WDW 40th Anniversary - October 1, 2011

I had NO idea that this date was so spcieal...and we booked our wedding for that date! Wow...great choice :) I really hope that its not extra crazy or anything, we were hoping October would be slower as far as people and crowds.

I had NO idea that this date was so spcieal...and we booked our wedding for that date! Wow...great choice :) I really hope that its not extra crazy or anything, we were hoping October would be slower as far as people and crowds.

Great date!!!!!!!!

WOW, Now your new hubby will never forget your Anniversary. I would bet that my hubby could rattle off WDW's anniversary date before he could ours!!
:lmao::rotfl2:

Congratulations on your Disney wedding!:cloud9:

I just got back on the 28th and had asked at guest svc in MK. They said nothing was planned at this time, the girl checked with several people. They said to ck again closer to date , like july or Aug. Unfortunately, they may let it go just like 35 yrs went by.

We will be there from 9/24 to 10/2. First 4 nights at Beach Club, last 4 nights at Bay Lake! We made sure we were at BLT for 10/1!

I have heard that there won't be anything "extra" special with the exception of maybe a bigger firework show! Someone was saying that "40" isn't usually a number that Disney celebrates and they didn't celebrate it for DL's 40th.

Hope they are wrong, this is on of the main reasons we picked this time frame!

Do you think we can at least expect them to mention it at rope drop or get a bigger fireworks finale?

Hmmmm I am really hope they do something.

I will be so disappointed if there's not even a mention of it - one of the reasons we picked the dates for our trip was to coincide with the anniversary! Mostly we just want to be able to say we were in the Magic Kingdom that day, but I am hoping for special fireworks or decorations, or even just buttons like a pp mentioned.

I'm sure they will do something. I could be wrong but I'm sure I saw Dooney and Bourke bags for the 40th anniversary.

I will be so disappointed if there's not even a mention of it - one of the reasons we picked the dates for our trip was to coincide with the anniversary! Mostly we just want to be able to say we were in the Magic Kingdom that day, but I am hoping for special fireworks or decorations, or even just buttons like a pp mentioned.

I'm sure they will do something. I could be wrong but I'm sure I saw Dooney and Bourke bags for the 40th anniversary.

I would think it will be acknowledged in some way, there is lots of "40 years" merchandise in the parks/resorts/DTD

You are right about Dooney and Bourke releasing a 40th anniversary pattern for Disney World :dance3: Not sure why, but they released it on January 28, 2011 :rolleyes1 Here is a picture of the 40th messenger bag I got when we were there in April :love: It took a lot of looking but I finally found the bag that was calling my name :cloud9: I especially love how Walt and the castle are front and center and I also love having the three characters on it :lovestruc

IMG_5546.jpg

We also booked our trip for this reason. I know it will be CRAZY busy since it's a Saturday. The plan is to do all the rides and attractions that we have on the "MUST DO" list early in the week so on the actual anniversary we can just relax and enjoy the day and anything extra they have for the day.

Ok, so there was a tweet posted earlier today that "something" would happen. Any word?? This is driving me NUTS! UGH!! Spill the beans Disney! LOL

I saw something on Twitter today about special surprises, no details yet. I will be in Epcot that day. I was afraid it would be a madhouse at MK.

I am sure that there will be some kind of merchandise...like the 2011 shirts and sweatshirts. I wanted to be down for that but unfortunately DH has to work so I took November. oh well

I have contacted a high-level person in Public Relations at WDW concerning a close relative of a friend who is WDW's "twin sister", having been born October 1, 1971 and who is a Disney fanatic. She will be visiting WDW for a few days centered around October 1, and the friend wanted to know if something could be done?

The response was that Disney has no plans for anything special. I was put in contact with a reporter from The Orlando Sentinel who will be doing the lead on a feature about the Anniversary, and I was also told that the largest newspaper in that person's home state is also doing a feature on the Anniversary and more than likely that newspaper would like to include the woman in the article.

If they are planning to do anything special, they are definitely hiding what they will do from their front-line Cast Members and Public Relations people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter