Was the principal at your school strict or easy going?

Elementary school, he was pretty even tempered. Really didn't have much to do with him in 7 years other than he would make announcements on the speaker in the classroom or at assemblies.
Junior High School, never had anything to do with him in 2 years.
Freshman year of High School, private high school, don't remember any reason for him to be strict. Only 150 students in all 4 grdes
Last 3 years of High school, public high school. No clue, 2,000 students, never saw him around. When they was an issue on campus, he didn't deal with it, the Sheriff's Department did.

In Elementary school, she was very strict. Ms. Monroe. After she retired, the township put her name on the school. Junior high and High School, I have no idea. Don't remember even seeing them.

Maybe it’s a Southern thing, but the principals at my schools were generally easy going, however there was always a vice-principal who was the strict disciplinarian.

The principal was super easy going. The dean of students? Don't get me started. I think Dolores Umbridge was modeled after her. Always patrolling the campus just waiting for a student to eat a tiny piece of candy or single cracker outside of the cafeteria area.

I was in elementary school many years ago, and our principal was strict. He was respected and feared by those who got into trouble. BAck then, the use of a paddle was common and our principal had a wooden one. The fear of that paddle detoured many kids from bad behavior. I never had it used on me, but my brother did, LOL. It wasn't abuse. It was a light pat on the rear and the humiliation that the kid got from that.
If we acted up in school, we were told we would get the same punishment at home. That didn't stop my brother though, LOL. That's the way it was in the 50's. Now none of that light "punishment" would be tolerated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter