• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW closes

AMW86

Mouseketeer
Just saw a statement from Disney that WDW and DLP are closing through the end of the month. Dining, hotels and Disney Springs will remain open. Disney is paying cast members during closure

My son is a cast member in California and said it will be until at least the end of March.

That’s great that Disney will pay CM’s. But there’s going to be a lot of people around the country in for a rude awakening come April 1 when they realize their bills are still due.

Yes. I think fear is driving a lot of people to want everything to shutdown right now. I think a lot of people also think their employer has the ability to afford payroll.
Thanks for the clarification. Disney can afford this. Smaller businesses are going to suffer the most. I think that everyone here sympathizes with everyone who will be hurt by this, whether it be health or financial.

That’s great that Disney will pay CM’s. But there’s going to be a lot of people around the country in for a rude awakening come April 1 when they realize their bills are still due.

that’s what unemployment pay is for. But with Florida having a very low unemployment pay wdw did the right thing to pay their employees. But thousands more in the tourist areas will have to be on Florida’s low unemployment pay. It’s really disappointing how low Florida is on their unemployment pay. One of the worst in the country.

My sincere sympathies for fellow DISers affected by this. We were Snow Birds this Feb staying 20 mins away and hit the parks 10 times at least, twice with daughter, SIL and 2 grand kids, can't imagine how screwed we'd have felt if this came down 5 or 6 weeks earlier. Just today I booked SW flights RT for late Oct so we have skin in this game going forward. This had to be done, unfortunately, although we 2 Senior Citizens don't feel personally threatened even though I turn 70 in May, wifey is somewhat younger, we'll ride it out OK but our thoughts and prayers go out to any in this community and elsewhere who take a direct hit from this. For better or worse, we're living in interesting times,

Bill From PA

Not surprised. Need to flatten that curve so we don’t end up like Italy. No way to realistically practice the spread prevention precautions from WHO and CDC while at WDW and then dispersing all those possibly infected people back throughout the country/world...

I was in Orlando during the last recession in 2008. Outside the Disney bubble, store fronts all across Orlando were boarded up all across the greater Orlando metropolitan area. It was an astonishing site. Unfortunately, this is where we are headed again, except this will be worse. God bless.

I was in Orlando during the last recession in 2008. Outside the Disney bubble, store fronts all across Orlando were boarded up all across the greater Orlando metropolitan area. It was an astonishing site. Unfortunately, this is where we are headed again, except this will be worse. God bless.

I don't think the gloom will last. The market is reacting as it always does. Then, it bounces back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter