We ate and ate and ate and a week later I'm still full...

jeminni

It's 5 o'clock somewhere
It's absolutely amazing the amount of food you get with the DDP. It's been almost a week and I still feel full everytime I think about it ;)

Cast:
Me : Disney mom ,needing a break from working 2 jobs and just wanting to relax ( like I know how ;P)
DS 21 home from college and starving since he had to cook for himself the whole year
DD 18 same as DS

6-3
Checked into POP around 11 am, slight problem during check-in , our park hoppers had magically disappered :confused3 3 managers and 2 phone calls later all had been straightened out and we were ready to go...who says doing customer service at a newspaper on the weekends doesnt give you the patience to get problems resolved ;)
anyways off to the dining...

Lunch POP
after getting settled in our room we decided just to eat at the resort before heading to the park
2 bacon double cheeseburger platters
1 shrimp lo-mein
2 dirt desserts
1 fresh fruit bowl
2 cokes
1 bottled water
No charge
everything was freshly made and good for counter service. I asked for extra shrimp with the lo-mein and was given it free of charge. We were hungry and it was good
3 CS credits

Dinner Hollywood& Vine
Reservation was for 7:30 was almost 8 when we were finally seated. Buffet was somewhat deleted since they were done seating at 8.
Some of the selections:
Endive salad with goat cheese and grape tomatoes ( very good)
Caesar salad ( very bland)
peel 'n' eat shrimp
walnut crusted salmon
chicken kabobs
pot roast
seafood pasta alfredo
roasted vegetables
grilled flank steak
childrens offerings
dessert bar
We all found something we liked, DD and Ds really enjoyed the chicken kabobs. Dessert bar was nice, lots of stuff for make your own sundaes. They have a great chocolate dragon in a display case there, make sure you see it
3 TS credits $5 tip

6-4

Breakfast POP
I had some coupons from when I chaperoned the band trip so I used some of them here
2 french toast platters
1 breakfast platter
French toast comes with a cinammon and a powdered sugar topping unless you request them not to put it on. Everything was nice and fresh
NC

Lunch Sci-fi
I know alot of people dont like it here but this is one of my DD's favorite places so I made the reservation for her.
Make sure you have good glasses or a flashlight, very dark in here and hard to read the menu

onion rings
2 milkshakes
1 lemonade
3 cheeseburgers wih fries
The burgers here are huge and after the onion rings ( which we all 3 shared) we were stuffed
gave all 3 of our desserts away to people in cars around us
Burgers and fries were good
Just so dark in there
3 TS credits $5 tip

Dinner
Magic Kingdom late night dinner was about 20 pm
Pecos Bill
1 double cheeseburger meal ( DS)
2 cheeseburger meals
2 cokes
1 water
3 brownies
Still somewhat full from lunch we gave all 3 brownies away
Topping bar is very nice here, sauted onions and mushrooms for your burgers
3 CS credits

6-5

Since we didnt get in and in bed til after 3 am, we didnt get up for breakfast ;)
Went to Dtd
lunch : wolfgang puck express
2 pepperoni pizzas
1 spicy chicken pizza ( me :))
2 cokes
1 lemonade
3 chocolate chip cookies ( we took these back to our rooms for later)
very tasty
3 CS credits

Dinner LeCellier
This place was packed but we only had to wait around 15 mins for our ADR.
Beef tenderloin Kabob DS- he said it was excellant, he didnt eat the bread salad that was around it , I tried it and thought it was ok
Shrimp cocktail, served with coleslaw and a wasabi sauce, sauce was spicy but not too bad
Caesar salad
bread sticks , DS andDD both loved the pretzel breadsticks we had to ask for more :)
3 filets in BBQ sauce
2 Happy celebration cakes
1 creme brulee
Filets were melt in your mouth tender
the only real problem here was that our server was extremely slow. We had to wait almost 25 mins between when we finished our dinner and when we recieved our desserts
3 TS credits tip $ 8

6-6
Pop breakfast
glazed donut holes
grapes
2 snack credits

Lunch Epcot
We split up for lunch. I went to England and got fish and chips from the Yporshire County fish shop. It said snack size but you got 2 large pieces of fish and a nice amount of fries. shortbread was the snack inclided with the meal. This is one of the places I always wanted to try and I'm glad I did. The fish was nice and hot and very tasty, especially with the addition of malt vinegar. There's no inside seating there so I asked them to wrap it in foil for me and took it with me to meet the kids.
They went to the Electric Umbrella in Future World.
2 bacon double cheeseburger meals ( Ok so they arent very adventurous ;))
2 chocolate chip cookies
This place was packed but we managed to find a table upstairs and enjoyed our lunch in the air conditioning
3 CS credits

dinner Concourse Steakhouse Contemporary Hotel
We were a little early for our ADR , it took about 45 minutes to get seated.
Pan Seared Scallops ( excellant, you only got3 I could have made a meal out of them ;)
Sticky wings DS had them , he got about 8 in his portion, said they were very good but messy ;)
Caesar Salad DD had this she liked it the best of the 3 Caesar Salads she'd had the last 3 days
3 filets these were top choice , one of the best filets I've had. They came with mashed potatoes and a gorgonzola butter. The butter had a good taste melted over the steak but there was alot of it, we all only used a little. DS asked for fries instead of mashed potatoes.
2 Choc cake
1 creme brulee
3 TS credits $8 tip

3 more days to go I'll finish this later...

\

Thanks for the reviews! Did you and your family prefer Lecellier or Concourse? I have an ADR for LC, but I'm considering switching to Concourse. I can't wait to hear the rest of the reviews!

We just got back yesterday. We ate at Le Cellier on Sunday evening. What an incredible meal! The filet was wonderful--we weren't sure what steak with maple syrup(?) topping on it would taste like, but it was great! I had heard a lot about the cheese soup, and wanted to try it, but I also wanted a salad. Ordered a child's app. of the soup for my DD, who I knew wouldn't eat it, so I could have it. It was a nice portion to try it. It was divine! So was the chocolate cake! BTW, if you have kids, have them order the s'more, just to see what it looks like! Way cool! It tasted good, too.

Hi!

I loved your review. I like how you have everything broken down it makes it sooooo easy to read.

Keep them coming!

Loved your reviews. But I had to laugh. As a mom of 2 sons - now 24 and 22 (with both being away for university) and a DD18 - I could pick out exactly what you ordered and what your kids ordered without you telling me. LOL :rotfl:

Glad to see some reviews from a family with older kids. We usually have 2 19 year olds with us and it helps to see which restaurants the older kids like. We havent been to Sci Fi in years but I'm thinking of fitting it in next time.

Great reviews, thanks for posting. Looking forward to the rest! :mickeybar

This may be a stupid question and things may have changed since I was at Disney Dec 2005 but doesn't the dining plan include gratuity? Also I wanted to add that in Dec 2005 we ate at the Concourse I thought it was good but my husband was not impressed in fact we are returning to Disney in Jan. 2007 and my husband ask that i don't make a reservation there.

babywewe said:
Is the concourse right next to chef mickeys...? If so... does it get loud?
The Concourse is close to chef Mickeys but I didn't think it was that noisy

Thanks for the reviews. Glad to read you likes Concourse Steakhouse as you don't see many reviews of it on the boards. Waiting to read more. :)

Tidus said:
Thanks for the reviews! Did you and your family prefer Lecellier or Concourse? I have an ADR for LC, but I'm considering switching to Concourse. I can't wait to hear the rest of the reviews!

Tidum we preferred LeCellier for the atmospere and theming but IMO the steaks were a bit better at the Concourse.

Babywewe: the Concourse is on the same floor at Chef Mickeys but it wasnt loud at all in there.

Laura101 : yes the dining plan includes an 18% gratuity but I also tip. You do not have to tip.

deany: I had to lugh when you said you could pick out what I ate without me having to say ;)

Finishing up my reviews

6-7
Breakfast: Boma
the breakfast buffet is set up in pods, you move from one to another picking out what you want. juice, coffee, tea, milk and soft drinks are all brought to your table by the waiter. Try the frunch a combination of fruit juices.
If you like omlets they have a pod where chefs will make you an omlet with whatever fillings you want. There is a nice selection of fresh fruit and pastries, bacon, sausage french toast and a couple of things you dont see at other breakfast buffets such as a selection of hot cereals and a pod where they will slice ham or pork loin for you. There are two sauces with the meat one a mustard and one some type of very hot sauce.
If you've never been to Animal Kingdom Lodge you should go sometime just to look at the beautiful theming. After your meal you can go outside and see some of the animals from the viewing area.
3 TS credits tip $5

We had so much for breakfast we skipped lunch

Dinner: MGM
Rosie's All Star Cafe
This is an open air cafe . Typical CS food, DS had the bacon double cheeseburger meal, DD and I had the chicken strip meal. We were still so stuffed we gave our desserts away :)
3 CS credits

6-8

breakfast POP
we split 2 french toast platters and orange juice
2 food coupons from the band trip

lunch : MGM Backlot Express
DS : Double cheeseburger platter, coke, frozen blueberry drink for his dessert
DD: Chicken strip meal, chocolate cake, coke
me: Seasame chicken salad, strawberry parfait and bottled water
The chicken salad was very good, lots of grilled chicken in it with nice mixed greens, mandarin oranges,lo mein noodles and a yummy ginger dressing. The strawberry parfait had no sugar in it but was good. My DD loved it when she tried it and helped me eat alot of it :) It was like a vanilla pudding with strawberries in syrup on the bottom and fresh berries on the top.
3 CS credits

amost done , will finish the end tonight

almost done with the review...

6-8

dinner: Ohana

This is the dinner my DS had been waiting for. We ate here for the first time last fall during the free dining and he absolutely loved it. Every other time we have go to WDW we only ever ate at CS meals. I was never sure whether my kids would eat the offerings at a TS meal and didnt want to spend the money to find out they wouldnt. With the free dining I tried it and would never go back to Disney without being on it again. It wont work for everyone but it does work for me.

On to the food...
For anyone thats never been to Ohana , the word Ohana means family. When you come in you are introduced to your waiter as your cousin and everyone in the restaurant is also your cousin for the night. Our waiter asked if we were celebrating any special occasion that night. I mentioned that my DD was having a birthday next week. She glared ;) at both me and him as he took her name and age, but my DS and I enjoyed it. He said he couldnt promise anything but maybe it might be mentioned. :sunny:

The food came and kept coming. First they bring you a plate of fried wontons with 3 different dipping sauces. We liked the peanut dipping saude the best. At the same time you get a large bowl of salad. My only complaint was that it was a little dry, could have used a little more dressing but what was on it was good.

We took a breath and they brought a big bowl of sweet and sour shrimp with pineapples and peppers and a large plate of honey coated wings. DD and I devored the shrimp and DS took care of the wings. ;) Dont be getting full yet cause the main course hasnt even arrived :goodvibes

Next came a plate of stir-fried vegetables and scalloped potatoes. I know alot of people on here liked the fried rice when they had it. I was never there for that but those potatoes are great' :) I saw the recipe for them on allearsnet.org and am planning to make them at home some day. Our waiter cousin came over and asked if we were ready for the meat. My DS's eyes lit up cause this was what he was waiting for :rotfl2: They bring over 3 feet skewers just full of meat and offer you as much as you want. The turkey was absolutely delicious. nice and moist wiith a great flavor. The steak was medium rare and except for part of the piece I had , had no fat anywhere on it. The pork loin was just a little dry but had a good flavor. None of us tried the sausage so no review on that. DD and I gave up soon after they started bringing the meat but DS did a good job on eating it.He totally enjoyed this meal. ( In the fall when we went he had to take a copy of the menu back to college with him to show his roommates so they could see how much food we ate ;))

While we were eating the show was going on. A Hawaiian female singer with a ukelele goes to the walkway in the center of the room and involves the kids ( and adults too if they want) in different activities. First they all got leis and learned to hula. Alittle later they had coconut races with brooms. Its during this that you're glad if you are away from the center aisle ;) Finally right before dessert was served she announced to the room that there were some birthdays and anniversaries that the cousins would be celebrating tonight. DS and I griined as DD tried to hide :lmao: She called all the kids to the center of the room and they sang Happy anniversary to 2 cousins. Then on to the birthdays :sunny: She pointed to DD and said ' I see we have a cousin sitting by the window who is celelbrating a birthday. Come on over here so we can all see you." DD had to go and stand across the room by another cousin who was celebrating her 91st birthday. She put leis on their necks then the whole room sang Happy Birthday to both of the birthday girls. Even though DD complained we could tell she loved it ( she is a bit of a drama queen after all ;))

After she sat down they brought over dessert: bread pudding with ice cream and banana foster sauce. we were stuffed but still managed to " force " down a couple bites. Our cousin brought her a decorated cupcake to go. Excellant meal, we all loved it.
3Ts credits tip $10

one final thing about Ohana. Our reservation was for 8 pm. we had an excellant seat by the window but wishes wasnt til 10 that night. We finished around 9:40 so we went to the beach and sat on beach chairs and watched wishes from there. It was a great ending to a grand meal and a perfect way to finish the last night of our vacation. No matter how you what you do on your vacation or how you end it , if you've enjoyed yourself its definately magical :)

6-9

breakfast POP

Determined to use my remaining snack credits I got a bagel, fresh fruit and sliced apples with dip for breakfast. The man in front of me paid for my breakfast using his snack credits :goodvibes I told him he didnt need to since I was leaving that day and still had some of mine to finish up , but he said he was leaving in a hour and needed to use his first :) I thanked him there and on the off chance he is a DIS member I'll thank him here.

We headed to DTD to use our final CS credits. We got sidetracked and stopped at the AMC to watch Cars...go see this movie its great :). By the time the movie ended we had just enough time to catch a bus back to POP so didnt get to go to Earl of Sandwhich like we planned :sad2:

final luch: pop
DD and Ds 2 chicken strip meals. 1 dirt, 1 frozen blueberry drink
me chicken mediterrean flatbread, very tasty
3 cs credits

final 6 snack credits
rice krispie mickey bars to take home :)

We totally enjoyed ourselves this whole trip both in the restaurants and in the parks ...cant wait til our next trip :rotfl2:

Thanks for posting! We are staying at POP in December. Glad that you were happy with their CS. Sounds like you had a yummy trip!
Katy :sunny:

I may have to think about adding Ohana. I just thought there was a lot of meat for three people who don't eat a lot of meat. What happens if you only want the turkey and/or the steak? Can you just tell them not to bring the sausage and the pork? I hate to see all that go to waste. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

deany said:
I may have to think about adding Ohana. I just thought there was a lot of meat for three people who don't eat a lot of meat. What happens if you only want the turkey and/or the steak? Can you just tell them not to bring the sausage and the pork? I hate to see all that go to waste. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

They will bring you whatever meat you want and as much or as little of it as you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter