WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Would someone clarify for me:

we have a resort hotel and tickets. We have been debating add a day to our tickets. Stay for this October

do I fall in the June 28th I could potentially add that day or “later this summer”?

Not a deal breaker, but we only have 3 days and we were gonna add a hopper to get to see all 4 parks. Now debating adding a 4th day ticket and changing our flights to leave late on our last day so we can see the 4th park before we fly home.

I wonder if they will be getting rid of the biometric scan too. I would love that! My poor little girl can never remember which finger to use lol.

I hope they do. My gf's medication causes her hand tremors as a side effect and it always takes us a while (sometimes with people getting testy behind us, which only makes it worse!). More often than not a CM has to come with the ipad.

Do we know how the RFID for photo pass works with the KTTW cards? I didn't think they had the chip. Will the phone pick it up? I always make sure we have 1 new MB with us on rides to the AP PP photos. We have limited edition bands that we normally wear, but at some point, the batteries will die in those, and they will only work for park entry, room, and FP.

"By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets."

My understanding of this is that on June 28th, everyone can make hotel reservations, purchase tickets, and make park reservations for 2021 stays. The package part is interesting. Hopefully, they will allow room only hotel reservations and separate tickets. Otherwise, you have to buy a ticketless package if you don't want tickets tied to a package. I think/am hoping they are saying package to try to make people think they have to get packages. I am curious how far into 2021 they will be going, maybe only up to the September date.

Since the dining plan is no longer available, it would appear the "ticketless package" (room and dining), does not exist currently. If someone wants a room-only and needs it to qualify as a "package" they could try to ask for a "Basic Package" which is a room-only under package terms and conditions. I'm hoping that is the work-around if they are not allowing room-only reservations. It remains to be seen if Disney is really going to make people purchase room and ticket "packages" in order to make park reservations. I'm hoping the answer is no as there are so many people with AP's or stand-alone tickets that have been extended into 2021 who simply only need a room. I would think they would want to encourage those people to book a room on-property. By only offering packages with tickets or stand-alone tickets, it's almost an invitation for those who already have tickets to book off-site if they don't have a WDW resort booking option.

Do we know how the RFID for photo pass works with the KTTW cards? I didn't think they had the chip. Will the phone pick it up? I always make sure we have 1 new MB with us on rides to the AP PP photos. We have limited edition bands that we normally wear, but at some point, the batteries will die in those, and they will only work for park entry, room, and FP.

"By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets."

My understanding of this is that on June 28th, everyone can make hotel reservations, purchase tickets, and make park reservations for 2021 stays. The package part is interesting. Hopefully, they will allow room only hotel reservations and separate tickets. Otherwise, you have to buy a ticketless package if you don't want tickets tied to a package. I think/am hoping they are saying package to try to make people think they have to get packages. I am curious how far into 2021 they will be going, maybe only up to the September date.
I am not sure about photopass, but i know i can use muy ap card to scan for photos

If I make park reservations Monday- have resort reservations and aps and the person I am going with gets sick and cannot go, can I switch the name. I know it's not a problem on my resort reservation but I have another friend with an ap who could go. I guess the question is- is the park reservation firmly linked to one ticket or can it be transferred.
I mean they skip the whole trip- they can't get time off work, can't get on the plane, etc.

On Disney’s website. Under: Introducing the Disney park pass system: it lists 4 steps. Under step 3: Select a date and park: it says to select a date, a theme park and a TIME? We have to say now what time we will be there? Will we have a limited time?! Not the whole day? Can’t we leave for a break and return to the same park?

I hate hate having to reserve a park in advance as I usually decide on the day or day before what I want to do. I also never rope drop and go when I feel like it, so I hope I don't have to choose a time and stick to it. If they're flexible and I can reserve for a 10am entry, but I'm allowed to arrive later, I can deal with that.

Not sure standby only line for RotR is less stressful, esp considering its reliability

Wasn't aware that the attraction was breaking down a lot. Regardless, if all I have to do is show up as early as possible and get on line then that works just fine for me.

I hate hate having to reserve a park in advance as I usually decide on the day or day before what I want to do. I also never rope drop and go when I feel like it, so I hope I don't have to choose a time and stick to it. If they're flexible and I can reserve for a 10am entry, but I'm allowed to arrive later, I can deal with that.
I'm guessing the times are to provide a staggered entry rather than everyone showing up early. We will see Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter