WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Reviewing UGuide and it advises the parks often open earlier than listed time. Does this still run true now, during Covid? We are early birds and happy to be at parks early if it’s worth it. Thanks!
Merged you to the existing thread
The parks are opening about 45 minutes before official time

My DS took a bus from CSR to HS on Friday.

I'm glad they got busses going from CBR to HS again. When we were there in Oct, they refused to do this even though the lines for Skyliner were stupid long, delaying anyone from getting to HS before rope drop. I angry tweeted at the Disney Parks account, surely fixing the problem. ;-)

I'm glad they got busses going from CBR to HS again.
The poster you quoted mentioned taking a bus from CSR (Coronado Springs Resort) to DHS. I don't believe there has been any recent change to busing/skyliner at CBR (Caribbean Beach Resort).

Since this is the official covid thread, I figured I should ask this question here. How many reports have people heard of someone getting covid at Disney? I’m starting to get a little worried for my 10 full days there with people reporting in various places that it doesn’t feel as safe anymore.

Since this is the official covid thread, I figured I should ask this question here. How many reports have people heard of someone getting covid at Disney? I’m starting to get a little worried for my 10 full days there with people reporting in various places that it doesn’t feel as safe anymore.

it’s crowded but it’s a pandemic and you’re going to a theme park with increased capacity I didn’t feel unsafe at all.

I just wanted to mention our experience from last week. Disney transportation didn't start running until 30 minutes before scheduled opening... which makes it difficult for getting there 45 minutes before when the parks actually open. We also saw fewer rides open at that 45 min before opening mark than we did in Sept. In Sept, there were a ton of rides open 45 min before official opening, this trip, not so much. Things were opening pretty close to opening.

I’m planning on using lynx buses on my January trip to get to the parks early because they have set times every day. I’ll report how that goes

Does anyone know if parks hit capacity and we leave for a midday break, could we be blocked from returning?

Sorry if this was answered already but I tried searching this thread but couldn’t find an answer!

Does anyone know if parks hit capacity and we leave for a midday break, could we be blocked from returning?

Sorry if this was answered already but I tried searching this thread but couldn’t find an answer!
I dont know the answer to that but my thought would be that they hit capacity with the park reservations and if you ha ve one you should be able to come and go as you please because they won't add more park reservations

Hi, I can't answer your portion of the question about how many people have heard of someone getting Covid at Disney, but reply with my experience of how it felt to be there. *All opinion, and all relative of course. I was there with my family from Nov. 20 - Nov. 29th and we attended all of the parks, and used the bus system from the Boardwalk to MK and AK (we stayed at the Boardwalk, so was able to walk to the other 2 parks; therefore our need for mass transportation was greatly reduced, which helped). There were a few times we had to remind guests behind us to mind their queue line, and we also found that people didn't understand that throughout the queues that there were large gaps between the foot markers to accommodate for distance WIDTH-wise. People seem to have been of the mindset that 6ft apart only works from front-to-back, and therefore didn't mind large gaps in markers that were clearly spaced far apart with the intent to keep people in the queues at a distance width-wise as well. People we encountered were super friendly and with intent to be mindful. The hub at the MK got so busy in the evening when projection was turned onto the castle, they might as well just have hosted a fireworks show in my opinion. There also was not enough cast members staffed for crowd control. We found ourselves doing much of our own "line maintenance" work.

The most unsafe I felt was definitely at the pool areas. It was like the wild-wild-west in the pool and hot tub areas.

It was busy, but honestly everyone we came across in the parks and on buses wore masks and there were hand sanitizing stations just about everywhere we looked, and I didn't feel any less safe there than I do at our local Walmart these days. We are from Poughkeepsie, NY and traveled via plane. I just tested negatively out of quarantine and honestly have no regrets about going to DW during the pandemic. We had a very enjoyable time, masks and all.

The most unsafe I felt was definitely at the pool areas. It was like the wild-wild-west in the pool and hot tub areas.
Our experience is a bit old as we last went before capacity was raised to 35%, but we always used the quiet pool during a mid day break at our resort and found it to be far far less chaotic and much more enjoyable than the feature pool.

this is the official covid OPERATIONAL thread, meaning to discuss changes in operations by WDW.
There are several covid threads in the community board
That said I visit the parks 2 to 3 times a week and have yet to find myself in a situation where I can't social distance, there are some chocking points but you move fast through them, less than 5 minutes
Feeling of safety is a personal thing, what might feel safe to one will be unsafe to others so it's all very subjective.
Just watch videos, live streams and read reports and decide for yourself
As far as Disney covid cases I can only tell you, I visit often, my DD works at Disney, my son works at theme parks and other entertainment venues in Orlando and none of us have had it but know people who have had it and not from the theme parks but from family gatherings

this is the official covid OPERATIONAL thread, meaning to discuss changes in operations by WDW.
There are several covid threads in the community board
That said I visit the parks 2 to 3 times a week and have yet to find myself in a situation where I can't social distance, there are some chocking points but you move fast through them, less than 5 minutes
Feeling of safety is a personal thing, what might feel safe to one will be unsafe to others so it's all very subjective.
Just watch videos, live streams and read reports and decide for yourself
As far as Disney covid cases I can only tell you, I visit often, my DD works at Disney, my son works at theme parks and other entertainment venues in Orlando and none of us have had it but know people who have had it and not from the theme parks but from family gatherings
Maybe it's time to clean up the thread title to better explain what is being discussed here. Calling it the "WDW Operational thread (since reopening)" might be better than referring to Covid; I think we can all figure out what "reopening" refers to. I also think it would be better to say "Park Reservation System" than just Reservation System. There are still ADRs, and those are reservations, although discussed elsewhere, not here. I assume a moderator can make changes to thread titles.

In case you consider the above to be criticism (and perhaps it is), let me say that I think you and the other moderators do a good job, for which we're grateful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter