WDW in August

markmcalear

Mouseketeer
I am headed to WDW on 15th August 2014. I am wondering how busy it is? I will be there for 2 weeks.

In UK, our kids go back to school around Sep 4th, what dates do US schools typically start up again after the summer?

How long are you staying?

I was there this year the week before the 15th and everything was fine, I was there 7 days and had no problem doing everything I wanted.

At the minute I am booked until August 29th but depending on flight prices at the end of September (the earliest I can book for August 2014) I may extend by a few days.

At the minute I am booked until August 29th but depending on flight prices at the end of September (the earliest I can book for August 2014) I may extend by a few days.

You shouldn't have to worry about anything. I'd say the majority of schooling will have already started by then too.

I am headed to WDW on 15th August 2014. I am wondering how busy it is? I will be there for 2 weeks.

In UK, our kids go back to school around Sep 4th, what dates do US schools typically start up again after the summer?

We are doing August 13-29 this year and so far it has been as busy as July. We are expecting next week to be a lot quieter.

We are doing August 13-29 this year and so far it has been as busy as July. We are expecting next week to be a lot quieter.
Agreed. We checked in on the 16th and it has been very busy. Busier than last year. On Monday the crowds start to ease up.

I have done mid August trips in 08, 10, and 12, crowd levels were never an issue. It will get lighter as your trip goes on and it sounds like you'll have enough time to enjoy everything. Of course, I tend to follow the crowd calendar recommendations on Touring Plans and Easy WDW so I'm sure that helps. But that time in August is certainly going to be less crowded than any other time in the summer.:cool1:

We are just leaving today. We arrived on Monday the 19th. The assumption was that it wouldn't be very busy, but it felt almost as busy as our trip in April during school vacation. It definitely was not the lower crowd levels I was hoping for.

We went 3rd week last August and it was totally manageable. From all reports it does seem that there were more crowds this year. I wonder if it is due to more of Fantasyland being open. Last year only Dumbo and Barnstormer were finished. People must have postponed trips until this summer when more attractions were open.

We did 2 August trips in a row 2009 & 2010 always just after value season II began with FD. Crowds were never a problem, except when waiting for buses in the full sun at AsM & POP. Parks and H2O Parks were busy, but not crazy. I would do it again instead of pre-February school vacation. Sounds like this year has been busy for most of the summer, not sure how that will play out next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter