WBC Question

ShesALovebug

Just trying to soak up all the knowledge here to p
We're booked for the end of April at WBC for our first time. We're driving down from NJ and doing 5 Days at Disney and 3 at Universal.

This whole trip is a surprise for my daughter's birthday, she'll turn 8 while we're there. Our plan is to tell her we're visiting family in Alabama, where we've never been. We'd like to check into the room, then head to DTD and tell her there.

My question is this, pulling into the WBC, walking into the check-in area or getting to the room, is there anything that says or shows you're at/near Disney? Even if we have to change our reveal to something else, I just don't want her to figure it out before we're ready.

Thanks so much :)

Yes probably impossible for her not to figure it out.... signs everywhere saying Disney world and billboards etc.

We're booked for the end of April at WBC for our first time. We're driving down from NJ and doing 5 Days at Disney and 3 at Universal.

This whole trip is a surprise for my daughter's birthday, she'll turn 8 while we're there. Our plan is to tell her we're visiting family in Alabama, where we've never been. We'd like to check into the room, then head to DTD and tell her there.

My question is this, pulling into the WBC, walking into the check-in area or getting to the room, is there anything that says or shows you're at/near Disney? Even if we have to change our reveal to something else, I just don't want her to figure it out before we're ready.

Thanks so much :)
To get to bonnet creek, you drive right through the big Disney gates -- but she'll have figured it out hours before then. Driving down you'll pass a million signs and billboards indicating where you're going.

If your daughter is anything like my kids, she'll know long before you even leave. If fact, she's probably reading this thread right now.

:thumbsup2Yep, the billboards several miles out will give it away. You'll have to do the reveal earlier on in the drive if you want it to remain a surprise. Sounds like a great birthday in the making btw

Not what I wanted to hear, but helpful none the less, haha.

Any suggestions for a good place to stop and let her in on the surprise before we get too close?

The only way she'll find out before we get there is if I explode with excitement and tell her, lol. Sometimes I get so excited thinking about it I think it's going to bubble up and out. It's been a secret for almost a year now, I can hold out a few more months I hope :goodvibes

Maybe stop at the welcome to FL visitor center when you enter the state and suggest she pick out somewhere she would like to go? Or schedule your driving for late in the evening arrival and she would be asleep in the car? My grandkids have on headphones and are busy watching videos - not sure they would even notice the billboards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter