"We Ain't From Around Here!"-The South Does Disney! A Dec PTR Update 1/11-Prizes!

When do you think we should leave for Disney?

• December 25! Don't take the risk of missing the Wishes Dessert Party because the park is full!

• December 26! Don't give up sleep and family time! You should be fine getting into the park!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I will definitely pack you in my suitcase! You might have to smell my socks the whole way, though! ;)

I'll miss you too! But don't worry, I will be texting you like a maniac the entire time! :hug:

I don't care if I have to smell your stinky toes!!!! It can't be worse than Shelby's diapers!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I can't wait to see the updates!!!! Your trip is finally here!!!!! Remember when I was doing my first PTR? You thought it would never get here & now look!!!!!

Great list! :goodvibes The D&B wristlets are so cute. I used to have one (not a Disney print, though) and it was a very convenient style. :thumbsup2 I did not know this Wii sing along existed! That looks like a lot of fun!

I don't care if I have to smell your stinky toes!!!! It can't be worse than Shelby's diapers!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I can't wait to see the updates!!!! Your trip is finally here!!!!! Remember when I was doing my first PTR? You thought it would never get here & now look!!!!!

Mine might not be worse than Shelby's diapers, but I think John's would be! :rotfl:

I know, I can't believe it's so close! And yet, it seems so far! I remember that very well. I felt like my trip was centuries away! :)

Great list! :goodvibes The D&B wristlets are so cute. I used to have one (not a Disney print, though) and it was a very convenient style. :thumbsup2 I did not know this Wii sing along existed! That looks like a lot of fun!

Thank you! I really love those wristlets, and the colors are gorgeous! :lovestruc Yes, that game looks amazing! I really hope I get it! I put Just Dance 2 on my list too, but I want this one much more!

Hi everyone! It's Friday! Three weeks from tomorrow I leave for Disney World! :banana: So close, and yet so far! I am sitting here in my cozy pajamas eating delicious mexican style soup while I write. Nice and toasty warm! It's really cold outside for NC and we are supposed to get some snow tomorrow night! Brrr!

This will be a very brief update, as I only have a few things to talk about. First, I did a little bit of shopping for our trip today! I went to Wal Mart and got some stuff. I bought new toothbrushes for John and me, a toothbrush holder, and a travel sized shaving cream. However, the thing I bought that I am most excited about was a Modella Gilded Pleasure Purple Cosmetic Bag. It was only $13, and it is a large zip around bag with several compartments. It's a really pretty purple swirly pattern. The best part is, it came with a bunch of travel containers for my shampoo, conditioner, soap, and more! :thumbsup2 I saw some travel containers on Rachel's PTR and I decided I had to have some. I have an old travel bag, but it is starting to fall to pieces, so when I saw this baby I had to have it! I was going to post a picture of it but I can't find my camera at the moment. I will soon, I promise!

Next order of business: I decided to go ahead and preorder the Photo Pass CD today! It's all paid for, but I'm a little confused. How does it work? Will I get something in the mail before my trip or will it know when I get home and look at my pictures online that I ordered the CD? This is probably a really stupid question, but I have no clue how it works! :confused3

That's all I have for now. I worked on my trip binder some this evening and I think I might go work on it some more right now. I only have three weeks, so I need to get this stuff done! ;)

What??? You're going to get snow in NC and up here in CT we still haven't seen one flake of snow? (Ok, we had that freak ice/snow "thing"-not a storm exactly, more like an episode :rotfl:) at the beginning of November (maybe it was the end of October)...but that doesn't count! I want some snow! :laughing:

Your cosmetic bag sounds so cute! I really want to get a Disney one...I have this black and white polka dot cosmetic bag that I got from Target, which is really cute, but I want one with Minnie Mouse on it or something!

I'm so glad you ordered the photopass cd, it's so great, I'm so happy I got mine! And it's definitely not stupid to know how it works, I had to come on here and ask what to do once I edited all my pics when I got back from my trip, it's kind of weird...

When you get home, enter in your photopass id, and all of your pictures will come up, obviously. Then you can edit them however you like, put as many borders on them as you want, resize them, whatever, and once you are finished with all of them, you have to click on order CD and it will bring you to your cart, where your CD credit will already be. I thought you just had to go to your cart once you were finished, but I did that and nothing was in there, and I freaked out! I thought I wasted $100! :eek: But once you click order CD, it will show up in your cart that you ordered it and the credit for the amount that you paid will be there and you will owe nothing, except shipping which is like, $3 for regular shipping, and $7 for express. You would think they would email you directions or something, but they don't! So it's a little confusing at first!

3 weeks, yay!!! :yay: :woohoo: :banana:

Love your Christmas list! I don't actually have any Disney things on my list. The one thing I wanted is already in my possession! I don't know if you saw it on my FB, but Howard got me the bear I wanted from Build-a-Bear. I'm hoping to get a cute outfit or two when we go to Disney because he's roughly the same size as Duffy. I saw pictures of the World Showcase outfits, but I'm hoping to see the Sorcerer Mickey outfit or the Test Track outfit! Haha, yes, I am 26 years old ... (teaching keeps us young, I'm sure of it!).

Ooo, can't wait to see the pic of your new travel bag! I love new travel items. The only time that I have a reason to buy them, of course, is when a trip is in my sights! How exciting to have everything miniature!

great update! I need to head to Target and get all that fun stuff. Of course I have a drawer in my bathroom filled with travel supplies that I'll look through first. I've never pre-ordered the CD. We've only gotten it once and didn't do anything with it lol. I guess maybe if my brother and I were younger it would be a great buy by at 20 somethings, if there are any good pics, we'll just buy them individually haha.

What??? You're going to get snow in NC and up here in CT we still haven't seen one flake of snow? (Ok, we had that freak ice/snow "thing"-not a storm exactly, more like an episode :rotfl:) at the beginning of November (maybe it was the end of October)...but that doesn't count! I want some snow! :laughing:

Your cosmetic bag sounds so cute! I really want to get a Disney one...I have this black and white polka dot cosmetic bag that I got from Target, which is really cute, but I want one with Minnie Mouse on it or something!

I'm so glad you ordered the photopass cd, it's so great, I'm so happy I got mine! And it's definitely not stupid to know how it works, I had to come on here and ask what to do once I edited all my pics when I got back from my trip, it's kind of weird...

When you get home, enter in your photopass id, and all of your pictures will come up, obviously. Then you can edit them however you like, put as many borders on them as you want, resize them, whatever, and once you are finished with all of them, you have to click on order CD and it will bring you to your cart, where your CD credit will already be. I thought you just had to go to your cart once you were finished, but I did that and nothing was in there, and I freaked out! I thought I wasted $100! :eek: But once you click order CD, it will show up in your cart that you ordered it and the credit for the amount that you paid will be there and you will owe nothing, except shipping which is like, $3 for regular shipping, and $7 for express. You would think they would email you directions or something, but they don't! So it's a little confusing at first!

3 weeks, yay!!! :yay: :woohoo: :banana:

I know you don't need me to tell you this because I've been texting you all day, but it's like a winter wonderland here! :yay: It is gorgeous! We absolutely never get snow this early, so I am loving it!

A Disney cosmetic bag would be really nice! I saw a Tinkerbell one awhile back that I almost got but I ended up changing my mind. I guess what I got would be considered more of a toiletry bag, because it holds more than just makeup. I'm not good with those fancy shmancy terms! ;)

Thank you so much for clearing up my Photo Pass confusion! I had absolutely no clue how it worked. Maybe I should have thought about that before I dropped $100 on it! :laughing:

Love your Christmas list! I don't actually have any Disney things on my list. The one thing I wanted is already in my possession! I don't know if you saw it on my FB, but Howard got me the bear I wanted from Build-a-Bear. I'm hoping to get a cute outfit or two when we go to Disney because he's roughly the same size as Duffy. I saw pictures of the World Showcase outfits, but I'm hoping to see the Sorcerer Mickey outfit or the Test Track outfit! Haha, yes, I am 26 years old ... (teaching keeps us young, I'm sure of it!).

Ooo, can't wait to see the pic of your new travel bag! I love new travel items. The only time that I have a reason to buy them, of course, is when a trip is in my sights! How exciting to have everything miniature!

Thank you! You're right, teaching definitely keeps us young! That is perfectly fine with me, too. Sometimes kids' stuff is just so much better than grown ups' stuff! :goodvibes

I know what you mean, I love to buy travel stuff too! I love that little section in Wal Mart that is nothing but travel sized items. I could spend about $50 there, which is a lot considering pretty much everything is $1!

great update! I need to head to Target and get all that fun stuff. Of course I have a drawer in my bathroom filled with travel supplies that I'll look through first. I've never pre-ordered the CD. We've only gotten it once and didn't do anything with it lol. I guess maybe if my brother and I were younger it would be a great buy by at 20 somethings, if there are any good pics, we'll just buy them individually haha.

Thank you! :) Speaking of Target, I went there today and went on a shopping spree! I love shopping there. They have so much great stuff. It's not as cheap as Wal Mart, but I feel like you can find stuff at Target that you can't find anywhere else.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... :rolleyes1 Hi everyone! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend. It is a winter wonderland down here in good ol' NC! We've got about three inches of snow outside right now and I am loving it! :goodvibes My mom and I went shopping with my best friend today and everything just felt so Christmasey! The only downside to that feeling was that I ended up spending way more money than I should have! I tend to do that a lot. :guilty: I've got to start saving for Disney or I'm not going to be able to get any souvenirs! :headache:

Anyway, one of my purchases was the Twilight Saga: Eclipse DVD so my mom and I are getting ready to settle in with a nice warm fire and big bowls of chili and watch it. Sounds heavenly, doesn't it? But first, I need to post Round 21 of The Waiting Game!

Since the game is almost over (next week will probably be the last round) I thought it would be fun to try something new. This week I will be posting one of the Fast Pass distribution machines! The same rules apply, so please stick with them. The first person to guess correctly gets the point!

Please name the ride or attraction with this Fast Pass distribution machine:

game4.jpg

Good luck everyone! :cheer2:

Mmm, I could go for some chili because the temperature dropped!

Howard and I were watching bits of the Harry Potter movie (um, the Azkaban one?) and then we switched to Top Chef. When a commercial came on, I nonchalantly came back to the computer and saw that you were online!!! The hilarious thing is that I just Google image searched "It's Tough to Be a Bug" because I said, "Hmm, I don't know what that looks like."

I can't believe you're in your vacation MONTH!!! Only a chunk of teaching days left!

I'm so jealous you have snow in NC! We rarely get any here in Atlanta, and when we do it's normally in February or March well after Christmas. I wish one year we could have a white Christmas here! :cloud9:

I know you don't need me to tell you this because I've been texting you all day, but it's like a winter wonderland here! It is gorgeous! We absolutely never get snow this early, so I am loving it!

A Disney cosmetic bag would be really nice! I saw a Tinkerbell one awhile back that I almost got but I ended up changing my mind. I guess what I got would be considered more of a toiletry bag, because it holds more than just makeup. I'm not good with those fancy shmancy terms!

Thank you so much for clearing up my Photo Pass confusion! I had absolutely no clue how it worked. Maybe I should have thought about that before I dropped $100 on it!

I love the picture you sent me of all of the snow...I really want some snow up here! It's finally cold enough...we got a huge rain storm last week (seriously, it was so bad when I was driving home from work that I actually debated pulling over on the side of the highway and waiting til it slowed a little) and if it was just a little colder that day, it would have been a blizzard! :rotfl:

I had an Eeyore make up bag a long time ago, but it got so gross that I had to finally replace it. They have cute make up bags at Disney but they're too expensive!

I had no clue how the CD worked either, I just figured if I had any problems, someone on the DIS could help, and they did! You're going to be happy you got it since you get every single shot they take of you on there, and you get to add all the borders!

I was grocery shopping last night when you put up the waiting game and I was trying to play on my phone to answer but it was just taking too long so I gave up...so I will guess Expedition Everest, even though I know it's wrong! I just want to guess something different! :rotfl:

How was Eclipse? I haven't seen it yet, I'll have to go buy it, although Eclipse was my least favorite book in the saga so I'm not too excited for it...and I can't stand Kristen Stewart! :rolleyes1

Hi everyone! I'm back to post the results for Round 21 of The Waiting Game! The correct answer this week was It's Tough To Be A Bug! Great job, RachelNinja! :thumbsup2 Thanks for playing, everyone else!

Here is the updated scoreboard:
Scoresheet
DisneyFirefly- 2
Nermel9- 5
ChildAtHeart82- 4
RachelNinja- 8
HeatherBelle614- 1
shelbys mommy- 1

Well guys, it looks like any further rounds to determine a first place winner won't be necessary. According to our scoreboard, we have a pretty clear winner. So let's all say congratulations to...

RACHELNINJA!
:dance3: :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cool1: :cheer2: :rockband:party::dancer:

Great job, Rachel! If you would, please send me a PM with your mailing address and your favorite Disney character! :)

Now, I would like to do a little something for second and third place too, so I will continue to post the game until my trip so we can determine who will finish in those places. So please keep playing, everyone!

Crap, I'm gonna guess Pirates of the Caribbean

That was a good guess, and you were the first this week! :)

It's Tough to Be a Bug

You got it! Great job! :thumbsup2

Mmm, I could go for some chili because the temperature dropped!

Howard and I were watching bits of the Harry Potter movie (um, the Azkaban one?) and then we switched to Top Chef. When a commercial came on, I nonchalantly came back to the computer and saw that you were online!!! The hilarious thing is that I just Google image searched "It's Tough to Be a Bug" because I said, "Hmm, I don't know what that looks like."

I can't believe you're in your vacation MONTH!!! Only a chunk of teaching days left!

That chili was heavenly! I always fills mine with crackers and cheddar cheese. Target had really fuzzy robes on sale for $10 yesterday so my mom and I each got one. Then we came home and snuggled up in them in front of the fire with our giant bowls of chili. It was great!

You won the game! Congratulations! :hug:

I know, I am SO EXCITED! :woohoo: I have nine more days of regular school, two days of EOCS, and two workdays before my vacation!

I'm so jealous you have snow in NC! We rarely get any here in Atlanta, and when we do it's normally in February or March well after Christmas. I wish one year we could have a white Christmas here! :cloud9:

We never used to get snow this early in NC, but last year we got like eight inches the week before Christmas, and yesterday we probably got about 3-4. I am hoping it will manage to fall on Christmas this year! :goodvibes

Jungle Cruise

Good guess! :thumbsup2

I love the picture you sent me of all of the snow...I really want some snow up here! It's finally cold enough...we got a huge rain storm last week (seriously, it was so bad when I was driving home from work that I actually debated pulling over on the side of the highway and waiting til it slowed a little) and if it was just a little colder that day, it would have been a blizzard! :rotfl:

I had an Eeyore make up bag a long time ago, but it got so gross that I had to finally replace it. They have cute make up bags at Disney but they're too expensive!

I had no clue how the CD worked either, I just figured if I had any problems, someone on the DIS could help, and they did! You're going to be happy you got it since you get every single shot they take of you on there, and you get to add all the borders!

I was grocery shopping last night when you put up the waiting game and I was trying to play on my phone to answer but it was just taking too long so I gave up...so I will guess Expedition Everest, even though I know it's wrong! I just want to guess something different! :rotfl:

How was Eclipse? I haven't seen it yet, I'll have to go buy it, although Eclipse was my least favorite book in the saga so I'm not too excited for it...and I can't stand Kristen Stewart! :rolleyes1

I'm sure you will have tons of snow soon and then it will be back to the usual 80 degrees here! :rotfl:

I'm really excited about the PP CD now that I've ordered it. Plus, before he left for training again DH told me he wanted to make it his mission to meet characters we've never met before on this trip, so I was like :banana:!

Expedition Everest was a good guess! I actually almost used that one!

Eclipse is really good. I love the Twilight Saga, but not nearly as much as I love Harry Potter. I hate it when people compare the two because I feel like they are nothing alike except they both sold a ton of books and have really popular movies. I don't like Kristen Stewart either, to be honest. However, I find her to most bearable in these movies. I think the director told her to tone down her usual surly attitude, because she actually looks like she is interested in what she's doing in this movie. :laughing:

I'm glad you guys got snow! :yay: What's crazy is you may have gotten more this winter than we have so far in South Dakota. You definitely have more right now than we do. I'm sure that will change eventually and I'll have more snow than I can handle, but leading up to Christmas, it's a little disappointing.

I feel like I haven't been around for The Waiting Game in a while. Saturdays have been our Christmas shopping and Disney preparation days. I hope I'll be around next Saturday. We're done, I think, with Christmas shopping, and as of now, we only have one more Target trip to shop for Disney stuff. It seems like every time we come home from Target, we remember stuff that we still need to buy. It's little stuff now, at least, like ponchos and such. :)

Eclipse is really good. I love the Twilight Saga, but not nearly as much as I love Harry Potter. I hate it when people compare the two because I feel like they are nothing alike except they both sold a ton of books and have really popular movies. I don't like Kristen Stewart either, to be honest. However, I find her to most bearable in these movies. I think the director told her to tone down her usual surly attitude, because she actually looks like she is interested in what she's doing in this movie.

LOL...the first movie she was just terrible! Ugh, I could have done a better job in that movie and I can't act for anything! :rotfl: It doesn't help that with each Twilight book I read, the more I disliked Bella, so KS playing Bella really didn't help my dislike for either of them! :laughing: I do love the story though, so maybe this weekend I'll pick up Eclipse! I'm looking forward to Breaking Dawn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter