We are going to melt!

Dukland

A.K.A Mrs. Incredible
Looking at the temperature forecast for next week, when we are supposed to be in DL, and I'm sweating already!

I really do not enjoy the heat. We may actually need to plan afternoon hotel time :(

I know I am deeply concerned. Not sure how me and my six yr old are going to do. This is kind of a once in a lifetime trip so don't really want to spend the day sitting at the hotel.

Yeah looks like it maybe a slight burner in Anaheim. Don't worry it will get a lot cooler at night. Try to dress accordingly. Also when I went to WDW during spring break I purchased Pocket Battery Fans from Walmart prior, they were like $3 each and just put it around my neck. Guests were pretty jealous I had one lol. At least it shouldn't be to crowded this time of year, if it get's to hot try doing dark rides or a show.

Yes, you will be hot, but you'll be fine. We did a scavenger hunt at DL one year on the hottest day of the summer. Just drink lots of water, stay in shade when you can and in the hottest part of the afternoon go on Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Small World, and other stuff that is dark and cool inside. It will be a beautiful warm night after the sun goes down, perfect DL weather.

I'll trade places with any of you!!!

While you're enjoying the parks, I'll be striping out and re-planting the lawn. Our forecast is for HOT & DRY. Oh the joys of re-placing about 2000 sq.ft. of lawn.

Anyone want to line up to run the thatcher or aerator?

Remember to hydrate. I like igomezhnl's idea of a little fan. When it's hot, air circulation can sure help even if it's hot air.

Have fun to all of those in the parks. I'll be thinking of you as I haul dead grass and dirt plugs.....

Geemo

Dukland said:
Looking at the temperature forecast for next week, when we are supposed to be in DL, and I'm sweating already!

I really do not enjoy the heat. We may actually need to plan afternoon hotel time :(

Bummer! I'd get those little fans, cooling towels, drink lots of water, lightweight clothing (bring something for evening though). Plan frequent stops inside during the worst heat of the day (Innoventions, shops, dining, see GMWML, Steamboat Willie). I dont like going to Disneyland in the heat (I live in the desert. We have plenty heat all year). I feel your pain ans hope you guys manage well enough to not spoil anything!

We've had two DLR vacations with temps over 100. One time it was around 112, I think. It was definitely hot but oddly enough didn't feel nearly as bad as 90 degrees in the midwest.

I would plan to swim in the hottest part of the day, or find air conditioned things to do in the park.

Our last trip was in the heatwave this past May. Temps were between 100-104 every day we were there. Yes, it was crazy hot, but we still had a wonderful trip. Somehow when we talk about the trip, no one in the family even mentions the heat. We talk about how much we loved F!, the parade, WOC, Splash, etc, etc, etc...

Just go expecting to have a great time and you will. Drink tons of water, and reallocate some of your food budget into frozen lemonade, icees and ice cream:thumbsup2. Have a blast!

Not looking forward to the heat either, but it is a perfect excuse to get ice cream!

Splash Mountain and Grizzly River Run are sure to have long lines, but think of how much fun it would be to get soaked in 100° heat. So that might be worth the wait.

Drink lots of water! Any restaurant will be happy to give you water and ICE. A couple times I asked for multiple cups. Have to do what it takes to keep cool.

Have fun and think cool thoughts,
Kriss pirate:

Bummer! I'd get those little fans, cooling towels, drink lots of water, lightweight clothing (bring something for evening though).

Yes.

Disneyland has lots of shade!

That was not my experience in the days before and after the recent Half!

OP, if you're going on lots of wet rides to mitigate the heat, wear quick-dry clothes. Either that or wear LOTS of anti-chafing stuff like Body Glide. Because wet cotton + walking = ghastly chafing.

Hats, sunscreen, hand-held old fashioned fans along with battery operated. Buy a parasol as a souvenir! Lots and lots of water. If wearing socks, wear sweat-wicking socks. Basically banish cotton from your wardrobe since you'll be sweating or going on water rides, and you want to DRY. And not chafe.

Have I mentioned how you should avoid chafing? :)

It will be hot in the afternoon but DL has lots of trees for shade (except tommorowland and toon town), many of the rides are inside with AC, many of the restaurants (even CS) have inside seating with AC, the animation academy, Innoventions, and Aladdin are all great escapes from the heat, and Splash and Grizzly are always a great way to cool off.

I went a few weeks ago and it was close to 100 every day but just as fun as cooler trips. The weather in the morning and the evening was perfect, it was just a few hours in the afternoon when the temp peaked that were brutal but it was easy to deal with by hitting the water and indoor rides, watching shows, eating, and shopping .

Drink lots of water the day BEFORE you go. Get up early and take the super hot afternoon off then head back in later. The tiki room has fantastic air conditioning and usually a pretty short wait. Haunted Mansion as well. Also the Aladdin show in DCA has super cool air conditioning. Stay away from the monorail which has no AC and will be incredibly hot. Grizzly river run and splash mountain will cool you off but the lines will be over an hour on a super hot day so get fast passes but don't wait very long to get them.

Hmmm... makes me want to rethink the wool vest, tie, shirt, and trousers for dapper day... nope. Dressing up for lunch in the park on Saturday too.

We're heading this weekend too. Do you think we'll need sweatshirts for after dark? We've only got 2 days in the parks and our hotel is a 30 min walk, so I want to avoid going back there mid-day.

We're heading this weekend too. Do you think we'll need sweatshirts for after dark? We've only got 2 days in the parks and our hotel is a 30 min walk, so I want to avoid going back there mid-day.

You probably won't need sweatshirts. While it will cool down, it will feel refreshing after the daytime heat. You can always get a locker and stash jackets in there for later. The small ones are only $7.

The best thing to do is get there at rope drop and get as much as you can done in the morning before it gets too hot. Taking an afternoon break is always a good idea, especially if you plan on staying late.

You will still have a great time...I mean, come on, it's DISNEYLAND!! :yay:

As a DL novice here i'm just curious. Isn't the whole "get there early to get stuff done" thing kind of out the window when the park opens at 10:00?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter