WDW -Disability Access Service (DAS) - ARCHIVED THREAD; no longer vslid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! That helps a lot.

So for LWTL there's no longer a wheelchair specific queue? Are those in wheelchairs automatically sent into the FP+ queue?

So far it looks like JC, IASW and SE are the only attractions where FP+ or DAS won't be usable and we have to wait and see once PP opens to find out about that one. I guess my only outstanding ones are Turtle Talk and the question about shows.

Thank you! That helps a lot.

So for LWTL there's no longer a wheelchair specific queue? Are those in wheelchairs automatically sent into the FP+ queue?

So far it looks like JC, IASW and SE are the only attractions where FP+ or DAS won't be usable and we have to wait and see once PP opens to find out about that one. I guess my only outstanding ones are Turtle Talk and the question about shows.

The FP+ queue at LWTL is both for w/c, FP+ and DAS returns. I don't know if they are sent automatically or given return times then that's where they return to?? Twice we've gone on LWTL when there was a 5 minute wait. Each time we were sent the same way as before the changes and FP+ people went the same way; which was odd because it was longer going around that way then straight on the ride as they were loading the standby??

Thanks again! This will help with my planning. I've got a month before doing my FP+ selections so I'm starting to think about my touring plans and this kind of info makes a big difference.

JC, IASW, SE and LWTL is my current list of attractions where FP+ and DAS can't be used if you've got a mobility device.

What about the boat ride in Mexico? I seem to remember a wc entrance there as well.

Also, does anyone know if they are issuing return times for the wc only entrances, or they are just letting you enter the queue? Or does it depend?

Looking over the last few pages, I'm really surprised to learn that they hand write the return times the old-fashioned way instead of using some kind of machine stamp. It's almost like they're inviting unscrupulous people to write their own times in. How many billions of dollars have they spent on the NextGen initiative, and we're doing this with pens and paper like it's 1975?

You're welcome!

It's been a few weeks since we ride the boat in Mexico. It was the same as usual for w/c.

Thought of another? BTMRR? If you have a FP will they just send you to the exit? Will the CM at the exit then let you right on or give you a return time?

This whole thing is too confusing!

So we are looking at FP+ booking for Small World. Our DS is in a WC and needs that boat. Do does it make sense for FP+ return ? Did the add a third line to SW: 1 for WC, FP and stand by?

We're confused in our planning! HELP!

Looking over the last few pages, I'm really surprised to learn that they hand write the return times the old-fashioned way instead of using some kind of machine stamp. It's almost like they're inviting unscrupulous people to write their own times in. How many billions of dollars have they spent on the NextGen initiative, and we're doing this with pens and paper like it's 1975?
We were at WDW for 2 weeks, coming home on 11/9
They were writing in return timed, but most attractions were using different color pens. Not all the same color and not just black or blue.

I think the eventual plan is to use Magicbands. I don't know, but think they might have moved forward more quickly than they planned to because there were a lot of things leaked.
So we are looking at FP+ booking for Small World. Our DS is in a WC and needs that boat. Do does it make sense for FP+ return ? Did the add a third line to SW: 1 for WC, FP and stand by?

We're confused in our planning! HELP!
I had to get back to the 'work world' when we got back from vacation, so I didn't get to make a trip report.

Small World's line is the same for wheelchairs as before. What they did for Fastpass (as far as I could see) was just re-arranged the queues used by ambulatory guests.

The one thing we noticed about Small World was that the wait in the wheelchair line was much shorter than we have seen it before and it was only people using mobility devices. Previously, sometimes more than half of the people waiting there did not have mobility devices. I think they were probably not sending people with DAS Return Times to the accessible line.

We were at WDW for 2 weeks, coming home on 11/9 They were writing in return timed, but most attractions were using different color pens. Not all the same color and not just black or blue. I think the eventual plan is to use Magicbands. I don't know, but think they might have moved forward more quickly than they planned to because there were a lot of things leaked. I had to get back to the 'work world' when we got back from vacation, so I didn't get to make a trip report. Small World's line is the same for wheelchairs as before. What they did for Fastpass (as far as I could see) was just re-arranged the queues used by ambulatory guests. The one thing we noticed about Small World was that the wait in the wheelchair line was much shorter than we have seen it before and it was only people using mobility devices. Previously, sometimes more than half of the people waiting there did not have mobility devices. I think they were probably not sending people with DAS Return Times to the accessible line.

SO. --/and can others confirm that using a FP+ for small world would be a waste because there is no difference for a WC????

PLEASE AND THANKS on behalf of our DS.

SO. --/and can others confirm that using a FP+ for small world would be a waste because there is no difference for a WC????

PLEASE AND THANKS on behalf of our DS.
FP+ for Small World would make no difference for a guest using a wheelchair.

There is only one line that is wheelchair accessible and it is the same line as previously. That line is too narrow to add another lane for FP+ wheelchair access and the other space in the area is the exit ramp.

This picture shows the wheelchair ramp to board Small World on the left side of the picture and the exit ramp on the right.
PA130085.JPG

Neither are big enough to add another lane.

My understanding is that the Fire Marshall required the wheelchair/accessible boarding and unload area to be on the same side of the water - toward the outside.

FP+ for Small World would make no difference for a guest using a wheelchair. There is only one line that is wheelchair accessible and it is the same line as previously. That line is too narrow to add another lane for FP+ wheelchair access and the other space in the area is the exit ramp. This picture shows the wheelchair ramp to board Small World on the left side of the picture and the exit ramp on the right. Neither are big enough to add another lane. My understanding is that the Fire Marshall required the wheelchair/accessible boarding and unload area to be on the same side of the water - toward the outside.

Thank you very much! Just as we thought.

With a DAS you go to the attraction and get a return time. For example it is now 11am, return time is 12:30. You return at 12:30 and then have to wait another 30 minutes on the ramp (wheelchair accessible line)?

With a DAS you go to the attraction and get a return time. For example it is now 11am, return time is 12:30. You return at 12:30 and then have to wait another 30 minutes on the ramp (wheelchair accessible line)?
This is what happened to us the couple of times we rode TSM.

For example, it is now 11 am. Wait time in the Standby line was 60 minutes.
We were given a Return Time of 11:50

Both times we returned, the wait time on the ramp was short. One time, there was a group (one group) waiting ahead of us when we got there. They got on the accessible car when it came around (a few minutes) and when it came back around, we got on. So we waited about 1 and 1/2 ride cycles.
The other time, the ramp and the boarding area were empty. The CMs said that the accessible ride car had just left, so we had to wait one ride cycle for it to come back. They did 'call' a regular ride car and pull 2 groups ( a total of 8 people) from behind us to board since they did not need the accessible ride car.

This was different than our other trips - we are used to waiting on the ramp for 30 minutes or so at times. That didn't happen on this trip (October 25-November 9, 2013).
The accessible lines for all attractions were shorter waits than we were used to. I don't know if this was just coincidence or was connected to the DAS changes, but it was pretty consistent.

This is what happened to us the couple of times we rode TSM.

For example, it is now 11 am. Wait time in the Standby line was 60 minutes.
We were given a Return Time of 11:50

Both times we returned, the wait time on the ramp was short. One time, there was a group (one group) waiting ahead of us when we got there. They got on the accessible car when it came around (a few minutes) and when it came back around, we got on. So we waited about 1 and 1/2 ride cycles.
The other time, the ramp and the boarding area were empty. The CMs said that the accessible ride car had just left, so we had to wait one ride cycle for it to come back. They did 'call' a regular ride car and pull 2 groups ( a total of 8 people) from behind us to board since they did not need the accessible ride car.

This was different than our other trips - we are used to waiting on the ramp for 30 minutes or so at times. That didn't happen on this trip (October 25-November 9, 2013).
The accessible lines for all attractions were shorter waits than we were used to. I don't know if this was just coincidence or was connected to the DAS changes, but it was pretty consistent.

That was not the case today. The line was all the way back to the u turn in the line.

I just wanted to update that again when we went to renew YDD's DAS that we were asked why she needed the accommodations. This is prior to the CM even looking at the card or looking her up in the system. And she only had 3 slots filled in on the back for the 2 weeks so still not an overuse of the card.

Maybe because she looks just fine they feel the need to ask but having to re qualify every 2 weeks isn't how it is supposed to work and I really try to not discuss her issues in front of her because she gets upset. She's to the point that she knows people judge her for her behavior but unfortunately that doesn't cure the issues. I guess it is time to write up a note about her needs and just bring it with me when we renew her card.

And we didn't need everyone with us, they just asked if we were still a party of 6 and that was that. So that seems to be a YMMV thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter