• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDWCP PhotoPass Photographer

TiggerTastic09

WDWCP Spring o9
Hey all! I'm going to be doing a trip report as a Disney College Program Participant in WDW in FL as a PHOTOPASS PHOTOGRAPHER!!

This role was added to the program in Florida a few days ago, and today I found out that I was accepted to this role for Spring 2009.

So a little background about myself. I'm a sophomore in college. I decided last spring that I really want to do the college program, but it wasn't an option for me for this fall, so I'm going in spring. I leave Jan 4th & check in on the 5th, only 47 days away.

This will be my pretrip report about getting ready for the program. And it will turn into a Trip Report once I get there.

So far I've applied, accepted, and picked my arrival date. Tonight I have my first "offer session" at my university so I will post about it after that.

I decided to start a trip report because this role is so new and I want to be a resource for people who want to perform this role in the future.

Happy Reading!!

Wow! This sounds really exciting! I'm also a sophomore in college, and I'm hoping to do the CP one summer (not this summer, but maybe next). Being a photog would be a really cool role!

Can't wait to hear more!

Sorry I've been bad about continuing to update. I've been busy with finals and spending as much time with my bf as possible before he leaves for vacation (he doesn't come back till after I leave :sad2:)

I officially found a roomate! We met on Facebook. She's over 21, but will be in wellness with me :D. She did the program in spring in attractions and is returning for a second season. I a VERY excited to meet her and room with her!

I just started writing my packing list of what I need to bring and what I will need to buy ASAP once I arrive.

I officially leave next month. I leave Vegas on the 4th and arrive that night. That night we will have our arrival dinner @ Earl of Sandwich in DTD. Then the next morning will be check-in. That's all I can think about. Just getting there and getting unpacked and finally starting to get answers.

I have so many questions about this role because it is so new. I feel like we will be a guinea pig group, but hopefully training will be smooth. They're used to training people so hopefully it will all go well. So far I am the only one of us that I know arriving on the 5th. Hopefully I will be able to start training right away and don't have to wait for other people to arrive.

Thanks for reading!

This sounds so exciting!!! I'm a bit of a camera bug myself, but there was no such thing as a photo pass photographer when I was in college. Heck, we didn't have digital cameras!

Are you a photography student, or is it just a hobby?

This sounds so exciting!!! I'm a bit of a camera bug myself, but there was no such thing as a photo pass photographer when I was in college. Heck, we didn't have digital cameras!

Are you a photography student, or is it just a hobby?

I am not a photography student, just a hobby. I did do some studio photography last year, but there's nothing as good as doing it on your own. I will say that. I hope this is an awesome opportunity to work on my skills!

That's really cool! I wish they had offered Photopass when I was a CP!

By the way, you get to pick your roommate(s) out ahead of time? During my CP, you got roomed with whomever you happened to be standing in line with...

That's really cool! I wish they had offered Photopass when I was a CP!

By the way, you get to pick your roommate(s) out ahead of time? During my CP, you got roomed with whomever you happened to be standing in line with...

You can pick 1 roomie online, on the WDWCP website. It's the roomate notification system (either randomly, or you can add your roomie yourself if you have someone in mind).

This week is finals week in school so it's a little stressful, it's also emotional. It's my last week in school for a while...It's my last week walking through the student union seeing everyone just hanging around...my last friday night dinner with everyone....a lot of lasts. But I'm reading for it to be a lot of firsts.....I'm SO excited and that's what ultimately matters :D

Well, I've begun to write my packing list. It's SUPER long. But I've been listing everything out exactly that I want to take. It's an absolute nightmare.....there's a list on the cp site, but it's not very specific. And there are some things that I just don't know, like how many days of training I'll have to wear business attire for. PLUS I'm flying so I'm limited on how much I can bring.

In other news....I'm going to be staying @ POP the night before check-in. Which will be AWESOME! I'm going to be able to take Magical Express from the airport and then the bus to DTD to meet everyone @ Earl of Sandwich. Then my roomie will be able to pick me up the next morning so we can go to check-in together. YAY! Things are working out....

The countdown is ON....10 day till my bf leaves, 26 days till i leave, 27 days till check-in....

Am I ready? I dont' think so! Haha. But I will be.

During my CP, which was just in 2007, I wore business attire for I think 3 days only. Maybe only 2, I can't remember exactly. I know I wore it for Traditions at Disney University as well as the day that we got a brief tour of Epcot and it's Cast building/get your costume and schedule...what was that day called? Anyway, the days you must dress nicely are few. When you are actually being trained you just wear your costume.

Dang! That is really soon! I will have to try to find you when I come down in March.:)

During my CP, which was just in 2007, I wore business attire for I think 3 days only. Maybe only 2, I can't remember exactly. I know I wore it for Traditions at Disney University as well as the day that we got a brief tour of Epcot and it's Cast building/get your costume and schedule...what was that day called? Anyway, the days you must dress nicely are few. When you are actually being trained you just wear your costume.
Thanks so much!!

Dang! That is really soon! I will have to try to find you when I come down in March.:)
You BETTER come visit me! Haha. I'll take pics of you ;)

Well today was it, my last day of school. I had one final in Political Science, and I think I did really well. So as I was walking out of class I realized it was my last day on campus for 8 months...my last day in the union. I walked through the union one more time, but I didn't see anyone I knew.

So I headed to the bookstore to sell back my textbooks. I have a few friends that work @ the bookstore so when I was selling back my friend was helping me. And he walked to ask the asst. manager (another friend actually) a question. He came back and was like "We can mail your check to you in FL if you give us your address" And then it hit me. This is it....So I get to look forward to a check in the mail from them for the measly amount my textbooks were worth...OT i HATE how little textbooks are worth when you sell them back. ugh. but i also asked and they can order and ship a book to me if i take a class down there.

Well I have officially realized that I don't think I'm emotionally ready for this yet....This next week is going to be very tough. Tommorow is DBF's 21st birthday. And I'm glad for that. After that it's going to be tough. DBF will be out of town this weekend, our last one together...DBF and my best guy friend, among others, leave next week. It's going to be hard, but I think I'll be able to get through it....I'm sure I'll be able to!!

On a happier note, I'm getting a new camera. I've been waiting to get it from my dad for a while. It was supposed to be a birthday present (my birthday is in april), but better late then never. *starts singing*better never late. you're late, you're late and you're ugly. yay random camp songs!!! Okay, well it should be here tommorow according to UPS :D I'm very very excited. I will have to take pics (and figure out how to post them) once I get it.

I also want to start a vlog once I get my new camera. It has a video feature so I am looking forward to using it to start a vlog. I've been quite inspired by other people's vlogs and I can't wait.

That was an awful long post considering I didn't have much to say. Well next time should include pictures and maybe (hopefully) a vlog link.

Till next time, have a magical day...

(p.s. i'm trying to think of a good sign-off if anyone has any suggestions)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter