WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Same here!
Ditto! Now I’m just hoping WE don’t get sick before we go. Check in April 8th. Living one hour north of Chicago which has at least 7 + cases. Any of us catching anything will definitely make me reschedule-unfortunately. I’m not that Disney blind

I'm just wondering how other schools are dealing with their band trips to wdw. Ours is supposed to be next week, via charter bus, and with all of the sudden (in Iowa) colleges now moving to online for the rest of the semester, and the rest of the restrictions being posted, I was just wondering what other schools were doing with their trips. Anyone still going? Anyone cancelling? We leave 3am on Sunday the 15th and until I'm actually on the bus, I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that we can still go.

Our county just put a ban on all field trips out of the state (Virginia). This includes competitions, concerts, etc. It's sad for some of the students who have been planning and doing fund raisers for the better part of a year, but the county is trying to be preventative.

Ours leaves March 28th and so far is still on. I keep wishing it was next week because I feel like the news keeps getting worse by the day. I’m going to be so sad for the kids if it gets cancelled.

We are in Wisconsin and scheduled to leave March 22nd. Fingers crossed we are still going. It is a little concerning because a local university is extending their spring break to prepare for online classes to finish the semeste. They have an employee who had contact with someone with the virus.

I wonder if the hours during spring break might increase to try and bring in more revenue at Disneyworld because of the Asia closures....it would make sense, since the parks all close around 8-9 the next couple of weeks and we just started daylight savings. What do you think?

How would more hours get them more money?

Honest question are they driving that much money at 7am or 1am?

Now could their be more deal? Possibly to help draw in more visitors.

Depends on the return on investment...you see the increased revenue but it has to outweigh the increased # of added labor hours and decreased maintenance time. There’s also a metric for avg spending per guest per day and the avg guest hours in park. Since extending hours by 2-3 hours doesn’t add another “meal time”, I would say it’s not value added for Disney.

Plus, they need to watch for a decline in guests and a rise in cancellations to guide their next move As the pandemic could cost a lot of money to the tourist industry.

coming from a Disneyland background, we have longer park hours to keep the $ in the parks. At WDW, shorter hours make resorts and dining a draw and keep $ on site. Shorter hours + more parks also mean that guests are better rested and can space out their vacations over many more days vs the avg DL stay of a weekend.

hope this makes sense as late night typing often rambles...

Our high school in North Carolina just decided to cancel next week’s performance trip. Not only are the kids disappointed, we’re unsure what (if any) costs we can recuperating from the tour operator.

Our son's band leaves tomorrow afternoon. They're so close to leaving I can't imagine it being canceled now.

Orlando Mayor Demmings yesterday said in a press conference "we are open for business" there have been 0 confirmed cases in Orlando so far and all the precautions are being taken.
This state and especially the central Florida area is highly dependent on tourism money, it'll take alot for the theme parks to close.

I’m in the U.K. due to travel to Orlando in 10 days for a couple of weeks. I’m worried that we won’t be welcome as international travellers and I’ve heard that cases in Florida are rising and there’s rationing of food etc. We can’t cancel and get costs back from our insurance until the US is a no fly country which feels like it’s a way off yet?

I wonder if the hours during spring break might increase to try and bring in more revenue at Disneyworld because of the Asia closures....it would make sense, since the parks all close around 8-9 the next couple of weeks and we just started daylight savings. What do you think?

If they follow normal calendar patterns, we will likely see an April park hours update late day this Friday. So yes, I expect to see some hours expansion in April soon - but that will be more standard operating procedure than anything else.

I’m in the U.K. due to travel to Orlando in 10 days for a couple of weeks. I’m worried that we won’t be welcome as international travellers and I’ve heard that cases in Florida are rising and there’s rationing of food etc. We can’t cancel and get costs back from our insurance until the US is a no fly country which feels like it’s a way off yet?

No one is rationing food. lol This may or may not turn into something, but the media reports are bordering on insane right now.

We have been hoping to still to go in April but thinking it may not happen. They keep quarantining people around here for exposure and I'm thinking we will end up quarantined at some point soon so we won't be able to leave.
for park tickets purchased at Undercover Tourist, could we use those later this year?

traveling April 18-23, hoping to go as long as there are no travel restrictions and the parks are open. Of course, we booked all this using 3,000 in Disney gift cards, so a refund means a bunch of Disney currency around the house. Plus, we are passholders and our passes expire beginning of June, so we wouldn’t have a chance to reschedule before then. Any chance Disney would extend passes, should they have to close for any significant time?

Booked for the last week in April. Unless the parks are shut down, we are going. I’m on pins and needles until then!

traveling April 18-23, hoping to go as long as there are no travel restrictions and the parks are open. Of course, we booked all this using 3,000 in Disney gift cards, so a refund means a bunch of Disney currency around the house. Plus, we are passholders and our passes expire beginning of June, so we wouldn’t have a chance to reschedule before then. Any chance Disney would extend passes, should they have to close for any significant time?
I don't think they're ever going to close, but if they did, for any extended period of time, I would assume people would get some sort of credit or extension on their AP's. We're a long, long way from that though, imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter