots this time around! :cheer2: After a quick stop at Chick-fil-a for some breakfast, we were on our way! I decided to give Will a little happy every hour or two on the drive down to keep him occupied in the car. He got to open up gift number 1 as we were pulling out of Southaven!
IMG_7620_zpss7x74twl.jpg

What was it????

IMG_7623_zpsgmtnvw7r.jpg

It was Inside Out! We loved this movie when we saw it in the theater, so I knew it would help keep Will occupied on the trip down!

Too bad Andrew still faces backwards in his car seat. He couldn't see the movie! He kept himself pretty occupied though...
IMG_7635_zpshu0x4v77.jpg

When we got to Tupelo, MS, Will got to open gift number 2 which was...a big book of mazes!

After making it to the Alabama state line we had to stop for a bathroom break and diaper change. We decided to stop at a Cracker Barrel. My mom has always stopped at Cracker Barrels for the bathroom when she's on the road, so I feel safe there! While we were in there we saw some cute baby shoes on sale for $3! I couldn't pass them up, so Andrew got new shoes!

We were now back on the road to Birmingham where Will would open his next gift.

Following along! We were there the same time as you (11/20-11/28). I love reading about others' trips going on while we were there :)

We'll be at WDW this November too so I'm looking forward to reading about your experience. Your boys are adorable!

Travel Day Continued - Friday, November 20

When we left off we had just left Cracker Barrel and were headed down the road to Birmingham, AL! We got there shortly and Will was able to open gift number 3!
IMG_7644_zpshkqoskmw.jpg

It was.....

IMG_7646_zpsx8anfkrb.jpg

The Storybook Game! I had never played this game before, but it was hilarious! On each card is a different object or person. You take turns drawing a card and then making up a part of the story with the object on your card. You have to tell all the previous parts of the story before you add your part. Will was cracking up at the silly stories we came up with! We played several times during the trip and it helped keep us entertained!

We kept on driving because we had a mission to get as close to Disney as we could! We had planned to get to Ocala, FL, which is only an hour and a half away from Disney. Google maps said we would be late getting there, but hopefully we could make it!

Will opened present 4 at the Georgia State Line. It was a Family Feud game! Okay this gift was more for Bill and I. We had fun guessing the answers with Will putting in his guesses too!

We were making great time and having fun.....and then we hit Atlanta. I planned it out so we would hit Atlanta around 2 or 3. I figured it wouldn't be so busy then. It didn't matter because it was still busy!! Sitting still in traffic is one of my biggest pet peeves! I was ready for Disney and people kept getting in wrecks and slowing things down! :mad:

Will did get to open present number 5 while we were sitting in traffic though. He got a mini lego set I found at Five Below for $4! He had fun putting it together while we were still.

Finally after an hour :mad::mad::mad: we were through Atlanta and moving at a normal speed. We stopped in Macon for some lunch at another Chick-fil-a. Our family loves Chick-fil-a just a little! :blush::blush::blush: Will got to open present number 6 here too. It was a sticker book with different scenes to add them to!

Back on the road! Will and Andrew both ended up falling asleep for a couple hours so gift number 7 got skipped! We got to Valdosta, Georgia around 8 and stopped at a Burger King for some dinner. Will woke up and got to open gifts 7 and 8! He got a travel Guess Who game and some Star Wars stickers to color.

At this point it was hard for him to do much of anything because it was dark outside. He ended up just watching Star Wars instead. We finally made it to Florida! Disney was close!!!! :jumping1:

We were in Lake City, Florida which was where Will got to open gift number 9!
IMG_7671_zpsupfsjk2t.jpg

Which was....

IMG_7672_zpsspqoasid.jpg

More silly stickers to make pictures with! As you can tell, Will was tired of the car and ready to get out! Andrew was ready to stretch his legs too! He is a moving crawling machine and he was ready to be out. I don't blame them! I was ready too!

Around 10:30, we made it to Ocala! We checked into a Holiday Inn and Will got to open gift number 10, which was a Star Wars coloring book! We were so happy to be in a bed!
IMG_7678_zpstmi3of7a.jpg

Even though it was Thanksgiving, Andrew was still wearing Halloween PJs! We get as much wear out of them as we can! :rotfl2:
It was time to say goodnight because we had exciting plans the next day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter