• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Water Bottles in the Park?

On one of my trips to Disney several years ago, I bought a refillable filtered water bottle at Target. It worked great.

We always carry a couple of bottles and refill regularly. We drink a lot of water throughout the day so buying bottles isn’t feasible for us. For sure in AK the Starbucks has ice water in a canister and we refill there every time we walk by.

I've used that one, also the Dawa bar in the Africa section had an ice water dispenser on the back corner.

We always go through lots of water if we go to WDW in the summer!

Also, well, when people get dehydrated, their energy level drops quickly. But your water needs really depend how heavily you personally sweat.

We tend to load up in the morning, drink some water early, recycle a few bottles, refill others, get ice water with every meal, etc. In the past, asking for water could be a bit slow. On our most recent trip though, the CM's did a much better job of having some handy for guests. Still, most CM's will give you a somewhat small cup when you ask for water.

I DO wish WDW had more bottled water refill stations!

The first aid stations have filtered water thingies (think Culligan machines) that we use regularly. We have collapsible water bottles so they don't take up too much space in the luggage. The first aid folks would much rather give you water than scrape you off the ground when you pass out due to dehydration!!

I use a 32 oz hydro flask that I fill with ice then with water. As I drink I just get cups of ice water (ice usually melted in cup as they premake them) from QS locations and keep filling my jug. I have ice all day and don't spend a dime.

We're going to bring 2 Hydroflask water bottles with us because even in the hottest weather, it keeps ice water ice cold all day long. Also, with a family of 4, paying for a $3 water bottle x4 x6+ times a day equates to $72 or more a day in just bottled water. I'd rather spend my money on other things, so we go the freebie route instead.

I am going to Disney in August and I know it will be hot and humid. Are there places to fill water bottles in the parks? Can you bring in extra water bottles?
You can bring in as many water bottles as you can carry. We will usually freeze one or two on hot days and throw that in our backpack but me and my DH each drink about 1 gal/water daily so we bring our big Nalgene bottles and refill throughout the day. If you do decide to do refills, the water fountains and drink stations (which you can fill up with the quick service restaurant cups for free as much as you want) is pretty gross tasting to us, so we bring the powder flavor packets to make it more tolerable. Also, another tip, after a meal I just dump the ice from my drink into my water bottle to get it cold again and do a refill from my water I ordered.

We brought a couple of insulated bottles too. We'd fill with ice then water. We bought a case of water from Amazon PrimeNow, carried a couple extras to get us through early afternoon. At lunch we'd get water at the restaurant with a lot of ice and fill up the bottle again. After that we'd just buy a couple bottles of water.

One thing: having a case of water delivered to your resort might be an option, but the WDW resorts that have business centers charge a fee, and we had to wait for staff to deliver it to our room (at least last time we did it).

You can put bottled water and shelf-stable milk boxes into checked luggage, though it might be wise to wrap in Ziploc bags if you do.

Cargo short pockets can work for carrying water.

Otherwise, I agree with the idea of minimizing what you carry. In most cases, it is best to carry only essentials, and/or minimal quantities (tissues, band aids), and/or the most compact style of certain items (chapstick-style sunscreen instead of a giant bottle). In most cases, WDW sells items you might need. It might cost a few dollars more, but it is worth not carrying everything all day, unless you really have specific needs. (like emergency meds)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter