We are Winners! The Marsons Money Can't Buy Pre-Trippie - Update how we won 09/12

The Marsons

Port Orleans Crazy!
Howdy all!

Well, where to start!! As i write this, i'm still on cloud nine, wondering if it's all true or just a dream! :cloud9:

WE HAVE WON A TRIP TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!

Lets start with the cast:-

Me Sarah. Training to be a Elementary Teacher. Just about to go into my second year at university. I also work on an evening at a well known English supermarket on the fruit and veg section. I was lucky enough to visit Disney World many times when I was little always staying on Int. Drive. I am a very emotional person and cry with happiness a lot (especially during parades, fireworks or when my kids meet favourite characters) often embarrassing Chris and the kids. Love POR, it's my home from home.

DH Chris. We have been married for seven years on NYE:love: He had never been to Disney before he met me. He's not keen on swimming or fast rides (they say opposites attract!), however does love dining in Disney and watching the parades and fireworks. We both love Port Orleans Riverside and on all occasions we have visited Disney as a family, we have stayed there.

DS George who is 6. Extremely lively and loves sport especially tennis. He is a typical lad who loves to get messy but also gives the best cuddles. Loves rollercoasters and will this trip be able to ride most of them with me:thumbsup2

DD Madeline who is 5. Very very girly! She loves dressing up and buying clothes. She loves the Princesses and other characters. Not to keen on fast rides but hoping she will ride Splash Mountain this trip. She also loves to dance!princess:

Both my children are little actors;)
If it wasn't for their acting skills we wouldn't be going on this trip as you will soon read!

Here are a few pictures:-

Me

sarah_pic.jpg

George last time we went to Disney in 2008

dibb_3.jpg

Madeline also in 2008

dibb_2.jpg

And a group shot of all us:-

all_of_us.jpg

The four of us can't wait to share this experience with you.

Up next how we won:grin:

Who's joining us for the ride?

Sarah
xxx

I'm here! Am I the 1st person? :) Can't wait to read along!

I am also a very emotional person when I am happy & often cry when DD5 is interacting with Disney characters! DH is usually rolling his eyes at me:rolleyes:

I am in and I am #2!:cool1: Looking forward to all the details. And your babies are beautiful!!!:lovestruc

Kelly

I'm here! Am I the 1st person? :) Can't wait to read along!

I am also a very emotional person when I am happy & often cry when DD5 is interacting with Disney characters! DH is usually rolling his eyes at me:rolleyes:

Hey my first reader!
Lol I am the same, it takes such a lot of saving to get there, I think thats what does it!
Welcome!

I am in and I am #2!:cool1: Looking forward to all the details. And your babies are beautiful!!!:lovestruc

Kelly

Thank you Kelly, I think so too:love:

More details coming later on today!

How we won:yay:

We could not afford to go to Florida this year (the flights are so expensive from the UK), so instead we cancelled and booked a cheap package holiday to Greece. Just before we went I saw an advert advertising a ''Money Can't Buy'' Holiday Competition, held in conjunction with a large travel agents and the UK's biggest newspaper.
To win you had to recreate a rollercoaster ride. After umming and aahing over what to do, I decided to get the children in the bath tub, fully clothed and all I said to them was, 'I'm going to film you, let's pretend we are riding Splash Mountain'. I could only film them once as their reaction wouldn't be the same if we were to do it again.
Once done, we all watched it and laughed, Chris uploaded it and off we went to Greece.

While we were in Greece, unbeknown to us, we were chosen as one of the 14 finalists and voting opened for you to vote your favoutite video or photo.
We got back on the Sunday, I switched the computer on and I swear I nearly passed out. I shouted Chris, 'Chris, you know that Splash Mountain video we made, well we are one of the finalists and voting closes on Thursday!'
We both burst out laughing, but never thought we stood a chance in winning.
The next few days were spent trying to get as many votes off friends as possible.
Voting finished and I still had convinced myself that we hadn't won. My Dad owns a newsagents/General Store, I rang my sister who was working in their Saturday morning as I knew the results were going in the newspaper.
'Have you had a look who has won?'
'I will go and have a look, will ring you back in a few minutes as their are some customers here'.

Five minutes later, the phone goes.

'Sarah, I swear you've won, you've won!!!!!!'

At that point, I just burst out crying and continued with that for quite a while!
Chris and the kids were screaming with excitement, followed by lots of jumping on the couch, which I would normally shout at!

I qucikly got dressed and headed for my Dads shop and purchased 2 copies of the newspaper, to be sure I had won, where I appeared on Page 58!

After phoning my Dad (who is on holiday) and other family members, it appeared online.

Here you can see our entry:-

Click here

On the afternoon, I spoke to a lovely man from the travel agents who congratulated us and said to come up with some dates for over the next year and we would speak over the next few days.

I can't tell you how happy we all are. I have never won anything apart from the odd ten pounds on the lottery!!:rotfl2:

This past year has been so hard juggling university, teaching in school, work on an evening and two little ones, so I feel that this trip is in a way meant for us.

Thanks for reading! Up next what we have won in brief :woohoo:

Hey all,

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. It's quite cold in the UK at the moment, so we are enjoying being at home, planning this vacation:cheer2:

Thought I would give you a run down of the prizes we have won.
They are fantastic, here they are:-

Premium cabin flight seats with a scheduled airline
10 nights at a deluxe Walt Disney World Resort Hotel
Theme park tickets to:
Walt Disney World Resort
Discovery Cove
SeaWorld
Aquatica
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Kennedy Space Centre
£1000 spending money! (about $1500!)
Hire car for your entire stay
A VIP exclusive tour of all the Walt Disney World Parks
A VIP tour at SeaWorld Orlando, and even meet & feed the animals backstage!
Be a trainer for the day at Discovery Cove and spend one-on-one time with the dolphins
A VIP behind the scenes tour at Kennedy Space Centre
A private Boggy Creek Airboat Tour
MAC make-over’ for the ladies and a slap-up lunch for all at Brio Tuscan Grille at The Mall of Millenia as well as a Mall at Millenia tote bag and Shop.Dine.Save. booklet.
Drinks at Blue Martini.

As you can see, these prizes are fantastic!

At the moment I think we will be going over February half term holidays as with me doing Elementary Teaching I don't want to miss much University!

Never been in February before, I know it is Prsident's Day over this time so I expect it to be quite busy.

Have any of you been over this time? What are the parks and weather like?

Have any of you done any of our prizes? What were they like?

Sarah
xxxxx

Wow Sarah! What a prize you won!!!:cool1: We have never been in February so I cannot comment on the crowds but you will be on a FREE trip to WDW so who cares!!!:rotfl2:

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter