WDW changes due to the Politically Correct Era??

Status
Not open for further replies.

perla75

DIS Veteran
I thought this might be an interesting thread to start.

What changes have been made to WDW because they are now considered politically INcorrect in the eyes of Disney?

I'll start: the sad removal of Musket Mickey, due to the fear that all children will go out & shoot a gun because Mickey has one.

Also, there used to be a topless mermaid in the Peter Pan ride. I think it got substituted for the Ariel that is there right now.

Your turn-what major or minor changes have been made due to the era of being totally PC?

Some one do a fact check on me, but i believe they once had a wench auction scene in pirates that is now a bride auction.

Haunted Mansion they don't say drag your wretched bodies into the center of the room anymore.

I know the Dixie Landings resort name was scrapped in favor of Port Orleans Riverside due to potential negative connotations between "dixie" and the old south plantation era.

Also from POTC, the pirate used to be chasing the woman in a circle, rather than the woman chasing the pirate with a broom.

Of course there is the pirates chasing the women scene in POTC that has been changed to the women chasing the pirates who have stole food, etc.

Darn -the two I knew of were already posted: changing the name of Dixie Landings and the woman chasing the pirate! I will be interested to hear of more. I'm sure there are many! Does not releasing "Song of the South" anymore count?

Darn -the two I knew of were already posted: changing the name of Dixie Landings and the woman chasing the pirate! I will be interested to hear of more. I'm sure there are many! Does not releasing "Song of the South" anymore count?

I am surprised-and VERY GRATEFUL-that they did not alter Splash Mountain because of this!

I also wonder if all of these changes were due to WDW trying to conform with the times or if several guests made complaints:confused3

But they DID alter Splash Mountain....they took out the sillouhette of Uncle Remus.

SO glad I have my bootleg copy of SOTS!

I also heard that they did away with several violent video games from hotel arcades after the Columbine incident.....not sure if this is true though-??

My mom also told me that in DisneyLAND, there used to be an Aunt Jemima Pancake House restaurant that closed down due to compliants of racial stereotypes.

Speaking of political correctness, the Design Your Own T-Shirt shop at DTD would not let us make a t-shirt that said "Short People Scare Me" for our 6' 2" DD17.

They also had a 15 minute conference in the back room debating the meaning of the shirt I wanted that had Sorcerer Mickey and said "I cast Magic Missile." Any of you who have played dungeons & Dragons will know how absurd such a debate would be. Those of you who haven't, you'll have to take my word for it.

I believe Cinderella kept her maiden name after the wedding - I mean, have you ever heard her referred to as Princess Charming?;)

Speaking of political correctness, the Design Your Own T-Shirt shop at DTD would not let us make a t-shirt that said "Short People Scare Me" for our 6' 2" DD17.

They also had a 15 minute conference in the back room debating the meaning of the shirt I wanted that had Sorcerer Mickey and said "I cast Magic Missile." Any of you who have played dungeons & Dragons will know how absurd such a debate would be. Those of you who haven't, you'll have to take my word for it.

I saw a dwarf wearing a "Short people scare me" shirt or something to that effect :lmao:

The scene along the train ride with the cabin burning was changed from Injuns burning it down to the old man sleeping it off while the cabin burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter