• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

We don't BOTH have to use a CS credit at a meal, right?

MommytoaSweetie

DIS Veteran
I'm sure I didn't phrase that correctly... I'm wondering if our family (me, DH, and DD(1)) can go to a counter service restaurant, order a CS-credit-approved meal, and an extra sandwich or a kid's meal or something, but then just use ONE of our CS-credits to pay for that part of the meal (and the rest OOP). I was hoping to do this when we're not quite as hungry for a meal so we could save a CS-credit for another time (doing the same thing) and ensure we don't waste food. Is that an option?

There is no problem ordering a meal exactly the way you want to.

I wouldn't even pay OOP for anything. Share the one meal and see if you're hungry. Maybe use a snack credit if you are. The last time I was on the DDP, we started off trying to conserve credits and ended up with extras left over. I think it's better to start off using them carefully and supplementing with OOP expenses at the end if you do use all the credits.

I wouldn't even pay OOP for anything. Share the one meal and see if you're hungry. Maybe use a snack credit if you are. The last time I was on the DDP, we started off trying to conserve credits and ended up with extras left over. I think it's better to start off using them carefully and supplementing with OOP expenses at the end if you do use all the credits.

Yes - defintiely use up your snack credits ( I think at some places you could use these for an extra sandwich) first. DH and I knew better and still ended up with 5 CS and 10 of our 12 snack credits on the last day of our trip - I have no idea how! We had planned to save the snack credits as our last day was a full day at food and wine, but with the CS to use too, we had trouble. Don't worry as much about getting all your money's worth as using them all before you pay oop.

I completely agree. We were being really conservative with our snack credits on our last trip with the DDP also and ended up with like 6 extra on the last day. I bought a bunch of boxed/wrapped things for the ride home. I wish I had used them throughout the trip. My plan this time is to just use them from the beginning.

I completely agree. We were being really conservative with our snack credits on our last trip with the DDP also and ended up with like 6 extra on the last day. I bought a bunch of boxed/wrapped things for the ride home. I wish I had used them throughout the trip. My plan this time is to just use them from the beginning.

Good tip..

OT..I just looked at your ticker..and we have the SAME thing..2, 2, and 2

Where are you staying?

That is a good point! We're only there 4 nights, but that means 8 total snack credits, right (one for each of us per day)? I was thinking it was 4 - we will need to be sure we use those!

I agree with all the earlier posts. We had always ended up with extra CS credits and snack credits. We frequently will share meals or let the kids share meals. One trip we tried to really "plan" the counter service meals and paid out of pocket because we were there for 10 days but only 8 nights so we thought we'd need to conserve. We still ended up with extras!

There is a great post someplace on here that talks about the best value for c/s meals. For example at Cosmic Rays they have a plate that has 1/2 a chicken AND ribs and 2 sides a drink and dessert all as one counter service. My husband, daughter and I frequently share that meal and my son gets a kids meal.

Have a great trip!

There is a great post someplace on here that talks about the best value for c/s meals. For example at Cosmic Rays they have a plate that has 1/2 a chicken AND ribs and 2 sides a drink and dessert all as one counter service. My husband, daughter and I frequently share that meal and my son gets a kids meal.

Wow, that is a lot of food!! Do you happen to know where that post is? I would love to read it!

Left over SC's are you ppl MAD:rotfl2: :rotfl2: With all those Cinnamon rolls at MK, funnel cakes, and Whipped Dole edit (I have not tried one but i am planning on it in 8 days when I envade and take over Disney:banana: :banana:) I could never leave with extra Cs's. So what if I have to run an extra 2 miles aday after this trip! Just the thought of leaving with extra CS's :scared1: :scared1: And as I tell my kids when you grow up, you can have desert first the diner.:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

The platters at Tangierine Cafe are more than enough for two as well. If you like that type of food. I also use the menus on allearsnet.com to find the less-typical food items (non-burgers and pizza) and carry a cheat sheet of options to look at come meal time. The Pecos Bill's burgers at the MK are the only ones I will eat at WDW. Never had pizza. Love Sunshine Seasons for quality and variety.

The platters at Tangierine Cafe are more than enough for two as well. If you like that type of food. I also use the menus on allearsnet.com to find the less-typical food items (non-burgers and pizza) and carry a cheat sheet of options to look at come meal time. The Pecos Bill's burgers at the MK are the only ones I will eat at WDW. Never had pizza. Love Sunshine Seasons for quality and variety.

Thanks for that info! I just wrote down Tangierine Cafe on my list of good food options. :) I'm writing down exactly what you said - things that aren't just burgers (we do like Toy Story Pizza, but it's mostly because we've been there each visit that it's been there), and then I figure that if we actually ARE in the mood for a burger, there are plenty around to find. Are the burgers at Pecos Bill's different than others?

My mom and I regularly share 1 cs credit between the two of us. A lot of the resort counter service places offer large meals as well that are easy to split.

Sunshine Seasons at the land offers "real food" and great desserts - use 1 cs credit and then 1 snack credit for a second dessert - love the strawberry shortcake and the orange creme brulee.

We took a spur of the moment trip last month and my adult daughter and I shared almost all of our counter service meals. A lot of them were very generous in size!

I'm thinking there might be a few lunch CS df and i can share and use the other cs for breakfast if needed. Anyone know of a pretty good size cs breakfast?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter