Waterpark changing rooms?

ten822

Mouseketeer
Planning on TL this trip, we have never been there before. We are also doing Discovery Cove. I have gotten info on DC changing area/showers. Now, I need to know if TL have similar facilities with soap and shampoo in showers, hairdryers, washcloths, etc...

It's been a few yeas since I was last at a Disney waterpark, but it was a bring your own kind of deal. DC is an all inclusive experience, while TL and BB are similar to your local water park (although much better themed). No complimentary toiletries or towels. Although there are towels that you can both purchase and rent if needed.

Disney resort guests now get complimentary pool towels at TL and BB.

I know there's a shower / changing area, but I'm not sure what's in the shower area.

The changing rooms are very basic- really just a place to rinse off and change. You'll need to bring supplies if you want to really take a shower, etc. If you are staying on Disney property, you can get towels for free at the towel rental stations.

The times I've rinsed off in the shower room for the bus ride back to my resort, they seemed really wet. All the other times I just threw on a coverup and headed back. I'd be really hesitant to use a hairdryer in there. I could also remember wrong...waterparks and drinks go down far too smooth for me:)

As others have said, there are changing rooms and showers and towels are now complimentary to resort guests. I honestly can't remember if there are toiletries (shampoo, etc.) or not. Last time we went, I just took shampoo, conditioner and soap from our resort room and used it there.

As of last month, the showers do include a single "hair and body shampoo" dispenser in each stall. I don't remember the brand of the liquid, but it was some very commercial/industrial looking product. It's not great. Definitely not as nice as the toiletries found in resort rooms, so if you want real shampoo or soap you should bring some from home or hotel. But it's better than just a rinse.

On two different stays, we've scheduled Typhoon Lagoon as the last park before heading to the airport. I'm very happy with the showers and changing rooms there, as it's much better than getting on a trans-continental flight feeling sticky and grimy.

(Edited to add: I don't recall seeing those dispensers in past trips to the water parks, so please take my post with a grain of salt.)

Last edited:
To the people who posted in this thread, thank you for the info!

On my next Disney trip we are doing a half day at the waterparks, then going to a themepark afterwards. Originally, we planned on going back to our rooms between parks to clean up, but if BB and TL have showers we can use, even better, we can go straight from one park to another. That will save us time, and I have no problem bring my own toiletries.

To the people who posted in this thread, thank you for the info!

On my next Disney trip we are doing a half day at the waterparks, then going to a themepark afterwards. Originally, we planned on going back to our rooms between parks to clean up, but if BB and TL have showers we can use, even better, we can go straight from one park to another. That will save us time, and I have no problem bring my own toiletries.[/QUOTE

This is exactly what my family does. It works out really well.

Might be doing the same in August. What do you do with the wet suits while in the theme park though?

Might be doing the same in August. What do you do with the wet suits while in the theme park though?
We were going to rent a locker for them because they can get quite heavy, but my husband is more of a party pooper and he decided to go back to the hotel. I sent him back with everything we didn't need. We plan on renting a locker this time though. I stuck a couple of big ziploc bags in the backpack for the wet suits to keep our stuff dry and honestly if my husband doesn't complain then he will just carry them around in the backpack.

Great ideas thanks. Just DS5 and I so a locker sounds like a good idea.

Do you know if I rent a locker for use at the water park is that good at the theme parks that same day with receipt?

Thanks again!

Great ideas thanks. Just DS5 and I so a locker sounds like a good idea.

Do you know if I rent a locker for use at the water park is that good at the theme parks that same day with receipt?

Thanks again!
I'm not sure, but I doubt it. I remember the locker at the waterpark being pretty expensive too. They are awesome parks though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter