Water pressure issues causing a stir at ASMu

skatalite

DIS Veteran
The water pressure has been down most of the day today due to maintenance replacing a pipe here at All-Star Music. People are not happy at all, especially since toilets can't be flushed and showers can't be taken.

Has anyone else run into this issue? It's been going on for maybe five hours now, and when I called maintenance/housekeeping, I was told they'd let us know when the issue was resolved. But they never told us there was going to be maintenance work going on that would drop water pressure to nil.

If it isn't resolved shortly, looks like my wife and I will be the smelly couple at our dinner reservation tonight! :rotfl2:

Wow, that's inconvenient to say the least.
Can you run next door to ASMovies or Sports and use the showers near their pool?

The water pressure has been down most of the day today due to maintenance replacing a pipe here at All-Star Music. People are not happy at all, especially since toilets can't be flushed and showers can't be taken.

Has anyone else run into this issue? It's been going on for maybe five hours now, and when I called maintenance/housekeeping, I was told they'd let us know when the issue was resolved. But they never told us there was going to be maintenance work going on that would drop water pressure to nil.

If it isn't resolved shortly, looks like my wife and I will be the smelly couple at our dinner reservation tonight! :rotfl2:

This doesn't sound like maintenace to me. It sounds like an emergency and they are trying to repair it as quickly as possible. Emergencies can't be scheduled to happen when it's convenient! :goodvibes

Oh no!! I hope they get it fixed soon! Or there will be many guests that will not be very happy! The only alternative that I can think of is to walk to the Movies or Sports and use their facilities-- pool showers and bathrooms. Keep us posted please.. Maybe you can use like baby wipes for now to wipe down until the water is running again.

A similar problem happened while we were staying at the Grand Floridian. We had no water for a few hours in the afternoon. While it was definitely inconvenient, they tried to repair the problem as quickly as possible.

This doesn't sound like maintenace to me. It sounds like an emergency and they are trying to repair it as quickly as possible. Emergencies can't be scheduled to happen when it's convenient! :goodvibes

This same thing happened to us over spring break in Myrtle Beach this year. They worked as quickly as possible but it took several hours. Emergencies can't be helped!

Hey all. The issue still isn't resolved, but oddly enough the showers in the pool bathrooms were working, so I got cleaned up there.

Hey all. The issue still isn't resolved, but oddly enough the showers in the pool bathrooms were working, so I got cleaned up there.
That's good to hear.. at least you guys don't have to walk to the other resorts. I'm sure the bathrooms/showers at the pool is going to be a little bit crowded than usual. Keep us posted!

Hey all, just giving an update.

As of 6 p.m., water pressure had not been restored. The wife and I left for Citricos around 6 p.m. and returned from Magic Kingdom around 10:45 p.m. and pressure had been restored. So, the issue was resolved within that span of time, which is good. Felt nice to take a proper shower!

We completely understand things happen and so forth, so we're not mad about anything. It was just an inconvenience, and even moreso because we wanted to freshen up before dinner.

Dinner, by the way, was awesome. We've been here since June 16 and we leave June 26. We've taken pictures of most of our food, and will write up a review thread and such next week.

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter