WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

A CM told me it is partially related to eliminating touch points. If you have any existing reservations to stay at a Disney property, MBs can still be ordered this year. The bands will continue to be available for purchase by anyone.
I wonder if they will be getting rid of the biometric scan too. I would love that! My poor little girl can never remember which finger to use lol.

Tech/Crash issues aside because that is a different situation, am I the only one who isn’t very worried about Monday. Each individual is only completing with people who have resorts reservations and tickets for the exact same days you are staying. Since AP only people and other groups are excluded seems like they people booking on Monday 6/22 really isn’t that large and that’s assuming everyone knows they have to do this.

I also agree with @GADisneyDad14 that I think people are overestimating the demand and view these boards as a whole not a small slice of the population

This is a very good point and I hadn’t thought about that. Most 2021 people don’t have tickets yet and they (or their TA’s) will need to call and add them before they can reserve park days.

And since on Monday all others have to have a resort reservation it may not be any more traffic than a normal ADR or FastPass day. This eases my mind some.

Phew, finally caught up with all the craziness. Here's my confusion. The official information says that if I decide to keep my current AP that a month will be added to the pass and will automatically show up in October. Problem is, our passes expire 9/5. So will our extension be until 10/5?

We have an offsite trip scheduled for 9/13-9/19. If our current APs are going to cover that trip we might still take a chance and go even with only being able to reserve 3 park days. If we are going to have to use our AP renewal vouchers (already in our account) for this trip I might not bother going at this point and just upgrade the vouchers to new passes before our next trip. (whenever that ends up being)

There's a new DPB post with some somewhat vague info about available attractions for the reopening. It mentions a few specific attractions in each park, but doesn't provide a full list of what will be available. Can't help but wonder about the things that are not mentioned, in particular Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...d-reopening-of-walt-disney-world-theme-parks/

it also doesn't hurt the environment , I'm all for it, you don't know how many MB get tossed everyday because people lose them in the parks

Do we know how the RFID for photo pass works with the KTTW cards? I didn't think they had the chip. Will the phone pick it up? I always make sure we have 1 new MB with us on rides to the AP PP photos. We have limited edition bands that we normally wear, but at some point, the batteries will die in those, and they will only work for park entry, room, and FP.

I talk to DVC MS this am. They stated you would not be able to add tickets on the 24th, that was only converting a cash hotel reservation into a package. But I am not even sure you are good on the 28th. Buying new stand alone tickets in available "later this summer".

"By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets."

My understanding of this is that on June 28th, everyone can make hotel reservations, purchase tickets, and make park reservations for 2021 stays. The package part is interesting. Hopefully, they will allow room only hotel reservations and separate tickets. Otherwise, you have to buy a ticketless package if you don't want tickets tied to a package. I think/am hoping they are saying package to try to make people think they have to get packages. I am curious how far into 2021 they will be going, maybe only up to the September date.

There's a new DPB post with some somewhat vague info about available attractions for the reopening. It mentions a few specific attractions in each park, but doesn't provide a full list of what will be available. Can't help but wonder about the things that are not mentioned, in particular Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...d-reopening-of-walt-disney-world-theme-parks/

That list isn't remotely comprehensive. I think they are just listing things that they know people like. It wasn't even really a list. Kali and Splash could be closed though. They often close Kali due to low crowds. Splash might be closed while they consider if it should be remade and due to low crowds.

That list isn't remotely comprehensive. I think they are just listing things that they know people like. It wasn't even really a list. Kali and Splash could be closed though. They often close Kali due to low crowds. Splash might be closed while they consider if it should be remade and due to low crowds.
Kali and Splash are both going to be open.

The full lists are available on MDE.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! COP, Tiki, Sorcerers, Riverboat, and Railroad are closed!!!! I guess I could see Tiki and COP, and possibly Sorcerers. But the riverboat and the railroad. Maybe the railroad is due to the construction still. However, the riverboat is outside. They are willing to cram people onto a tiny Tom Sawyer raft but not onto the giant riverboat!! My son is going to be heartbroken. Heck, I'm heartbroken. I have never missed some of these on my trips. Luckily, I have planned to bring some card games to play in the room in case we start twiddling our thumbs.

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! COP, Tiki, Sorcerers, Riverboat, and Railroad are closed!!!! I guess I could see Tiki and COP, and possibly Sorcerers. But the riverboat and the railroad. Maybe the railroad is due to the construction still. However, the riverboat is outside. They are willing to cram people onto a tiny Tom Sawyer raft but not onto the giant riverboat!! My son is going to be heartbroken. Heck, I'm heartbroken. I have never missed some of these on my trips. Luckily, I have planned to bring some card games to play in the room in case we start twiddling our thumbs.
COP and Tiki are both listed as open (bottom of the list)

I was told that I was fine to make park reservations on Monday with my park hoppers and then calling at a later time to switch to regular tickets. It would not mess up the reservations I already made.
That's a different question because your ticket for the reservation is being modified, probably as part of the same package tickets. But, what if you decide to make reservations with your package tickets, but then decide to purchase APs and drop the package tickets (for example, if you decide to add a trip and want to make reservations for more than one trip)? Or you make reservations with non-expiring tickets and then you decide when they reopen sales that you want to purchase other tickets and save the non-expiring tickets? So, my question is, is your reservation tied to *a* ticket or to your profile?

COP and Tiki are both listed as open (bottom of the list)

I don't see any attractions on the link you listed. When I go to MDE and look at the attractions for the park for 7/13, COP and Tiki don't have a schedule, which usually indicates that they are closed. To which list are you referring?

The link that JETSDAD posted shows COP, Riverboat and Tiki open.

If I make park reservations Monday- have resort reservations and aps and the person I am going with gets sick and cannot go, can I switch the name. I know it's not a problem on my resort reservation but I have another friend with an ap who could go. I guess the question is- is the park reservation firmly linked to one ticket or can it be transferred.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter