WDW Annual Pass for an Australian.

BrizMarc

YOUR AD HERE!
Hiya, I was wondering if I buy a Annual pass for WDW from the Disney website, will it mailed to Australia or do I just pick it up when I get to orlando? If so how far ahead can I order one?

The one time I did this (which is a good 4 or 5 years ago now - so I don't know if the procedure has changed), they posted it to us here in Australia. It was not the actual pass, but a voucher (similar size & feel to a business card), that we had to exchange for the actual pass when we got to WDW.
We were still able to book our hotel with the annual pass discount by just having the voucher. We just showed them our actual Annual Pass when we got it on our first day there.

We held WDW passes for 2009. We ordered ours through Dreams Unlimited, as we were booking the hotels through them. So technically they organised it all for us.
We ordered them about mid way through 2008. We were sent and recieved through the mail, vouchers to redeem at the window at any one of the parks. The AP itself was not activated until we presented it at the first park in Jan 2009. It was then valid for 12 months.
Don't forget that with an AP, you are also entitled to the AP discounts, which usually come out before the General Public ones. Keep an eye out for them on the "discount Codes and Rates".

We bought APs as well and got the voucher's as well which we exchanged for the real AP on the day of visit. Would do it again, aside from saving lots of money on entries, also save on purchases and food (if you buy the option). It doesn't matter how far in advance you buy it, they last until you first activate. You can have it for years if you need to - I had planned to do this, but things changed and we didn't need to, but originally I bought ours 18 months in advance (to avoid price rises and cash in on the good dollar at the time).

We bought AP's for the first time in 2007 and they wouldn't send them (or the vouchers) here. The only options we had was to have them sent to a US address or collect them at Will Call. We ended up having them sent to my cousin in NC who sent them to us here. The second time (in 2009) we just booked a package with a one day MYW ticket and upgraded it at guest services at DTD so I don't know if the policy has changed. We would probably do it that way next time we go.

We have Disneyland AP's at DL you can print out the voucher too and exchange it when you get there.

We are getting WDW AP's this trip, but as we have tickets on our package for the first part of our trip, we are going to upgrade our DL AP's and our WDW tickets to the new Premier Pass after we have checked in at Guest Services at DTD or at one of the parks and then get TIW too to use throughout the trip.

I think it is just as easy to upgrade or buy it when you get there. The voucher still isn't the pass, so you have to go to Guest Services anyway even if you have the voucher to get the AP. It's just handy to have prepaid, but you can always add tickets to your accommodation and then upgrade those tickets to the AP. Unless you have a US address, they will not send the pass so if using an Aussie address, prepurchase voucher or buy it on arrival, you still have to go to guest services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter