WDW Resort to Port...

My point was as recently as a few months ago DCL only picked up from certain resorts (those included in land/sea). If you were at the Contemporary, you would have to get your self and your luggage to the Poly for DCL transfers. I never said you couldn't use DCL transfers if you weren't part of a land/sea package.

If they have since changed to pick up at all resorts, that is a recent and welcome change. It was mildly annoying to take a 5 minute cab ride before.

I wasn't talking about your posting, but glad to help clear that up. :)

it sounds like the DCL transfers are pretty late. From what ive heard around the boards, you may be able to board the ship as early as 11-12? If that is the case and we want to get to the port as early as we can to board early is it better to use an outside transfer service?

There are only 2 of us, so it seemed about the same price for the DCL transfers or towncar. Is it just as easy to arrive and unload your bags, drop them off, when using an outside company?

Thanks!

I assume you are using DCL transfers.

If so, your luggage will be taken by the bellman from your hotel room at about 8 am. It will go on a truck to the port and will appear in your cabin by about 6 pm (usually earlier.) Only your carry ons will go on the bus with you.

The DCL bus leaves the various hotel between 11:30 and 12:30. Each bus typically serves 3 resorts. You will get an info sheet in your room on your last day which will tell you exactly what time you need to be at the check in point for the bus. This is usually in the lobby area near the cruise desk. The CM will check off that you are there and again will verify names as you board the bus.

When you get to the port, your carry on luggage will go thru an airport sort of screening system and you will take it to your cabin with you.

Question on the luggage transfer. Can we put locks on luggage or since it's going through customs/security screening do they recommend no locks?

Question on the luggage transfer. Can we put locks on luggage or since it's going through customs/security screening do they recommend no locks?

Bags are still checked by TSA before they go on the ship, so you can use TSA approved locks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter