WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I am extremely behind on this, sorry. So to be clear, if I have 3 people on a DVC reservation, 2 have APs and one has no ticket, I can’t make park reservations for all of us and I can’t buy the 3rd person a ticket until some future date, correct?

I’m just now getting caught up. Perhaps this is obvious and I’m being dense, but what exactly is the reason for the park reservation system opening now for folks so far out (9/26/21)? I knew it would be around for awhile/forever, but figured there would be a smaller window out for the moment. What am I missing? Disney just ripping off the band aid and getting everyone up and running on this new setup?
I think it’s easier (and makes people happier) to loosen restrictions than make them more strict.

So, have strict restrictions in place through summer 2021, and loosen them if possible. That way, people get good news rather than bad news.

A resort reservation using DVC points should qualify to make park reservations on Monday, correct? I have an active AP and BW reservation on points in July, but I haven’t received any emails that others have had regarding the park reservation system. Just worried that they don’t consider a DVC points reservation as a resort reservation.

I think it’s easier (and makes people happier) to loosen restrictions than make them more strict.

So, have strict restrictions in place through summer 2021, and loosen them if possible. That way, people get good news rather than bad news.
I think the pp's concern was not about how long the restrictions are needed, but rather about flooding the system with over a year's worth of people making reservations all at once Monday morning rather than rolling this out first for July reservations, then August, etc. System's totally going to be crash city.

A resort reservation using DVC points should qualify to make park reservations on Monday, correct? I have an active AP and BW reservation on points in July, but I haven’t received any emails that others have had regarding the park reservation system. Just worried that they don’t consider a DVC points reservation as a resort reservation.
Is it linked in your MDE? Resort has to be linked in MDE to be eligible.

Yes...as long as the people in your reservation all have tickets and everything is linked in MDE. You are set!

I have DVC points reservation for July and received the email. They definitely count.

Yes it’s linked
You should be okay then. I didn't get a ton of the emails others here said they were getting in the last few weeks, but just got one for this update. I think their email list system is glitchy.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that once the initial early wave gets their spots, I suspect longer term availability under this system is going to be quite easy. Obviously the devil will be in park capacity numbers, but putting that aside for a second, overall WDW demand outside of us fans that hang around these kind of boards has to be absurdly off right now (IMO), even factoring in pent-up demand and us loyal fans.

I’m just now getting caught up. Perhaps this is obvious and I’m being dense, but what exactly is the reason for the park reservation system opening now for folks so far out (9/26/21)? I knew it would be around for awhile/forever, but figured there would be a smaller window out for the moment. What am I missing? Disney just ripping off the band aid and getting everyone up and running on this new setup?
The future state has park reservations made when you buy a ticket. Right now, though, they have all sorts of tickets already purchased that need park reservations. It was probably complicated enough for them to program it to check for a resort reservation, much less dates, when you include APs. So they are just letting it loose on Monday and it will sort itself out. At least that is what I think.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that once the initial early wave gets their spots, I suspect longer term availability under this system is going to be quite easy. Obviously the devil will be in park capacity numbers, but putting that aside for a second, overall WDW demand outside of us fans that hang around these kind of boards has to be absurdly off right now (IMO), even factoring in pent-up demand and us loyal fans.
And most people probably aren't even aware they need to make reservations until/unless they get an email from Disney. I still haven't received anything from them.

My problem is I have a 5 day PH for Dec. I was planning on MVMCP as one of my MK days but with them not sure they are doing it, what do I choose for parks. And can I change my mind later if they don't have MVMCP? I was also considering changing the trip to April but this is so confusing, I can't see me trying to change the trip to April. I'll keep my Dec trip and hopefully, end this wretched year on a good note.

Explain, please. Do you really think my guests will get a shot at buying tickets for mid August or should they tell the kids they aren't going to Disney now?

Explain, please. Do you really think my guests will get a shot at buying tickets for mid August or should they tell the kids they aren't going to Disney now?
I have read so much info its all running together now, but I thought I read you would be able to buy tickets if you had a resort reservation.

Well I don't know the answer to that of course, those without tickets for trips that close are obviously a question mark and have reason for concern. I was more meaning the park reservation itself with my comment more than anything (as an AP, I'm guilty of taking for granted the ticket part of the equation).

But overall I suspect we (the general we) tend to overestimate theme park demand right now, so I am curious to see just how "maxed out" reservations, tickets, etc really are when we get past the initial rush.

Well this was a fun 4 page read! I’ll just be sitting pretty with a nice pot of coffee Sunday night, not sleeping of course. Meh, I have 3 movies on Netflix to watch and the Politician season 2 just came out so I’m set:coffee: Glad my summer break just started!
I’ll be trying for all 4 parks over our 4 day vacation, so let’s hope. Then somehow I’ll be waiting for the AP preview(I need the 10th!) as well as the ability to make ADRs for our July 19-22 trip.
Friday was certainly a crazy day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter