• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Vet ..1 day at DLR

At least you have a decent chance of it cooling off in the evening in CA. No chance of that in FL in August. I'll take my chances with CA's summer heat any day over FL summer humidity.

It's been so hot this week! And it has not been cooling off when the sun goes down. I was sweating my brains out in a tank top and shorts at 10:00pm last night in DL. Unusual for us, but it is what it is. Looks to be a similar forecast for next weekend, perhaps a touch cooler than this past weekend. The plus was the crowds were relatively light. Maybe people staying away because of the heat? By about 2:00 it was getting to be a bit much.

What's the temperature? We arrive in a couple weeks I hope it cools off! Wondering if FP for Fantasmic is by BTM still? And has the FP seating for Fantasmic moved from where it was a couple years ago? (Or I should stay standing)

What's the temperature? We arrive in a couple weeks I hope it cools off! Wondering if FP for Fantasmic is by BTM still? And has the FP seating for Fantasmic moved from where it was a couple years ago? (Or I should stay standing)

It was about 90 yesterday. Friday and Saturday got up to about 100 I think.

Then do not miss Guardians of the Galaxy or RSR! The Frozen show is wonderful if you need a rest in AC. You may not want to take the time if you are more of a ride person but it's wonderful and waaaaay better than Beauty and the Beast at HS. That one, I love but needs an update badly.

Skip Monsters Inc. (not worth it unless you like super basic dark rides) - Little Mermaid (exact same as WDW without the cool queue) - Soarin' (exact same except they have kept the ending at DL rather than EP)

Another tip - look up where to pull FP's prior to getting there as they are not always right by the ride itself. For example RSR is near It's Tough to be a Bug and not the actual ride... It can be a hunt to figure it out and a waste of time if you are in a time crunch.

For some reason the heat in FL in August was not as bad as the heat in CA in July... The intensity of the sun is crazy as there are NO clouds and very little shade or AC. Bring a hat or umbrella.
Ok thanks ! Where do I find this? I have hours on 2 planes to study but I can't find a map that shows the kiosks :)

Ok thanks ! Where do I find this? I have hours on 2 planes to study but I can't find a map that shows the kiosks :)

Good question! I believe they are listed on the park map but it does not show the exact locations. I had to ask CM's if I was unable to locate one (RSR, WOC (which I never found but asked for future reference). Last year, I never really found Star Tours and I think the HM FP wasn't up and running as I did not see it either.

Good question! I believe they are listed on the park map but it does not show the exact locations. I had to ask CM's if I was unable to locate one (RSR, WOC (which I never found but asked for future reference). Last year, I never really found Star Tours and I think the HM FP wasn't up and running as I did not see it either.
RSR's FPs are near It's Tough to be a Bug, to the left as you're walking toward Cars Land.
WOC's FPs are now located near the entrance to The Little Mermaid.
Star Tours FPs are located across the walkway, in the same enclosure where the Buzz Lightyear FPs are.
HM FPs are to the left of the queue, between the queue and the train station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter