• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW My Magic + Welcome Package

techtony

Geektator
When we planned our first Disney Vacation 2 years ago - we received in the mail a really nice Disney box with a special Disney flash drive showing a video on how to use the magic bands, etc. It also came with a brochure specific to your hotel and a little booklet with your family name on it.

My question is this - my parents are planning their first Disney vacation for April and have reserved their room on property. Do they still mail those out?

I believe we have received two mailings in the past. A packet that comes with information about your resort and some suggestions of things you might be interested in during your stay, that is personalized. Then we also received the box of MagicBands. I can't remember what else was in the box but I have never received a flash drive before. I do think I have received emails as we got closer to our visit date that might have had a link on how to use the MagicBands.

The most we ever got was a small packet with information about the resort and the dates that we can start booking certain things like our ADRs and things like that. Then we got our box of magic bands as well and our DME package with our luggage tags.

We were there in Dec and a month before got the packet with coupons. We don't do ME so don't know about that. I think it was 20 days before we got the box with MBs and luggage tags underneath.

I also received the same package as OP 2 years ago. It included a flash drive and pertinent FP and ADR info. Also some generic info on our chosen resort (I think?) Also curious if they still do this.

I went last month and booked room only - purchased APs separately. I got a booklet with my name on it about our resort, and then a box with magic bands - no flash drive.

They don't mail the flash drives anymore. They might mail the little pamphlet but not to all.

We are visiting in March, and today I just got an envelope and letter with my reservation information on it (how many days, the cost, reservation number)...no booklet, or anything else. Last time we went (almost two years ago), we got a nice personalized small sized book with a lot of information in it about the resort, parks information and other things. It was nice. I wonder if we will get something like that the closer we get to the actual trip date, or have they stopped sending these out completely?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter