We finally let the cat out of the bag :)

aja319se

Mouseketeer
We finally told the kids about our trip in October! It was so much fun, we had them do a scavenger hunt through out the house that led them to the garage. In the garage we had a tote that said open me, when they opened it balloons came out and they saw the sign. I'll try to upload the video soon!

Nala008.jpg

Nala007.jpg

Nala006.jpg

I love the signs! I know they were excited! Now, the WAIT begins.........At least you are making it fun with the countdown calendar.

I love it! I want to do a box or suitcase with balloons coming out when we break the news to DDs too.

Do you mind sharing your scavenger hunt clues? My kids would love something like that since oldest can now read.

Thanks my brother was a huge help in setting up the signs.
Only 59 more days! WOO HOO :banana::banana:

Too cute! We are going on a surprise trip to WDW in October with our DD(8). Planning to keep it a secret until we actually leave that morning or the night before. I am going to have to figure out an exciting way to let her know what we are doing. I really like the suitcase and balloon idea!!!

The clues weren't hard at all, kind of boring to be honest. We made sure they ran up and down the stairs though :rotfl2::rotfl2:
They were along these lines.
1. This is where you clean your body
2. You'll find this clue where your favorite school snacks are
3. This is where the lawn mower lives (which led them to the garage)

I almost used a great poem I have seen on the boards before, I'll post it below. But my son would have caught on too quickly!

This was posted by overthemoon4mickey

It all started back in July
A secret we’ve been planning…Just your Dad and I.

So we hatched a little plan, a surprise for you two.
Keeping the secret was tough…like holding your breath ‘til you turn blue.

We leave in two weeks for 10 days of cool!
Sorry to tell you… You’ll miss a little school!

I wonder if you can guess just where we will go.

Here is one tiny hint…

It’s

In…

Orlando!

I love it! I want to do a box or suitcase with balloons coming out when we break the news to DDs too.

Do you mind sharing your scavenger hunt clues? My kids would love something like that since oldest can now read.

Here are our clues - DD is 4 and cannot read so I kept it short. She will have to bring them to me to read.

The last clue will take her to our living room and on the couch will be a stuffed Minnie doll and her suitcase, I think she will figure it out - LOL!!

Mom and Dad have a big surprise!!
It will happen tomorrow, when you rise!!
Around the house there are clues,
The first you will find in your shoes!!

Good Job! You found clue number one!!
I hope you are having a lot of fun!!
Hurry up or your next clue will get wet!!
To the tub in the bathroom – go fast like a jet!!

Congrats you are doing a really good job!!
I hope your clue did not get wet in the tub!!
Clue number three should not be hard,
Check where we keep the cheese, milk and lard.

Beside the milk you found your clue!!
I never knew what a great job you would do!!
In your room you will find clue number four,
You had better check behind the door!!

You are on your last clue, are you having fun?
One more clue and then you are done!!
The clue is on the couch in the house,
Be careful, and watch out for the mouse!!

Those are really neat ideas! We too are surprising our kids, but a little different and perhaps mean..not sure! haha We are going with good friends of our as well, so we want to be able to tell all the kids at the same time so we can see their faces. We decided that we would tell them we are going to visit my mom (she lives 30 min. from Disney World) and they won't suspect anything. Well then we are going to hit up a rest stop and us moms are going to take the kids to the bathroom and the dads are going to get the boxes for the kids. Each kid will have their own box to open. When they open the Mickey Ear balloons will pop out just like in the commercials...and there will be a note tied on the bottom saying something along the lines of We are going to Disney. They will have treats, tshirts and fun stuff to do for the last 20 min. till we get to Disney. This is their first trip (all of ours actually) so we want it to be really fun and a surprise. We have kept it quiet since December hopefully we can be quiet and sneaky a little longer! :cheer2:

Oh, what fun! I may start a countdown, calendar, myself! (And it's just me and hubby going!)

That is so cool. Our kids are too little to let them know last minute, but I like the way you announced it to them and then are doing a countdown.

I had wanted to keep our October trip a secret after I got back from my birthday WDW trip in March with my BFF but when the kids found out that not only had I spent time with "Auntie BFF" but went to WDW without them as well, you could taste the anger and bitterness in the air.

Finally, my BFF couldn't take it anymore (she has no kids of her own and had been in the delivery room with me for DD #1) and she broke down to tell them about the trip we had planned for all of us. The kids said "Auntie BFF - you're wonderful!!!princess: We knew YOU wouldn't forget about us...not like HER!!!"

So I am still the Evil Mommy who left the little Cinder-children behind but the good Fairy BFF waived her magic wand and opened up the Evil Mommy's wallet to let the Disney tickets out...:rotfl2:

It doesn't matter that Grandfather (the source of all things good and wonderful) brought the ungrateful children to WDW last year and left poor Cinder-Mommy at home to work and slave..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter