WDW 40th Anniversary - October 1, 2011

MisunderstoodLilo

DIS Veteran
Will there be any activities at WDW this year for their 40th anniversary? If so, when? Any special banners or decorations?

I have also been wondering this! I am hoping for maybe some extra big fireworks that night? Who knows? Do you think it will be extra busy or a big draw for people to be there on the 1st? We were planning for that time anyway but we are excited to be there on the 1st if it works out for us to go back then.

I asked about this a few months ago and got some replies basically saying noone knows yet. Hopefully you will get some responses with new info! I will be waiting to hear too!

We are scheduled to be there that day...yeah! I hope this doesn't effect what would be a lower crowd time though:(

We were at Epcot for the 25th (i think) and were given free buttons! I was looking at mine today. They are great beacuse they are free and unique! I must admit DH said, we should go to the MK that day,so I bet it will be crowded :goodvibes:

That will be our first day and we always start at the MK. Can't wait! :yay:

We will be thier as well. Tempted not to do MK though as i think it will be packed out.

We arrive 9/30, and are doing US/IOA 10/1-2. If I hear of any anniversary events, I'll make MK our first stop 10/1 at least for a pop in since we are AP holders. Just realized yesterday that it would be the 40th while we are there.

I'm hoping to visit for the 40th celebration as well. I'm wondering if or when they annouce anything will Oct. 1st still be the "big day" or do you think they would consider Oct. 25th as the anniversary since that was the day WDW was dedicated? I have always thought it would be Oct. 1st, but then I started thinking (which is never a good thing! LOL) that it would be horrible to get down there on the 1st and have CM say that it was the "soft opening" for the park and the 25th was the "real" opening since that was dedication day. Thoughts???

I really hope they announce something soon so we can actually get some answers and start getting (even more) excited about planning!

I'm also curious if anything will be going on that day. My day to visit MK works in best on Oct 1 or the Monday which has the evening EMH. Trying to decide which day will be less crowded. Hoping the opening weekend of F&W will draw the crowds to Epcot, but with the anniversary I'm not sure. Looks like the hours for the 1st are the same as the other Saturday's that month. :confused3

That is the day of the Wine & Dine Half Marathon and the 5K run.....I'll be there for that. Hopefully they make this race extra special b/c of the 40th!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter