Warner Brothers Studios? Worth going to?

JacksWench

Earning My Ears
Hi...

This is my first post after lurking for a few days.... I am wondering if the Warner Brothers Studios is as cool as it looks...for the money.
We have two kids, 8 and 10, and they both love anything to do with the movies. My ten year old is star struck by anything to do with Hollywood, so we thought this would be a good fit, but it is pricey, and the reviews that I have found are mostly from 2005.
We would be going on a Thursday (Oct 4th, 2007), the day after my little girl turns ten...
Any thoughts would be great!

Our Disney trip is TEN days this time, so we have lots of time, but a slim budget...

Thanks for any suggestions!
Kim

This trip is Sept 28th - Oct 8th, 2007 !!! Ten days to go.

Last trip was March 6th - 14th, 2007

First trip with kids was March 5-12th, 2006

Only together trip before kids - Oct 1996 - The last little bit of the Electrical Light Parade. The Park was so thick with people you couldn't turn around without stepping on someone. (The travel agent told us it was the least crowded time to go.) We can't remember any Halloween decorations, either. Maybe we blocked them out from the trauma?

:eek:

I have mixed feelings about Warner's tour, primarily because it is so pricey. For almost the same price you could get a one day ticket to Universal and have both their backlot tour and the rides and shows (which the kids might enjoy more). However, if you're kids are big Harry Potter fans, then WB may be the way to go....they had a big HP museum this summer as part of the tour (not sure how long it was going to last though, so check that out first). But they will get to check out a few of the old sets from shows that used to film at WB, so if they like those TV shows, then they'd enjoy WB's tour (you don't get to walk around any of the sets at Universal, it's all on the tram).

We've done the WB tour a twice, but it's been a couple of years. We had a few star sitings, including all of the "Friends" on their way to lunch together, Noah Wylie from ER riding a bike on the lot, and Drew Carey came up to our cart and talked to us for a bit.
You are going at a good time because many shows are taped on Thursdays, so you have a great chance at seeing stars. If you do a web search for free TV tickets, you may also find a taping you can take your kids to. I think Nick has some kids' shows taping down there,

It's probably worth it if they really love Harry Potter because the HP museum is classy. The rest of it is hit-or-miss, lots of people liked visiting the Gilmore Girls set but that show has gone off to tv heaven.

They don't allow 8 or 10 year olds to stay for the comedy show tapings at night.

If not big HP fans, I'd say L.A. Zoo, The La Brea Tar Pits & Page Museum, the Natural History Museum or a trip down to Legoland would be a better day spent.

Thanks for your help..we are all HP fans, and that alone is worth the price, we hope...the tour is the icing on the cake.
The cost is pretty steep for us, so my fingers are crossed. Thursdays are taping days? That would be pretty cool if my daughter could see a celebrity...I don't even think it would matter if she knew who they were - she would look them up!

Thanks again!

Two days and we are outta here!!

Kim:yay:

If they don't allow you enough time to hang out in the Museum, be sure to ask your tour guide if you can go back afterwards and spend more time.

WOW Im gonna have to look into the Harry Potter exhibit. I didnt even know that was going on. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

I have mixed feelings about Warner's tour, primarily because it is so pricey. For almost the same price you could get a one day ticket to Universal and have both their backlot tour and the rides and shows (which the kids might enjoy more). However, if you're kids are big Harry Potter fans, then WB may be the way to go....they had a big HP museum this summer as part of the tour (not sure how long it was going to last though, so check that out first). But they will get to check out a few of the old sets from shows that used to film at WB, so if they like those TV shows, then they'd enjoy WB's tour (you don't get to walk around any of the sets at Universal, it's all on the tram).

I think the VIP is worth every penny. The Universal backlot tour is fairly lame in my opinion. At the warner brothers tour, you get to see WORKING sets. You get to see where they make props, you get to see all kinds of great things, plus celebrities!

I know this sounds like a strange question but are their restroom breaks on the tour and how long are you on the tram for between breaks?

I think we had about two opportunities to use the restroom. Once in the middle of the trip, and once at the end while we were visiting the memorabilia museum. You ride the tram a lot, but you also get to get off and walk around various areas (the ER lot, the car area, etc)

Also, if you go, let them know what WB shows/movies you like and they will tailor the tour to the likes of the people!

A lot of us were Gilmore Girls fans, so they actually took us around to the sets! We got to walk around the dragonfly inn, logans apartment and even the Gilmore house. We even got to see some of the actors as they were filming the series finale!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter