• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Military Tickets for Children

lailah

Disneymom
Hello all! I have a question. We are (the grandparents in Ohio) going to to go down and scoop up our grandson (in NC) and take him to Disneyworld for his spring break. Parents are military and can purchase him a ticket (we are annual passholders). But because he is 7, how will he be able to activate it or will he not be able to? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hello all! I have a question. We are (the grandparents in Ohio) going to to go down and scoop up our grandson (in NC) and take him to Disneyworld for his spring break. Parents are military and can purchase him a ticket (we are annual passholders). But because he is 7, how will he be able to activate it or will he not be able to? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

If you're talking about the really cheap Salute tickets, he cannot activate it. Unfortunately, the military member or spouse has to be with him. They can purchase regular Magic Your Way tickets at a discount and could even purchase them for you too. Those don't have to be activated.

Call Shades of Green ticket office and see if it's an option? His parents may have to buy the ticket and the SOG tickets are activated immediately. You would all need to be on the same MDE, I believe.

Call Shades of Green ticket office and see if it's an option? His parents may have to buy the ticket and the SOG tickets are activated immediately. You would all need to be on the same MDE, I believe.
Just a heads up, this did not work for us last year. We bought tickets from SOG and when we got to MK our bands did not work. We had to activate them and provide our IDs on the spot. I don’t know if it was a fluke, but I would not risk it.

I would be hesitant to do this as well. SoG tickets are usually activated, but if just the child has a military ticket upon entrance, it could be flagged and they might have to purchase another ticket. It wouldn't be worth the risk to me.

Unfortunately, a service member or spouse must use one of the purchased tickets.

You can get a discounted MYW ticket from the base or shades of green. Between the discount and no sales tax it'll save quite a bit

Unfortunately, a service member or spouse must use one of the purchased tickets.

This part is not technically true. It is stated this way, but they do not enforce this at all. We have, several years now, purchased 6 Salute tickets for extended family members to use at Disneyland. Most often, for my sister, her husband and kids, my MIL, and my best friend who visits from out of state. DH is active duty and our nuclear family has APs, but we buy these for visiting family and friends every year. It has never been an issue as long as either myself or DH accompanies them on their first use of the ticket, per the rules.

In the OP's situation, though, the child cannot use the ticket unless mom or dad scans in on the first use as well, since only active duty memner OR spouse can be the sponsor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter