Was anyone else scared???

madelinesmum

DIS Veteran
We are thinking about going to Sting Ray City but I am scared to death of the sting rays! I know they are supposedly tame and used to people but I'm still scared that I may get off balance and step on one of them.

Please tell me I am not the only one!:confused:

We are thinking about going to Sting Ray City but I am scared to death of the sting rays! I know they are supposedly tame and used to people but I'm still scared that I may get off balance and step on one of them.

Please tell me I am not the only one!:confused:

The Sting Rays at Castaway have had the barbs cut, if that makes you feel any better about doing it there. I don't know about Sting Ray City.

Stingray City in Grand Cayman was awesome. I was nervous at first too. Takes a little getting used to. They will teach you to shuffle your feet as you walk along- the water's up to your chest or so. They'll brush along your legs which does feel funny. I had their barbs brush me every so often but I didn't really move around a whole lot and I think it would really take a lot to have a barb pierce you. I wouldn't waste energy worrying though. I would do it again in a second.

I'll second the recommendation for Castaway Cay if you are scared. But it would really take a lot to tick off the rays at Stingray City. When we did it, our guide even took them out of the water and put them on our heads for photos. They are waaaay tame!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter