• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW for Couples: Favorite things

craedaisy12

Mouseketeer
Oct 2014 I went on my first couples trip with my then fiance. Before that it was always with my family in a large group. My favorite thing about a couple trip is how easy it was to move around the parks and how carefree it was. Also easy to get on rides when they ask for 2 (my family groups was always 6 or more!)

I'm excited to do both this October.. Planned our 1st anniversary trip for two weeks! Our first week will just be my husband and I and my family comes down during our second week.

What are your favorite things about going to the parks as a couple?

Last edited:
There are certain rides that work better as a couple, such as 2 people in a Doom Buggy, than others such as a space Mt. But I think where you'll see the bigger differences in travelling as a couple than with a big group is most different in the dining and how much time you can spend dawdling.
As a couple, you can more eat where and when you want and not have to take into account a lot of people's tastes and preferences. Or you can watch the Japanese drummers twice if that is what you want without having to worry about tying up the group. The less people, the easier it is to travel at your own pace and to adjust the pace as frequently as you want.
As a couple, we like Epcot and the WS and some of the restaurants. A few of the dining places at the resorts also such as Boma.

My favorite thing about a couple trip is how easy it was to move around the parks and how carefree it was.

Yes yes yes! I know going to WDW with family or children is special in its own way, but I enjoy going with just my DH because we can be as structure or spontaneous as we want. We really enjoy people watching, walking around the resorts to look at the decor, riding the monorail for a quick break, or randomly deciding to hit up a new bar or lounge. I know one of the best things we ever did was at CBR - rented a paddleboat and enjoyed the lake. Just the two of us. Simply amazing.

There are certain rides that work better as a couple, such as 2 people in a Doom Buggy, than others such as a space Mt. But I think where you'll see the bigger differences in travelling as a couple than with a big group is most different in the dining and how much time you can spend dawdling.

this is awesome! i like the 2 person line when getting onto toy story mania too!!

I also like that you can try things. You can talk about and do things that each want to do as well as things as a couple.

Yes yes yes! I know going to WDW with family or children is special in its own way, but I enjoy going with just my DH because we can be as structure or spontaneous as we want. We really enjoy people watching, walking around the resorts to look at the decor, riding the monorail for a quick break, or randomly deciding to hit up a new bar or lounge. I know one of the best things we ever did was at CBR - rented a paddleboat and enjoyed the lake. Just the two of us. Simply amazing.
I'm more of a structured person, where as my fiance is wanting to do more of a spontaneous trip. Combining the two can be hard, but fun all at the same time! I'm thinking the only solid plans we'll have is our dining reservations.

I'm more of a structured person, where as my fiance is wanting to do more of a spontaneous trip. Combining the two can be hard, but fun all at the same time! I'm thinking the only solid plans we'll have is our dining reservations.

my husband doesn't like having a set schedule.. i book our fast passes at a good space apart if i can or all in the afternoon so we can have the morning free to do as we like then have our must do's ready for us later.. or get some must do's done in the morning and be able to enjoy them later also with little wait. we will be deciding on our dining ressies this saturday together... staying two weeks and will plan about 4 or 5 of them

my husband doesn't like having a set schedule.. i book our fast passes at a good space apart if i can or all in the afternoon so we can have the morning free to do as we like then have our must do's ready for us later.. or get some must do's done in the morning and be able to enjoy them later also with little wait. we will be deciding on our dining ressies this saturday together... staying two weeks and will plan about 4 or 5 of them
My fiance is a morning guy, so I know for him the mornings will be when we'll doing a lot of touring. I'm hoping for the afternoons we can rest, go check out different resort bars (hello Trader Sams!), and various other things (like mini golf)...

For myself, the only things I want planned is our dining, like I've mentioned before. Otherwise, everything else is fair game!

*Using the single rider line to get in a second go at our favorite rides
*Coffee and snack breaks mid-morning
*Stopping for a rest and a cocktail in the afternoon, either in the parks or at the resort or at the pool
*Taking our time at meals to enjoying the food and atmosphere of our favorite table service restaurants

And, in general, just how relaxing it is to tour with another adult. It's easy to make decisions about what to do and we can change our minds and plans without having to worry about keeping anyone else happy.

If I think of one (among so many) romantic moment DH and I had was a few years ago: it was during Food and Wine Festival (Epcot), around 10 PM... We were taking a slow walk, while eating hors d'oeuvres and drinking champagne. It was amazing. :love:

Monorail loop cocktail quest is fun, sampling drinks at Epcot, Boardwalk clubs at night, golf, resort day. All things we couldn't do when our kids were with us.

As for the parks, nothing has really changed. Other than it's certainly more leisurely, and I did tend to just enjoy being there. Taking in the sights, sounds, etc. Other than FP+ and ADR every day, we had no other plans. Just did what we felt like, because my DH doesn't like to have everything planned out every minute either. Yet, I was still able to ride everything I wanted, usually more than once.

We only did TSMM once last time, with FP+, so I didn't know this was a thing! Is it always a thing? Is it a lot quicker?! :)
well you wait in the regular line. after you pick up your glasses before you head to the stairs to be loaded there are two sides to the stairs.. the left side is the main line the right they usually send 2 people to help fill up the cars better. Im not sure if they do it every time but it helps us get on quicker!

I love the late nights at the MK and Trader Sam's. Couple massages, special events at food and wine, jelly rolls, late nights at DD.

We enjoy strolling along the walkway between HS and the Boardwalk. On a busy day, you might in-counter 2-3 other couples, otherwise its just you and your significant other all alone in the middle of WDW for 20-30 minutes.

We love going to Mexico for Margaritas and strolling through the Food and Wine Festival. We also enjoy separating the day with pool time at the resort. Booking late evening dinners, gives us a chance to enjoy the evening at a park and/or visit a different resort to check it out. Riding the monorail to taste drinks at the different resorts can be a lot of laughs too. We love meeting new people in lines. It's our goal in life to make people smile daily.

Reading all these threads is making me wish our trip was longer! DH and I are going for our first anniversary in October also! I took him for his first Disney vacation in 2014, little did I know he was taking ME on our engagement trip! I agree...it is so nice having only two of you, especially someone you're used to doing life with already. We took a break mid-day in the hotel room with room service pizza and some alone time to refresh. I love that we can plan our meals for any time of the day (perk of no kids yet), so our anniversary dinner will be at 9:30 this trip! We LOVED Downtown Disney last trip, it was a good "taste" the night we got in before the parks the next day. Very much looking forward to F&W Festival this October!

We're doing the same as you in late Oct/early Nov...first week just us two, second week with the kids & extended family. We can't wait! You must try Jelly Rolls on the Boardwalk. It's the best!! Literally, the best dueling piano bar I have ever been to & I've been to a ton across the country. We're going Halloween for their Halloween Party. Also, take time to enjoy Food & Wine. One weekday skip breakfast & get to the WS by 10:45am- some booths open early. You'll be able to enjoy the booths with no lines. We always go during F&WF and this strategy gets us to taste everything we want in two mornings with no waiting on any lines. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter