WDW Resorts on third-party booking sites

ilovetotravel1977

DIS Veteran
Does WDW offer any of their resorts on hotels.com anymore? I remember last spring when I started to plan our trip, I would find them on their periodically. Nothing recently though...

I just did a quick search and Art of Animation came up on hotels.com. You just have to play around with the dates as the first time I looked they were sold out. I believe that expedia and hotels.com are owned by the same company, so you could always look on expedia as well.

Orbitz will give you the best deal. Right now they have a code you can use to get an additional 15% off, and they offer rates the same as Disney. Was going to save me an extra $111 for a week at All-Star Movies over Disney's rate.

Orbitz will give you the best deal. Right now they have a code you can use to get an additional 15% off, and they offer rates the same as Disney. Was going to save me an extra $111 for a week at All-Star Movies over Disney's rate.
Link to Orbitz through Ebates and you earn cash back.

The rooms are showing up on Hotel.com now and if you collect Airmiles be sure to sling-shot thru that portal. You'll earn Airmiles as well as adding to your Hotel.com account!

Is it good to book with Orbitz? As flexible ss booking with Disney direct?
Used to booking with Disney and having flexibility with changing dates etc. Also having access to do fast passes and dining etc

Is it good to book with Orbitz? As flexible ss booking with Disney direct?
Used to booking with Disney and having flexibility with changing dates etc. Also having access to do fast passes and dining etc
Recent reports over on the resort threads has been that 3rd party booking sites are charging fees for ANY alteration to reservations, including cancelling so be sure you check the fine print before you commit. If you know for sure you're going to a certain resort on a certain date I would say go ahead and save the money (we did when we needed to add a single night at a value resort when our plane wasn't landing till after midnight), if you're still up in the air i would recommend using the Disney site -- no charge for modifying or cancelling, 30 days before a package stay and I'm unsure but maybe 5 days for a room only stay. If you do decide to go ahead with 3rd party I'd check and see if any of the .CA sites have opening so you can pay in CDN funds AND save the foreign transaction fee on your credit card.

You will have access to the 60 day mark for fastpasses and dining at the 180 mark since you will get a confirmation number you can put into your MDE account (also reports of mild glitches with this that need a call/email to the 3rd party). I *think* that most of those sites will NOT allow you to add the dining plan though, so if you want that you need book thru Disney.

Donald My Hero- thank you so much. Very informative I appreciate all your thoughts and advice. I like the idea of using for a 1 night add on if necessary.
Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter