• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are Booked

chttyangel

Mouseketeer
After reading this board for the past month, talking with friends and asking question after question; we are finally booked. :yay: We actually booked last week BUT I ended up adding our 19 year old DD to the trip AND upgrading for an Interior to an Oceanview to FINALLY a Ext Vernandah (10158) over the last week. So now I feel like we are really set. Time to sit back and count down the days; I can't believe it is so far off we have two other non-Disney trips before this one happens and a big work trip.

Just want to thank everyone for all the advice and stories. I feel like I am going into this knowing all the important things so I can get the most from our trip. THANK YOU!!!!!!!:worship:

Now on to the land part of our trip. Just trying to decide do we want to go thru Disney Dave and do a vacation rental OR book thru WDW and book a regular room direct? Do we want to do Universial at the start of our trip or is that too much for one vacation? Should I move our trip to Costco and get the rebate? Was the room upgrade worth it?? I said sit back and count down the days; not sit back and relax. The planner in me still is not ready to rest. Thanks again; PTR coming in the Fall.:rolleyes1

Awesome you stalked the reservations to keep adding and adding to your room!

I don't know the length of your trip or the time of year you are going, but Universal Studios (both parks) takes more than a day, even in the slow season, especially if you haven't been since the additions. Many people recommend staying on site there to make use of the hotels that offer front of the line passes for most attractions, especially when it gets busy.

Which cruise are you on?
We are going on our first Dec 29 - Jan 2 on the Dream with my DH and DD's 14 & 19 years old. Very excited!!!

I don't know the length of your trip or the time of year you are going, but Universal Studios (both parks) takes more than a day, even in the slow season, especially if you haven't been since the additions. Many people recommend staying on site there to make use of the hotels that offer front of the line passes for most attractions, especially when it gets busy.
Universal Studios -
You could spend 2 days alone in the Harry Potter areas if you are fans!! We loved it ♥ We have stayed both at the Hard Rock Hotel and the Cabana Bay - enjoyed both.

Yes; when the extended verandah opened last night I had to jump on it. :goodvibes

We are going mid-January (I guess I should have put that lol). I have been to Universal twice. Once in 2013 with my kids. And again in 2016 alone for a conference; well I was at the conference center but they shut down the park for a night for just us and I got to go in with a very, very small crowd which was amazing! I love Universal, my kids think it is okay, DH has never been. We have plenty of time to add two full days and would stay on site. It adds a couple thousand to the trip thou between food, hotel and tickets so really weighing this one over and as much as I like to have a plan may have to wait until the end to decide.

Which cruise are you on?
We are going on our first Dec 29 - Jan 2 on the Dream with my DH and DD's 14 & 19 years old. Very excited!!!
We are on the January 15th cruise on the Dream. A cruise over NYE would have been so fun thou!!!

Universal Studios -
You could spend 2 days alone in the Harry Potter areas if you are fans!! We loved it ♥ We have stayed both at the Hard Rock Hotel and the Cabana Bay - enjoyed both.
I LOVE Harry Potter. I got to go to an event at the park at night last year. It was just adults and a smaller group. I rode the HP rides over and over and no one was at Orlanders so I got to go in an actually experience the show. Felt bad my kids were at home but best night ever! I stayed at Sapphire Falls that trip but Hard Rock looked amazing. I want to try it.

We are going mid-January (I guess I should have put that lol). I have been to Universal twice. Once in 2013 with my kids. And again in 2016 alone for a conference; well I was at the conference center but they shut down the park for a night for just us and I got to go in with a very, very small crowd which was amazing! I love Universal, my kids think it is okay, DH has never been. We have plenty of time to add two full days and would stay on site. It adds a couple thousand to the trip thou between food, hotel and tickets so really weighing this one over and as much as I like to have a plan may have to wait until the end to decide.
My wife and I very much enjoy the Harry Potter sections. We also thought that Men In Black was well done, if not confusing, ET and a handful of other attractions. On a whole, those parks are just not geared for us.

We found many of the coaster rides simply too jerky for our liking and Universal has an over reliance on 3d glasses and screen based attractions. We did a single day, both parks this past December. We had previously been with family a few years prior. The parks are not meant for those not tall enough for the attractions and have a certain level of maturity due to the high intensity and action of several of the rides. I know that shouldn't be a problem for your older kids for sure!

Yes; when the extended verandah opened last night I had to jump on it. :goodvibes

How do you watch to see what else opens up? We're going on the Fantasy Dec 30, 7 night. Currently booked a verandah.

After reading this board for the past month, talking with friends and asking question after question; we are finally booked. :yay: We actually booked last week BUT I ended up adding our 19 year old DD to the trip AND upgrading for an Interior to an Oceanview to FINALLY a Ext Vernandah (10158) over the last week. So now I feel like we are really set. Time to sit back and count down the days; I can't believe it is so far off we have two other non-Disney trips before this one happens and a big work trip.

Just want to thank everyone for all the advice and stories. I feel like I am going into this knowing all the important things so I can get the most from our trip. THANK YOU!!!!!!!:worship:

Now on to the land part of our trip. Just trying to decide do we want to go thru Disney Dave and do a vacation rental OR book thru WDW and book a regular room direct? Do we want to do Universial at the start of our trip or is that too much for one vacation? Should I move our trip to Costco and get the rebate? Was the room upgrade worth it?? I said sit back and count down the days; not sit back and relax. The planner in me still is not ready to rest. Thanks again; PTR coming in the Fall.:rolleyes1
When in Jan is your cruise and on what ship out of what port?

BSmitty- I just kept checking the Disney Cruise website to see what rooms were available on my cruise. Then when I saw a room I wanted; I logged on to my account and selected upgrade room. It showed my the new price and changed my selection. There may be an easier way thou especially if you have a travel agent.

BSmitty- I just kept checking the Disney Cruise website to see what rooms were available on my cruise. Then when I saw a room I wanted; I logged on to my account and selected upgrade room. It showed my the new price and changed my selection. There may be an easier way thou especially if you have a travel agent.

You can also just click on "Change Stateroom" and see what is available and change the stateroom - or just cancel the change. It saves the step of going in and out of the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter